Resolved OK - Oklahoma City, Skeletal Remains found Scattered in Field near Bridge, Sept'17 - Name withheld

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It looks to me like someone ran that tattoo image through a bunch of crappy photo filters to make it 'less graphic' or something. And the result is an image that's muuuuuuch harder to discern.

Has anyone seen this done before?

It looks to me like someone ran that tattoo image through a bunch of crappy photo filters to make it 'less graphic' or something. And the result is an image that's muuuuuuch harder to discern.

Has anyone seen this done before?
It could have been run through filters to clarify the design but I've only rarely seen less graphic as a motivation. Could be, though. A tattoo image from restored mummified skin is hard to see at best. They might have made it black and white to sharpen it.

I can make out the skull but not the crossbones.

ETA: I take it back. I expected the bones to be white/light like the skull, but they're black.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Namus case recently updated, maybe to add ruleouts I only notice one additional piece of information (in red) that wasn't in the post upthread when the Namus file first appeared.

www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/17054?nav

Female
30-60 years old
Unknown race
Postmortem interval: Months; Probable year of death: 2017
Near complete or complete skeleton
Inventory of remains - head not recovered
Hair color: Unknown or completely bald
Clothing on body: Shirt, pants, shoes
Tattoo: Picture of tattoo included in images at Namus

No, not odd. Patches of skin often mummify and can be recovered by a variety of means that rehydrate the skin or lift the ink. Yes, it looks partial to me; the part that's white looks like whatever material they used for recovery.

I guess it's possible that the material had deteriorated to the point where they couldn't tell exactly what the item of clothing had been. I dropped a cotton t-shirt in my yard last June and by the time I found it in September, it was just shreds. Looked like an animal might have taken part of it for a nest and the rest had faded to pale. You couldn't even tell what color it had been, though the neck band was still identifiable.

The whole file reads like a stub entry. Hopefully they'll fill in more later as they get more and better information.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

The part that stands out to me is most remains recovered but no head.. While this area overgrown it is fairly flat and doesn't seem like an easy place to lose a head completely

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aebuser
Back