OK - Nex Benedict, 16 year old student died after being beaten in school restroom, Owasso, Feb 8 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The combination of these two meds is so clinically insignificant that they're prescribed together All. The. Time.

Even if it was done intentionally (which I have doubts about), the girls involved should still be charged for the violence. JMO.

The combination of these two meds is so clinically insignificant that they're prescribed together All. The. Time.

Even if it was done intentionally (which I have doubts about), the girls involved should still be charged for the violence. JMO.
Do you think if it was in fact a deliberate fatal overdose, that it stemmed from the fight?

JMO.

Would that mean taking a massive dosage of both would be unlikely to lead to suicide? I'm not arguing! I see you are a doctor and I have no idea about meds.

Whatever happened exactly, I also believe those girls should be charged. MOO

I take them together every day!
And HIGH doses of both.

ITA but also believe the LE resource officer who interviewed Nex really crossed the line when he compared Nix' splashing the bullies with water to equate their beating him about the head. He should be fired.

JMO

The dispatcher didn't ask Nex's mom if they were on any prescription drugs.
imo: Using drugs could have been understood by the mom as illegal drug use?
Some of the drugs kids are prescribed today can be deadly.
No info on the brand of and amount meds found in her system, both are common prescriptions and also OTC antihistamines.

Maybe the autopsy report will be made public?

'The summary report released by Oklahoma's chief medical examiner on Wednesday found antidepressants and antihistamines in Benedict's system in addition to blood about the nose and mouth'.

Last edited:
Do you think if it was in fact a deliberate fatal overdose, that it stemmed from the fight?
I think It would depend on the amounts found in her system if it was a deliberate overdose.
Wasn't Nex suspended along with the girls ?

It was reported that she and her mom were headed to an appointment, where we may never know.

benadryl has a sedative effect and can impact heart rhythms

(there have also been TiK Toc challenges... we all know where those can lead IMO...do not want to cite them because the whole subject is bad news)
  • Medications that affect heart rate: Prozac can affect a person’s heart rate, and should be used with caution when combined with other medications that affect the heart rate. This includes some antipsychotics, antihistamines, heart medications, and antibiotics.

No info on the brand of and amount meds found in her system, both are common prescriptions and also OTC antihistamines.

Maybe the autopsy report will be made public?

'The summary report released by Oklahoma's chief medical examiner on Wednesday found antidepressants and antihistamines in Benedict's system in addition to blood about the nose and mouth'.

Wouldn't blood about the nose and mouth be an indication of trauma?

The local police have been insisting death wasn't the result of the beating.

Hopefully, the federal civil rights investigation will uncover the truth.

JMO

Would that mean taking a massive dosage of both would be unlikely to lead to suicide? I'm not arguing! I see you are a doctor and I have no idea about meds.

Whatever happened exactly, I also believe those girls should be charged. MOO
I’m sure the fight led to many bad things for Nex including suspension. But on the body cam, Nex admits they didn’t know the girls and started the physical part of the confrontation by throwing water. No, I do not believe that kids in high school should retaliate or solve their differences by fighting, but they are immature and fights happen regularly in high school.

I do not believe the fighting girls deserve any blame for what later happened unless the family, school or police can show a pattern of bullying behavior from those specific girls.

It is tragic that Nex did not feel they had enough reasons to continue living, due to inadequate mental health support or a lack of safe school environment. But the girls who fought Nex cannot be held responsible for this death. There is not always someone we can blame for tragedy.

IMO, I have watched the body cam, but my opinions are based on memory when I first saw it a week ago

I’m sure the fight led to many bad things for Nex including suspension. But on the body cam, Nex admits they didn’t know the girls and started the physical part of the confrontation by throwing water. No, I do not believe that kids in high school should retaliate or solve their differences by fighting, but they are immature and fights happen regularly in high school.

I do not believe the fighting girls deserve any blame for what later happened unless the family, school or police can show a pattern of bullying behavior from those specific girls.

It is tragic that Nex did not feel they had enough reasons to continue living, due to inadequate mental health support or a lack of safe school environment. But the girls who fought Nex cannot be held responsible for this death. There is not always someone we can blame for tragedy.

IMO, I have watched the body cam, but my opinions are based on memory when I first saw it a week ago
BBM. I'm not sure anyone other than the school resource officer considers splashing water at someone to be a physical assault. Only Nex needed treatment at a hospital ER.

The protests from other students and parents have made it abundantly clear that bullying was pretty common in that public school district, and nothing is being done about it.

JMO

LGBTQ students and others who face bullying due to their identities feel like when they report the bullying to the school, they either aren’t believed or nothing really changes.

Parents and protesters disrupted the meeting, demanding to know what the board planned to do about what they call a bullying problem in the district.

Protesters angry at Owasso Public Schools’ handling of Benedict’s death disrupted its March school board meeting several times Monday night.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
endoplazmikretikulum95
Back