OK - Tommy Wolf, 9, murdered, mom injured, Nichols Hills, 16 Nov 2009 *Insanity*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not the police. I think his wife told him "put your hands behind your *advertiser censored** back" because she was calling 911. If it were the police, why would wife be calling 911. I hear him saying "Mary, he is the devil." To which she responds "he is not the devil."
Presumably he is referring to his son as the "devil."
Then the wife tells 911, "my son is dead."
I hear 911 operator saying "your son is down?"
To which wife again says "my son is dead."
If it is some sort of mental illness, I am surprised it took so long to manifest itself, because usually that sort of thing manifests itself in late teens, early twenties. His friend is quoted saying as to how wonderful he was, so the friend obviously didn't notice anything amiss.

Schizophrenia can also manifest later in life - somtimes in middle age or old age.
It is also, earlier on, sometimes mistaken for another disorder on the spectrum or another form of mental illness.
His repeated hospitalizations for severe depression are a fact - however it is possible that his depression was actually one of the "episodes" on the typical course of shizophrenia that deepen and worsen the disease.

The malpractice claims against the physician have speculative interest related to his mental illness. They could possibly indicate reduced functioning that harmed patients; if not, the fear,stress and shame of a claim (even if settled) against him might have exacerbated an underlying condition.

Note the letters in his medical board file. Mental illness is sometimes concealed or minimized as well as possible by sufferers to protect a career and the means of earning a living, or to protect anyone from interfering in delusional plans, or to prevent interventions in child custody, or simply to avoid shame.

He may have been getting worse and actively tried to hide it: perhaps his own wife was trying to help him cope with it, enabling the family to keep going. She may never have seen him like that before, but it's possible she ignored signs of danger or minimized them.

If they were forcing him to see a psychiatrist, then he WAS having personal problems, despite what his BFF's are saying.

Some people are very good at hiding things.

wfgodot, I just want to thank you for all the updated articles, etc.

News9's account of info gleaned from arrest affidavit:
Police Affidavit Reveals Details in Doctor Accused of Murdering Son

Vividly detailed:
"Dr. Wolf was repeatedly saying, 'He's got the devil in him and you know it.'"

http://www.news9.com/Global/story.asp?S=11522167

the description of what LE saw when they got there -- :shocked2:

OMG -- that poor mother!!! this is soooo much worse than what'd I'd even imagined!!

I wonder if the 'anger' issues are related to his mental illness -- ITA w/ others that at this point he seems to have some kind of mental illness, over & above depression...maybe he was drinking to try to numb whatever his illness was bringing on.

IDK what else to say right now -- just kinda numb after reading the affadavit details. :(

As bad as the true stories in the world can get, I have to say it's this one that I think I'm going to have to leave off reading. :(

News9's account of info gleaned from arrest affidavit:
Police Affidavit Reveals Details in Doctor Accused of Murdering Son

Vividly detailed:
"Dr. Wolf was repeatedly saying, 'He's got the devil in him and you know it.'"

Shocking and heartbreaking details.

Explains how Wolf got the abrasion on his left temple--the first arriving officer had to kick him in the head to get him away from one of the murder weapons.

I'm not a mental health expert, but it certainly sounds like a psychotic break to me.

not trying to be snarky - I'm really sincere asking this because I'd never thought of it before:

Why is it that so often "the devil" is involved in psychotic breaks & mental illness? Why the devil??

Why not marshmallows or pink elephants, IYKWIM??

Why does something terrible have to happen???

The letter he wrote to the medical board about his 1996 hospitalization mentioned him returning to work with an adjusted medication regimen. This little remark pinged an idea - suppose he has had another "adjustment" in the recent past.

It may have nothing to do with the Dr, but there are a few medications, Wellbutrin XL in particular, that insurers have been refusing to cover because of available generics formulations entering the market. They are not identical, and one in particular, budeprion, uses a completely different release technology and has been associated with widespread reports of adverse events. I wonder if the doctor has had any recent changes to the formulations of his medication regimen.

not trying to be snarky - I'm really sincere asking this because I'd never thought of it before:

Why is it that so often "the devil" is involved in psychotic breaks & mental illness? Why the devil??

I don't know, but the devil and/or aliens are almost universally involved in psychotic episodes. When my sister was in a mental ward for a while, there were signs in the visiting rooms forbidding discussions of the devil or aliens.

In Western tradition, the dichotomies of good and evil, of God and the devil, represent our primal hopes and our primal fears. Mental illness exacerbates fear.

KOCO:
Nichols Hills Murder Scene Detailed

"A neighbor told police that Wolf -- a doctor of internal medicine -- was under review at a local hospital for 'anger issues' and that he was supposed to go to a rehabilitation facility 'for the anger plus drug and alcohol abuse.'"

http://www.koco.com/news/21640831/detail.html

Who are these collegues who say he had no problems? If this is true, then some knew of his problems.

(snip)
The Wolfs' next door neighbor, Douglas Woodson, told officers Dr. Wolf had been going through trouble with his job and was under review with his hospital for anger issues. Woodson also stated, according to the affidavit, that Dr. Wolf was supposed to be attending rehab for anger and alcohol abuse.

who are these collegues who say he had no problems? If this is true, then some knew of his problems.

http://www.news9.com/global/story.asp?s=11522167

(snip)
the wolfs' next door neighbor, douglas woodson, told officers dr. Wolf had been going through trouble with his job and was under review with his hospital for anger issues. Woodson also stated, according to the affidavit, that dr. Wolf was supposed to be attending rehab for anger and alcohol abuse.

wow!!

I'm pretty sure that none of us will be able to answer that but I , for one, find it a VERY INTERESTING question

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GowBuj
Back