OK OK - Stephen “Steve” Lee Murphy, last seen in Claremore sometime in 1976, not reported missing until July 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm also hoping you aren't giving up completely, but it's understandable to take a break. You brought it up publicly, so now there are people who will keep Stephen in mind, looking for you.
Agreed. There will always be a thread here for Stephen until there is a resolution. Those of us who follow this thread care deeply about you, @Snoangel26 , and your search for Stephen.

We have become your "extended" family @Snoangel26 .
The lack of interest from other family members has been discouraging for you, I sure
But as @iamshadow21 has stated...Stephen will be here with us always.
Those of us who do a lot with genealogy, and follow Othram 's work with missing and unidentified people , never give up.
When I did my DNA with Ancestry, I had no idea I would find a half-sibling!
I've been trying to track down this person for over 8 years, with no success.
p.s. NOT a huge surprise (knowing my father as I did), but still a surprise.
Hope you come back
.even if just to say hi.

Last edited:
It's been awhile since I read the whole thread, but I'm sure you gave DNA to LE and maybe his remains might turn up one day and match, or get entered in, if he's one of those cases where his DNA was not taken because it was before that was commonplace. Other than that, sometimes new information comes to light with time or events, and sometimes it's the next generation that might have the chance to find out more.

It's been awhile since I read the whole thread, but I'm sure you gave DNA to LE and maybe his remains might turn up one day and match, or get entered in, if he's one of those cases where his DNA was not taken because it was before that was commonplace. Other than that, sometimes new information comes to light with time or events, and sometimes it's the next generation that might have the chance to find out more.
3 dna tests and I submitted it LE as well. Maybe he will turn up. I appreciate you all

I fully understand your decision and I respect it @Snoangel26
Something like this is discouraging and tiresome when you feel as though you've reached a dead end. This thread will still be here for you if you decide to go further in a few years. Who knows maybe technology will have changed some of the roadblocks you've encountered. I'm so proud of you and I am thankful to found your search the first day. God speed
Thank you so much.

Well I asked Stephen's sister to send me pictures of him again. This time I informed her that all I want is pictures of him and I would not speak to her again since she doesn't want a relationship with me. She sent me pictures, this is one of themView attachment 522395

Do you think sheau ever come around to understand your needs and wants?
Even a sliver of hope.??
Where does she live?
Are you even close geographically

She lives in Oklahoma. 10 hour drive. I don't think she will. She wants to control everything
Sometimes people do get a change of heart. Even controlling ones
But not worth energy on your part.
Does she have kids? Wonder if she has discussed this with any younger relatives.
Cousins have rights and hearts. Sometimes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abi
Back