OK OK - Molly Miller, 17, & Colt Haynes, 21, Wilson, 7 July 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching up over here. We had a collapsed sewer line to deal with this week. Such fun!

Anyway, what are the pics of the creek/lake/body of water on the FB page signifying? It looks like to me they are thinking a vehicle drove into the water and there are footprints coming back out???? That's been suggested anyway.

Catching up over here. We had a collapsed sewer line to deal with this week. Such fun!

Anyway, what are the pics of the creek/lake/body of water on the FB page signifying? It looks like to me they are thinking a vehicle drove into the water and there are footprints coming back out???? That's been suggested anyway.

Lucky you!

Your guess is as good as mine at this point. Just eyeballing the pics, the closeup of the single footprint looks old and not very distinct. In the one with the wheel tracks and footprints, the prints look more crisp and fresh with sharp edges, which makes me wonder if they're footprints of a searcher who walked up to look at the wheel tracks and then walked off to the left. Or maybe walked in from the left and walked away toward the front. Lots of animal tracks as well, both new and old.

I see one curving line that looks like a wheel track and another fainter one that might be, but don't see any parallel matching tracks. I'm not sure these are wheel tracks, because they come out of the water for only a short distance and then stop, instead of continuing on out of the frame.

This is Moxley Lake, which has been searched by sonar. If there were any vehicles in there, surely they would've found them, don't you think?

I have no idea what it all means. I keep watching the comments, hoping someone asks the right questions that will get us some answers, lol.

Lucky you!

Your guess is as good as mine at this point. Just eyeballing the pics, the closeup of the single footprint looks old and not very distinct. In the one with the wheel tracks and footprints, the prints look more crisp and fresh with sharp edges, which makes me wonder if they're footprints of a searcher who walked up to look at the wheel tracks and then walked off to the left. Or maybe walked in from the left and walked away toward the front. Lots of animal tracks as well, both new and old.

I see one curving line that looks like a wheel track and another fainter one that might be, but don't see any parallel matching tracks. I'm not sure these are wheel tracks, because they come out of the water for only a short distance and then stop, instead of continuing on out of the frame.

This is Moxley Lake, which has been searched by sonar. If there were any vehicles in there, surely they would've found them, don't you think?

I have no idea what it all means. I keep watching the comments, hoping someone asks the right questions that will get us some answers, lol.

Yes, I've had a wonderful week (NOT!) but I have learned that being able to allow water to drain is PRICELESS! ;)

I keep watching the comments as well, but really really wish the family would comment/explain the pictures as they post them. Without knowing what we're looking at, we are only left to speculate. I wonder if the pictures were taken soon after the disappearances or if they are older. I guess there's no way to tell. I know when it comes to lakes like this, if the water was up at some point and there were tracks made and then the water receded, those imprints can stay there for quite some time. In reality, they may be nothing.

The tracks seem to be from a four wheeler. They are too close together for a vehicle.

Wow ! A lot of LE bashing on this thread. Most LE are amazing dedicated people who deserve the benefit of the doubt. Lots of amazing sleuthing going on. This is an all around tragic story. Without being in these families shoes (and my prayers are sincerely with them) social media is the best way to get there story out there. I'm terrified for these children. I pray there is no official "cover-up" of any kind. The 911 calls alone warrant you would assume immediate action. Ugh

Me too. Im so sorry to hear about what happened. You are so right that people have no idea unless they have to walk in the same shoes.

The closest example for me that I can relate to is my spouse father died and even during the last days in the hospital and funeral arrangements, her family members had a lot of in-fighting amongst themselves, and I had to try and be a mediator on multiple occasions.

I could not understand why anger between them was happening at a time like that, but I think I finally began to realize that the pain and grief that they had was the root cause of all the anger. It seemed to me that anger was a natural and involuntary reaction as a way to cope with what was happening and the only thing they could do was fight amongst themselves as a "release" of the grief and pain they were going through. It started to make sense to me because they could not help themselves and it was all very involuntary. Even myself was starting to get into it with others as the stress built.

So i came away from that experience realizing that it is something that is very common, it was involuntary and a natural reaction of sorts. Once I realized and learned that, it is much easier not to blame anybody for things said.

I learned an awful lot during that experience. And I sympathise with others much more now and forgive people for things that may seem unwarranted.

It is interesting that you told this story, because I was thinking in the same vain. When my dad was dying of lung cancer, my mom was plain nuts during it all, as well as the 3 years that followed his death. She was angry and snappish. She would argue and yell at the nurses. She would constantly complain. It was hard to deal with her, because I was also experiencing my own grief. My sister, who is a nurse, told me it was common during these heartbreaking situations. She saw it often in the intensive care unit at the hospital.

IMO, grieving does not give you a free pass to act and do whatever. It doesn't justify their behavior toward CH's family. Why is there tension between them? MM's family toward CH's? I am beginning to believe there were not a "couple", at least as we normally define it. The phone call that morning, where she wasn't upset, well it could be she was in shock or it could be she was very passive about CH. Again, was CH and MM with CN or was MM with CH and CN? Did those two go pick her up, or did CN pick them up together?
This case completely and absolutely revolves around drugs.

IMO, grieving does not give you a free pass to act and do whatever. It doesn't justify their behavior toward CH's family. Why is there tension between them? MM's family toward CH's? I am beginning to believe there were not a "couple", at least as we normally define it. The phone call that morning, where she wasn't upset, well it could be she was in shock or it could be she was very passive about CH. Again, was CH and MM with CN or was MM with CH and CN? Did those two go pick her up, or did CN pick them up together?
This case completely and absolutely revolves around drugs.

I can't speak for the family and I don't know the story, but perhaps they thought Colt was a bad influence on her. As we all know, this is a common concern with parents of teens. I think she ran off with him prior to their disappearance (runaway). Unfortunately, Molly's family's worst nightmare came true. They probably feel he put her in grave danger.

Just a thought . . No facts . .

I was reading one of the blogs today and a poster had commented that CN's story was he was with them earlier in the night and not with them during the chase. He was with his grandmother or something.
This would explain why he hasn't been arrested on eluding... (if this is his version) If car was wiped down, nobody saw them just prior to chase, law enforcement is gonna have a tough time on just the eluding charge or any other charge. All physical evidence found in the car would be negated because it's his girlfriend's car and he should have dna in it. Wow. They need to find those kids. Now things are making some sense on why he hasn't been arrested. Someone has to place him in that car just prior to chase or he walks. (If they are not found and assuming he did something to them) Like I said, makes sense why he hasn't been arrested.

Did CN have family on Long Hollow road? If he knew the area why would he be going down a dead end road? Or do I have it wrong?

Even though Oswald, Pike and Long Hollow rd is drawn straight it is exceptionally bumpy and potholed because of all the oil field trucks.

And very poor reception in that area. Almost nothing just south of Wilson until you get to hwy 32.

I am late getting to read about this. What is up with the burning pit? Who would be burning during the drought that OK had this year? Was there a burn ban going on? Was anything found in it?

Does anyone know which way they supposedly ran in? If they went east that is some bad critter infested bottomland.

In the very beginning of this case, LE supposively said to block the road 'because that's where he always heads'... Now I wasn't there, didn't hear it with my own ears, so take it for what it's worth. But LE was certain CN was driving, and that he had a habit of eluding police by going 'home'. Yes family in that area...

The burning hole was reported as someone was burning a tree stump with long roots. Now I don't have any idea if that's true, but I've NEVER heard of someone getting rid of tree roots, or stumps in that manner. The hole burned for Days and was still hot according to MM's family members that saw the hole and stayed there until LE arrived, which took several hours. Some ashes or whatever were gathered in an empty MT DEW CAN from that hole. What testing has showed, no idea.

Still keeping up and praying that Molly and Colt are found!!

The burning hole was reported as someone was burning a tree stump with long roots. Now I don't have any idea if that's true, but I've NEVER heard of someone getting rid of tree roots, or stumps in that manner. The hole burned for Days and was still hot according to MM's family members that saw the hole and stayed there until LE arrived, which took several hours. Some ashes or whatever were gathered in an empty MT DEW CAN from that hole. What testing has showed, no idea.

people burn stumps around here, it usually takes a weekend b/c they have to be dry, you have to keep it going, etc etc.

My friends usually drill a hole in the center and dump some kind of fluid in the middle, build a bonfire around it, and have a party lol ;-)

Here's an article on using saltpeter: http://www.treeremoval.com/stump-removal/how-to-burn-and-rot-tree-stumps/#.UoqVhMTrz84

I need to add that you CAN tell it was a stump after the fact (or at least a partially deep, round hole)---it's not like a 6x8 foot spot that a body would be in, you can tell a body would not fit where a stump used to be.

people burn stumps around here, it usually takes a weekend b/c they have to be dry, you have to keep it going, etc etc.

My friends usually drill a hole in the center and dump some kind of fluid in the middle, build a bonfire around it, and have a party lol ;-)

Here's an article on using saltpeter: http://www.treeremoval.com/stump-removal/how-to-burn-and-rot-tree-stumps/#.UoqVhMTrz84

I need to add that you CAN tell it was a stump after the fact (or at least a partially deep, round hole)---it's not like a 6x8 foot spot that a body would be in, you can tell a body would not fit where a stump used to be.

What if you burned the body? It wouldn't matter the size of the hole so much.

It's gone awfully quiet around here. While waiting for new developments, I've been back to the photos on OFMM, studying a few that intrigue me for one reason or another.

The hole for one, of course. PMF said in the radio interview that the OSBI agent shooed her away after he arrived on the scene, which leads me to believe the photo of it was taken while she was waiting for him to get there. My photo software will lighten shadows but I didn't want to see anything human down there, so it was kinda scary to try it. Thankfully, there's nothing like that visible at the bottom of the hole, just ashes and some bent, blackened wires or twigs, although surely if they were twigs they'd also be ashes. Still, it doesn't seem right to post that version of the photo here, just in case.

There was only one photo of a fence and, as I said before, I don't know if it's the one the car went through. I brightened the exposure to get a better look at the details. There are three strands of barbed wire attached to a fencepost and another fencepost lying on the ground at the upper right corner of the pic. The bent-up gate-looking thing does not appear to actually be a gate. The bars seems to be welded to the fencepost, so I don't know what's going on there. Also, the ground around it has been burned. That black shape in the middle is too small to be The Hole and, looking at the edges of the shape, it looks more like a burned thing than a hole. No idea what kind of thing it might have been:

f3b49254-f0b3-45f9-9d89-82c0eda3a465_zps2ae7f47c.jpg

More burned ground. Just guessing this is in the vicinity of, if not adjacent to, the fence above. Looks like a pond behind the trees. Moxley Lake? Another black shape behind the branches in the foreground, crumpled corrugated metal panels, and unburned branches on top of the ashes. What does it all mean?

6feb4578-0fca-43d0-8ffe-07e0590ae455_zpsf3683634.jpg

Moxley Lake is not labeled by name on Google Maps or Google Earth or Bing Maps and I couldn't find any definitive info about it by googling, but it seems like it would probably be the largest body of water in the area. You can see here there are two large ponds:

Screenshot2013-11-18at91838PM_zpsb9f09c7c.png

But switching over to satellite view, it turns out the larger one to the left is a swamp filled with vegetation, and the photos on OFMM show a large expanse of open water. So I think the one on the right is probably Moxley Lake, the one that was searched with sonar and presumably the location of the mysterious footprints. Here it is in relation to the area I suspect was the center of activity that night (the plain blue balloons mark other, smaller ponds):

Screenshot2013-11-18at95315PM_zpsd90bead0.png

And that's all I've got for now.

Links to original photos:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/438762539575189/permalink/467227303395379/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/438762539575189/permalink/467238653394244/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors