OK OK - Sharon Marshall, 20, multiple aliases, OKC, 1990 - ID'd as Suzanne Sevakis - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The name I found on ancestry.com is several letters different but very similar. Her first name is one of her alias first names. The birth and death dates are a bit off also. Died in Michigan?

No, that isn't the one. She's listed as Suzanne, but her middle name and last name have had a single letter in each changed.

I am stunned. Of all the cold cases I've read about, this is the one I thought would NEVER be resolved.

at lest her family now knows what happpened to her but it makes me wonder why her mom did not pressure le back then or continue to search for her or she did but got dead ends everywhere she went for help. floyd being sick as he is i wonder what he did to the brother did he place him in a foster home did he kill him. floyd thought he was in control all this time well hahaha he is no longer in control of who sharon was.

i only wish he would tell us the rest of his secrets like where is suzanes brother that he also kidnapped and where and what did he do to Michael.

Per the blog it seems that he has said he killed Michael...probably as described in the book. FBI is inclined to believe him. But as for where the body is....

Per the blog it seems that he has said he killed Michael...probably as described in the book. FBI is inclined to believe him. But as for where the body is....

It occurred to me that perhaps his MO is DUCT TAPING victims ?

Have there been any more victims[ was Cheryl duct taped as well as roped up?]

He may have a trail of victims male and female
from everywhere he has been ?
It seems in all cases of serial killers they do have a typical tell tale Mo.
They are happy fooling everyone in doing so.

As he has said be it truth or a lie, if he did murder Michael surely he used the tape.
Also he may have given the brother of Suzanne away to some underground baby broker [ the child may to this day not have birth records and may still be alive ?
At least with the history of his giving children to agencies.
Speaking of that...
why in all this time did someone who accepted the children from FDF at the agency he left the two other[ do not know gender?]
Why in all this time didn't someone who was working there do something? Someone surely saw his story someplace after he was arrested for Cheryl's death?

Wondering why FDF would take the baby boy? Of course we all here are thinking normal logic, he on the other hand thought sadistically.

About Michael.
HE said he killed the poor boy.
Michael is hidden well into some woods. Like he thought he had done with the Principal [ why he did not kill him? Glad he didn't but in the killing mode seems weird.]

Very convinced FDF took Michael into some forest along the way to where he was heading and ended up.
I doubt he was kind enough to bury the boy respectfully :(

The Doe Network has now updated 8UFOK Suzanne's case.

I can't speak for the mother. I don't know what she did or how hard she tried, but keep in mind that Floyd immediately left the state and started using aliases. He and Suzanne took the last name Davis and went on the run. There was no internet back then, no way for a woman of little means to track them down. Unmarried, just released from prison with two other children (who were girls, btw, someone up-thread mentioned they didn't know the gender) and no help from the police-- I'm sure she did what she could. I can only assume that she didn't know the kind of man Floyd was, or she wouldn't have been with him the first place. She probably convinced herself that he was just raising the two younger children as his own. Whether out of ignorance or to preserve her sanity, it's not for me to judge.

I can't speak for the mother. I don't know what she did or how hard she tried, but keep in mind that Floyd immediately left the state and started using aliases. He and Suzanne took the last name Davis and went on the run. There was no internet back then, no way for a woman of little means to track them down. Unmarried, just released from prison with two other children (who were girls, btw, someone up-thread mentioned they didn't know the gender) and no help from the police-- I'm sure she did what she could. I can only assume that she didn't know the kind of man Floyd was, or she wouldn't have been with him the first place. She probably convinced herself that he was just raising the two younger children as his own. Whether out of ignorance or to preserve her sanity, it's not for me to judge.

If I may, she went to jail, not prison. She did a 30 day sentence. Jail and prison are not the same thing. I agree with the rest of your post. There just wasn't the means to follow up on missing persons cases then. I have to say, it infuriates me that the police would not take a missing persons report in this case. I can't help but wonder what the laws were that gave a step parent rights over a biological parent. IMO, women and children were still treated like second class citizens at the time Suzanne was kidnapped.

If anyone out there is familiar with it, I'd be interested in reading about the legal and cultural mindset of NC at the time regarding child custody issues. From everything I've read, the courts for a long time gave custody to the mother far more often than the father and that this only began to change in the 90s. Is that incorrect?

the town she was from was probably some town deep in nc a small town where law enforcement didnt want to be bothered with nonsense it was the 70s the town was probably one where your personal business stayed inside the house everyone kept to themselves if things came out you were considered the outcast of the group kinda of thing if you get what i mean?

cop probably said hes the step father its ok he did not kidnap them he will come back theres nothing i can do kind of thing

I still don't know what to say.

I thought that I would feel happy when 'Sharon' got her name back, but I just feel sad. Sad that Suzanne had to go through everything she did and sad that she never got reunited with her family.

Suzanne's family has probably spent the last fortyish years hoping that Suzanne and her little brother were out there somewhere, safe and well. Instead they find out that the man who took them was a murderer and a paedophile, who did god only knows what with that little boy and then put Suzanne through a lifetime of hell.

Floyd, instead of being stripped of the 'power' of having this secret, now has the power to not tell us what he did with Suzanne's brother.

I am glad that she has the dignity of having her name back and I am glad that her daughter will be able to connect with her birth mother's family, but other than that, there is precious little to be pleased about.

Its just all so depressing and sad.

I don't know who did it, but the Franklin Delano Floyd WIKI page has the name updated.

WOW. It's so sad that all the coverage was missed by those who knew the family for years to prolong her family's suffering. It does seem the mystery is only deeper now.

How do these developments usually get publicized? I have no clue, but it seems weird to me that Matt would be the first to report such big news and not the police? And supposedly wrong information. I understand the need for privacy, but why give a name at all...if it's not the right one?

I guess her family never saw the Unsolved Mysteries episode?? Strange.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So will there be any charges be brought forth then or has it been too long for anything? It would be great to be a fly on the wall when Floyd is informed that Sharon's secret is no more. The news is very bittersweet.

I know! This story has been publicized in so many ways over the years - articles, books, web pages, crime shows, etc. They just must not have been the type of people that are interested in such things, or it was too painful, or whatever. Still kind of hard for me to understand how it took this long.

from the wiki page Suzanne is of lithuanian decent or she could be of polish decent

This is not truly resolved until Michael's fate along with the yet unnamed baby brother of Suzanne are both resolved. Suppose a new page or pages should be spun up.

This is not truly resolved until Michael's fate along with the yet unnamed baby brother of Suzanne are both resolved. Suppose a new page or pages should be spun up.
Michael's fate has been given per the blog. It was also already known in the book but he has finally said Michael is dead. Where the body is is anyone's guess right now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back