OK - Joseph Angelo, 24, shot 36 times, Guthrie, 5 April 2017 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Who asks a friend - even best friend - for this type of favor - protection? why? (Sorry to quote self)

And to expand on johunt's point about robbers not making appts, at least not as SOP.

Who announces - specifically to victim (if they did) - she/she is the intended robbery target - at specified day or time?

What else was involved? More to the story? Much more than LE & MSM say?

RIP Joe Angelo. Thoughts & prayers to family, friends, & community.

When you are dealing drugs, you are in close contact with a lot of shady, unsavory characters.

I think this was more of a 'dispute' than a 'robbery.' Which is why she knew it was about to go down. She may have had an argument with a client or business associate that morning. Over quantity, or quality or unpaid debts, etc. From that argument, she probably received threats. Like pay us by noon or else, kind of a thing..

She couldn't call LE for obvious reasons. I don't know why she called her friend. She needed to call 2 or more people with weapons. Not one lone friend, who thought it was safe to sit on the porch and smoke a cig.

The cops called Drew, my hubs, to ID his body. He had to ID him based off his tattoos. Then yesterday, he had to go pick up Joeys belongings. My husband had basically raised Joey since he had come to work for Drew, my husband, back in 2009.

Drew also saw the crime scene. It's a tragedy. The investigators explained to him what they believe what happened.
(SIDENOTE: Joey had a friend who was murdered back in January and police never had enough evidence arrest their POIs.)
Joey lived a few houses down from his friend(who got murdered) and that friend's girlfriend. The "widow" still lives there...(I'll call her FFG for "former friends gf) On Tuesday, FFG had reached out to joey saying that she felt like might be attacked by her boyfriend's killers so he hung out there. Later that night, 3 guys pulled up and tried to talk with FFG. Joey said to back off, etc. A scuffle broke out between Joey and one guy. That guy pistol whipped Joey and when joey was falling back onto the porch the other 2 guy emptied their clips into him. Joey was unarmed and trying to protect FFG. He was pronounced dead at the hospital 3 hours after the shooting.

The cops called Drew, my hubs, to ID his body. He had to ID him based off his tattoos. Then yesterday, he had to go pick up Joeys belongings. My husband had basically raised Joey since he had come to work for Drew, my husband, back in 2009.

Drew also saw the crime scene. It's a tragedy. The investigators explained to him what they believe what happened.
(SIDENOTE: Joey had a friend who was murdered back in January and police never had enough evidence arrest their POIs.)
Joey lived a few houses down from his friend(who got murdered) and that friend's girlfriend. The "widow" still lives there...(I'll call her FFG for "former friends gf) On Tuesday, FFG had reached out to joey saying that she felt like might be attacked by her boyfriend's killers so he hung out there. Later that night, 3 guys pulled up and tried to talk with FFG. Joey said to back off, etc. A scuffle broke out between Joey and one guy. That guy pistol whipped Joey and when joey was falling back onto the porch the other 2 guy emptied their clips into him. Joey was unarmed and trying to protect FFG. He was pronounced dead at the hospital 3 hours after the shooting.

Oh wow. I'm so sorry for your loss again, just an innocent guy caught in the crossfire:(

She must have had some communication with someone since the original murder was in January. Why now did she feel threatened that day AND she was right they were coming. I bet there is more to her story do you think?

Oh wow. I'm so sorry for your loss again, just an innocent guy caught in the crossfire:(

She must have had some communication with someone since the original murder was in January. Why now did she feel threatened that day AND she was right they were coming. I bet there is more to her story do you think?

I think you hit the nail on the head so to speak about there being more to her story. I'm not buying it. I guess it's a "gut feeling" but something is icky

Wellllll speaking of gut feelings and things being icky I have several regarding your post and story. Where to begin? Drew didn't identify the body. Joey's brother, mother of his child, current girlfriend, ex girlfriend and several friends were all there... But no Drew. Drew hadn't seen him in more than six months and during that time Joey had at least six new tattoos. Sadly the only ones Drew would've been familiar with would've been pretty destroyed. Also, Drew didn't pick up his belongings. At most he may have driven the mother of Joey's child to get them. I can't say for sure he wasn't there... But I don't recall seeing him. Oh and lastly Joey's deceased friend never lived in that house with "ffg" or whatever clever name you gave her. She just moved into the house a few weeks ago. I won't speak on the specifics of the act of his murder because I'm not disgusting and don't need internet fame. But as one of the last people to speak to him, I'm honestly insulted you'd use Joey to get noticed on a forum .

Wellllll speaking of gut feelings and things being icky I have several regarding your post and story. Where to begin? Drew didn't identify the body. Joey's brother, mother of his child, current girlfriend, ex girlfriend and several friends were all there... But no Drew. Drew hadn't seen him in more than six months and during that time Joey had at least six new tattoos. Sadly the only ones Drew would've been familiar with would've been pretty destroyed. Also, Drew didn't pick up his belongings. At most he may have driven the mother of Joey's child to get them. I can't say for sure he wasn't there... But I don't recall seeing him. Oh and lastly Joey's deceased friend never lived in that house with "ffg" or whatever clever name you gave her. She just moved into the house a few weeks ago. I won't speak on the specifics of the act of his murder because I'm not disgusting and don't need internet fame. But as one of the last people to speak to him, I'm honestly insulted you'd use Joey to get noticed on a forum .

My condolences to you for the loss of your friend or family member.

Are the other details provided by the OP true?
Did a female friend call and say she thought she was going to be robbed and asked Joey to come over for protection?
What is your take on the fact that she had prior knowledge of being "robbed"?

Joey saved three lives and gave his that night. Joey was there to help a friend and yes she called him.He was that kind of guy. It's tragic that his kindness got him murdered. If you'd like to know more about him as a person you can go to his Facebook and see the outpouring of love and memories. As for the rest, until justice is served I'd rather not speak on that.

Oh and there is someone in custody for the murder of his friend that took place in January. That's public info as well. His name was Christian chancey

johunt. Thanks for the updates & links. From ^, w bbm & sbm:
"... several tips led detectives to Armstrong’s apartment complex...but after staking out the complex, officers could not find signs of him or Armstrong.Investigators learned by tracking Smith’s cellphone that the couple fled to Austin after the murder, but the cellphone came back to Oklahoma.
Police were able to contact Armstrong, who told investigators she and Smith went on a “couple’s drive.” After searching her phone, police say they found “screenshots of local news reports showing Smith being a wanted fugitive for murder.”

Evd of her knowledge of Smith being wanted by LE and her aiding him after the shooting/obstructing justice/harboring fugitive?

Still a puzzling sequence of events.

Trust me you have no idea. IMO, A huge part of the confusion stems from the fact that this truly wasn't about Joey. At all.

Wow that was hard to follow. So Joey left to go home, but 30 seconds latter someone knocked on the door? Was Joey shot before or about the same time?

Homeowner and person that called Joey over because she suspected she would be robbed...She took 3 people to get drugs back from a previous deal. So that guy went to her house and shot JA?

Wow that was hard to follow. So Joey left to go home, but 30 seconds latter someone knocked on the door? Was Joey shot before or about the same time?

Homeowner and person that called Joey over because she suspected she would be robbed...She took 3 people to get drugs back from a previous deal. So that guy went to her house and shot JA?

Honestly. I read a lot. I write even more. But that story? Sheesh. Can't tell which "him" or "he" refers to which him or he, for starters. I still don't have a good handle on how this happened.

No matter what, it certainly sounds like JA didn't deserve this.

Joey left to go home and was shot right as he left. The shooters (not sure which one) knocked on the door and said they were Joey to get the home owner to answer. She didn't... And Joey died at the hospital a few hours later.

No he certainly didn't. He was a good man with a one year old and a family and friends who love and miss him

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back