OK OK - Peggy McGuire, 28, Eufaula, 16 Nov 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hate to agree, SeriouslySearching, but I do. I think we have lost her. SMH.

Any other alternatives would, IMO, probably be almost as bad as death. So many possibilities blaze through my mind.

Oh, I hope she's safe and sound, but if she were, she'd be home with her sweet son. This is just maddening.

So am I correct in saying they could tell by the surveillance video it was a man that parked the truck.They must have a better one than we saw to say that.IMO this was foul play and someone she knew well.I fear for the worst for dear Peggy.

Unless LE has something and they are watching and waiting, I'm thinking this one is going to very difficult to solve. Peggy's truck was parked several miles from her home. I believe it was a rainy night, too, which leads me to believe whoever did it didn't plan on walking far or otherwise they would have been seen by others that morning. A witness nearby saw someone walking and then jump off the road when they thought they were seen. That would just seem to stick out in SOMEONE'S memory if they were driving somewhere that morning and saw a person walking the roads in the rain. If nothing else if they told LE it would help LE put together a possible path/timeline that the driver of her truck took walking back. In fact, someone seeing a wet walker might have even offered the person a ride.

Unless LE has something and they are watching and waiting, I'm thinking this one is going to very difficult to solve. Peggy's truck was parked several miles from her home. I believe it was a rainy night, too, which leads me to believe whoever did it didn't plan on walking far or otherwise they would have been seen by others that morning. A witness nearby saw someone walking and then jump off the road when they thought they were seen. That would just seem to stick out in SOMEONE'S memory if they were driving somewhere that morning and saw a person walking the roads in the rain. If nothing else if they told LE it would help LE put together a possible path/timeline that the driver of her truck took walking back. In fact, someone seeing a wet walker might have even offered the person a ride.
But why move her car, unless it was at her home, and someone was attempting to put her in a different location?

So am I correct in saying they could tell by the surveillance video it was a man that parked the truck.They must have a better one than we saw to say that.IMO this was foul play and someone she knew well.I fear for the worst for dear Peggy.

As I stated earlier, that video reminds me of the videos from the Jennifer Kesse case where someone parked her car in another apartment complex only a few hours after Jennifer disappeared. (But no amount of enhancement helped in that case, even with NASA getting involved.)

I tend to think it is a man in this case, but you're right in that it is hard to tell from the video.

A woman leaving for work about the same time saw a man walking down the road in the rain and he ducked into some brush. I would say they are using this plus maybe they have figured out the height of the person by now and maybe some male happens to fit the bill.

A woman leaving for work about the same time saw a man walking down the road in the rain and he ducked into some brush. I would say they are using this plus maybe they have figured out the height of the person by now and maybe some male happens to fit the bill.

I remember that. I'm surprised no one else saw someone walking around that time or for the next hour on the roads. According to Weather Underground history (I had to use McAlester as Eufala didn't show) it was 63 degrees at 5:42 AM, but with 14 mph wind and gusts over 25 mph. If you are moving, i.e. walking or running, in that weather you are not likely to be a victim of hyperthermia and can walk for miles. But unless it was a jogger that would seem odd to be out in that weather. If one or two others saw something that morning maybe LE can at least narrow it down by possibly having a sighting a certain distance in a certain direction from the bar. Unless they lived nearby.

I don't understand the significance of leaving her truck at the bar. Did they not know her well enough to know she didn't drink? Is the bar so far off the main roads and thoroughfares that it would only be known to those nearby like within, say, 5 mile radius? I still wonder about patients at where she worked as possible suspects.

Unless LE has something and they are watching and waiting, I'm thinking this one is going to very difficult to solve.

I don't think this case is going to be hard to solve per say, but definitely hard to prove, charge, and convict.

Just checking for news and see there is none. LE needs to give an update!

I remember that. I'm surprised no one else saw someone walking around that time or for the next hour on the roads. According to Weather Underground history (I had to use McAlester as Eufala didn't show) it was 63 degrees at 5:42 AM, but with 14 mph wind and gusts over 25 mph. If you are moving, i.e. walking or running, in that weather you are not likely to be a victim of hyperthermia and can walk for miles. But unless it was a jogger that would seem odd to be out in that weather. If one or two others saw something that morning maybe LE can at least narrow it down by possibly having a sighting a certain distance in a certain direction from the bar. Unless they lived nearby.

I don't understand the significance of leaving her truck at the bar. Did they not know her well enough to know she didn't drink? Is the bar so far off the main roads and thoroughfares that it would only be known to those nearby like within, say, 5 mile radius? I still wonder about patients at where she worked as possible suspects.
The bar isn't that far from her home and it is on the same side of any major highway. My speculation would be that the perp wanted to make it appear she left the truck and went off with someone she met there (either at the bar or as a rendezvous spot). It would have worked, imo. LE may not have looked as carefully at the truck because nothing would have seemed out of place if they didn't see the video. It gave them the heads up someone was trying to pull a fast one on them and they now know she was not with her truck (major red flag). She didn't have to be drinking at the bar or anywhere else for this ruse to have worked so even if the perp did know it wouldn't have mattered.

It was a driving rain and I don't know of anyone willingly going out in it to run or walk around. You can see in the video how hard it was raining and for the woman to spot the man was something of a miracle. The area is not well populated and is rather rural, I think. Very unlikely for someone to be out at that time of morning in that kind of weather, imo.

The bar isn't that far from her home and it is on the same side of any major highway. My speculation would be that the perp wanted to make it appear she left the truck and went off with someone she met there (either at the bar or as a rendezvous spot). It would have worked, imo. LE may not have looked as carefully at the truck because nothing would have seemed out of place if they didn't see the video. It gave them the heads up someone was trying to pull a fast one on them and they now know she was not with her truck (major red flag). She didn't have to be drinking at the bar or anywhere else for this ruse to have worked so even if the perp did know it wouldn't have mattered.

It was a driving rain and I don't know of anyone willingly going out in it to run or walk around. You can see in the video how hard it was raining and for the woman to spot the man was something of a miracle. The area is not well populated and is rather rural, I think. Very unlikely for someone to be out at that time of morning in that kind of weather, imo.

There is a map a photobucket page that shows Peggy's home near Stidham OK and T&J's off Hwy 9. Using Google maps the shortest distance - using the roads - is 14 miles. That's not far by car, but a long ways on foot in a thunderstorm. Assuming the map is correct. But I agree with the speculation about the truck.

The photobucket page, again assuming this is accurate:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/cr...gy McGuire - OK/Area--Map.jpg.html?sort=6&o=6

There is a map a photobucket page that shows Peggy's home near Stidham OK and T&J's off Hwy 9. Using Google maps the shortest distance - using the roads - is 14 miles. That's not far by car, but a long ways on foot in a thunderstorm. Assuming the map is correct. But I agree with the speculation about the truck.

The photobucket page, again assuming this is accurate:
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/cr...gy McGuire - OK/Area--Map.jpg.html?sort=6&o=6
I was mistaken about the distance. Yes, it would have been too far to walk it that night
if someone had gone to her house. However, there are other ways to get around on those backroads which could easily load out of a truck if needed or another vehicle could have been left earlier.

I was mistaken about the distance. Yes, it would have been too far to walk it that night
if someone had gone to her house. However, there are other ways to get around on those backroads which could easily load out of a truck if needed or another vehicle could have been left earlier.

Which makes me wonder if LE used dogs to try to track the driver's route from Peggy's truck. I can't help but see a similarity with the Jennifer Kesse case. She disappeared from her condo and her car was dropped at an apartment complex about a mile away. Surveillance video was not good enough to do anything but show it wasn't her that dropped it off. LE used dogs and they tracked back to her condo parking lot and the route the driver took was through some empty lots.

In this case the dogs might just track to where another vehicle was parked, but you wouldn't know unless you tried.

I checked Google to see if there were any updates in the last week. Or ANYTHING. Nada. Nothing. I would have thought LE would have done more with the area around the truck. Dogs. Ask the public if they saw anyone walking in the early hours of that morning in the rain. Nothing. Somebody - other than the guilty party - has to know something that may at least provide another piece of the puzzle.

IMO, the lack of news, the lack of anything, shows that LE knows who they are looking at for Peggy's murder. It will just be a matter of time. Maybe a lot of time, depending on how well he covered his tracks.

With OSBI included in the search/case, there is no question of whether the Sheriff's office did enough. They need something to prove what happened. Until then, there will be no arrest.

Here is the link to the Peggy McGuire Case Archive.
There is a small (hopefully resolved soon) glitch in the site which doesn't allow me to organize.
The pictures and articles on the last few pages are the newest news, but out of order.

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/crankycrankerson/library/Peggy McGuire - OK?sort=6&page=1

IMO, the lack of news, the lack of anything, shows that LE knows who they are looking at for Peggy's murder. It will just be a matter of time. Maybe a lot of time, depending on how well he covered his tracks.

No remains have been found so if this is indeed a foul play case, I'd say he covered his tracks pretty well. No body murder cases take a lot of time and resources and many go unsolved.

I think we need to give it time before we start considering it to be a futile search. I think Peggy will be found, but it will be when they get it together and get the search teams in place to make it happen. LE have been dragging their feet with volunteer searches and they need to embrace them instead.

New info in the article I posted below.I couldn't get the link to copy to this post.the title of article is misleading imo, because this is definitely a few steps closer to solving this and bringing Peggy home.prayers for her family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CAC6968
Back