OK - Terence Crutcher, 40, fatally shot by Tulsa PD officer, 16 Sept 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Projecting our own prejudices and biases onto the family is really unfair. They're grieving.

Sometimes we need to take a break from blaming the victim so we go after his family. Isn't that how it always goes?

JMO

Snipped for focus.

Then why didn't the family simply express sadness and disappointment that TC was using again? If they had to express anything at all in public about his drug use. They knew. They knew quite a while ago that PCP had been found in the car. And because of the presence of the drugs in the car, and his history, it was overwhelmingly likely TC was going to be positive for at least one drug, the PCP, at autopsy-- and he ended up being positive for TWO hallucinogens. So this was no big surprise to them, IMO.

We don't know how much was in "the vial", but any PCP in the car for a man with a history of long term use and convictions for trafficking is not just "bad" or "unfortunate"-- it is CRIMINAL, and incriminating, and meant that he would have been facing felony charges and prison AGAIN. And depending on how much was in the "vial", the charges could have been for more than possession-- intent to distribute.

So, I can't interpret their comment as simply "we're sad he was using again". The hypocrisy of their comment, IMO, literally screams "we're frustrated and annoyed that the medical examiner CAUGHT him using again, because it's not just unfortunate, but it's criminal, and we know that. And we've been through this so many times with him."

And if we want to talk about "classy" behavior-- the man is only dead a few days, and the autopsy isn't even complete, and his FAMILY is in the news fighting over which one gets to file a civil lawsuit! That's disgusting, IMO, and really unseemly behavior. And apparently TC and the common law wife BOTH lost custody of their children, which got splashed into the media with their hurry to see who could file lawsuits first to get money. So much for protecting the privacy of the kids. So no, I don't think this family has behaved in a "classy" or respectable way at all. This is their PUBLIC behavior I'm criticizing. They could have simply asked for privacy, and stayed out of the media all together, but they didn't. They even posed for pictures and gave press conferences, so they are fair game for criticism.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/terence-crutcher-parents-widow-fight-estate-article-1.2807189

It is interesting that different people can view the same set of events, and come to completely different conclusions. That's an example of the greatness of "diversity", right? And that's what a jury does.

The comments and interpretations I've posted are sure to be brought up by Officer Shelby's attorney team, as well. Just because she is charged, doesn't mean she is guilty. It's my opinion that the prosecutor was FAR too eager and premature to file charges. The investigation was far from complete. That may end up being a serious miscalculation, IMO, just as it was for Marilyn Mosby in Baltimore. Because it smacks of malicious prosecution for political reasons. Not a good image for a prosecutor, IMO.

To be clear, when I say his family I mean his blood family not his common-law wife who obviously has a slew of her own issues and is more than likely the reason there is a civil battle. TC's family had no choice but to take fast legal action to block the wife's initial filings IMO.

Image an alternate news
Story .
" Police let man on 79g PCP simply " drive away " man slams into family of five and kills them . Family's outraged " sue Police.

After 9 years of confinement he Had to be clean . But HE chose to get right back on very lethal drugs over his family , society and himself .

The Officers family his family and society are the Victims here , not the drug dealer .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A link would be helpful, however, we don't execute people for what *might* happen.

How much did Tulsa police spend on overtime in aftermath of Terence Crutcher killing?

The Tulsa Police Department accrued $216,000 in overtime costs across 10 days in the aftermath of the fatal shooting of Terence Crutcher, a third of which came on the Saturday when he was buried and several rallies occurred.

The expenses covered increased staffing of patrols, demonstrations, marches, Crutcher’s funeral and news conferences by the district attorney and Crutcher family during which the Incident Management Team also had a command post operating.

“I think it was extremely important for our department to respond the way we did,” Deputy Chief Eric Dalgleish said. “I think anyone can look at previous incidents across the country and the civil unrest that has followed and see the importance of transparency and established community relationships.

“It was also important for the community and those organizing the demonstrations to respond the way they did. I repeatedly heard community leaders, demonstrators and the family of Mr. Crutcher urging peaceful demonstrations.”

The Police Department totaled $216,110 for 4,584.25 hours in overtime pay from Sept. 19-28, according to the data. Overtime expenses on the most costly day were $78,350 for 1,474.75 hours, which occurred on Sept. 24 — the day of Crutcher’s funeral and at least two rallies.

Capt. Brett Bailey of the Special Operations Division said that day featured several events, as well as being the first weekend day the command post was activated.

BBM

Shelby defense says witness proves Crutcher pointed gun at someone the day before his death

They say a caller reached out to her attorney, claiming he had seen Crutcher shooting a gun up and down East 52nd Street.

Officers did find a firearm in the area. They held it for evidence. They did not take an official police report, because they say no crime happened. No one was arrested.

Now, Shelby's defense says investigators confirmed through independent witnesses that Crutcher had fired the gun, even pointing it directly at someone the night before Shelby shot and killed him.

Attorneys say they want to search the gun for DNA evidence or fingerprints.

And how is this relevant? Officer Shelby was obviously unaware of this alleged incident when she shot TC.

I don't think it's relevant at all. Was in no way related to the events that led up to her shooting him.

Damn it! AGAIN. 😡 When will LE be held accountable the same way the rest of us are?!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

The right verdict, IMO. But no celebration here.

Officer Shelby WAS held accountable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TommieHouston
Back