Found Deceased OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #6 *Arrests*

They planned to throw an anvil through Butler’s windshield while she was driving, reasoning that it would look like an accident, as anvils regularly fall off work vehicles, the witness added.
I keep thinking about this, I know the anvil part of it sounds like a Road Runner cartoon but I have a feeling they got the idea from this incident. They probably figured, if someone else can do it, they can too. Without much thought into how exactly they would make it happen...

Edited to fix that it wasn't accidental, but someone really did throw the rock that killed her.

I keep thinking about this, I know the anvil part of it sounds like a Road Runner cartoon but I have a feeling they got the idea from this incident. They probably figured, if someone else can do it, they can too. Without much thought into how exactly they would make it happen...

Edited to fix that it wasn't accidental, but someone really did throw the rock that killed her.
Yes in CO there was just a case where some teen boys threw rocks through a windshield and killed the driver. An anvil in my head is a lot harder to throw than a good sized rock. So why an anvil?? Plus an anvil or even the size rock the boys used is not going to accidentally fly into a windshield. It's just interesting their thought process with the anvil. Was drug use involved with the anvil plot????

Yes in CO there was just a case where some teen boys threw rocks through a windshield and killed the driver. An anvil in my head is a lot harder to throw than a good sized rock. So why an anvil?? Plus an anvil or even the size rock the boys used is not going to accidentally fly into a windshield. It's just interesting their thought process with the anvil. Was drug use involved with the anvil plot????
My guess is they would have blocked the road in a similar fashion and throw it off from a much larger vehicle or even an underpass or bridge over a roadway. Of course this wouldn't work nor would it be even a thought for most because it's so illogical. Imo, these were killers that were inexperienced and ill prepared for the murders, they left a brutal scene of evidence at Veronica's car when they ambushed them, lured Veronica and Jilian with the thought they would celebrate one of the kid's birthdays so of course when Veronica, Jilian and the others didn't show up for the party Veronica's family and friends immediately started looking for them worried, the killers thought prepaid phones were not traceable and one suspect confided the entire plan to her teenage daughter. It's much more difficult and not as fast as people think to get triangulation of cellular networks from cellular companies (GPS as well, release of imei, etc) but with the interview with C.W., the video of Tifany purchasing the prepaid phones, and a few other things the FBI could fast track it to build this case. It was such excellent police and detective work and I wish every case had the opportunity to see this so quickly and early in the investigation but it makes me so angry that two innocent mothers have been taken away by such vile stupidity. Imo.

My guess is they would have blocked the road in a similar fashion and throw it off from a much larger vehicle or even an underpass or bridge over a roadway. Of course this wouldn't work nor would it be even a thought for most because it's so illogical. Imo, these were killers that were inexperienced and ill prepared for the murders, they left a brutal scene of evidence at Veronica's car when they ambushed them, lured Veronica and Jilian with the thought they would celebrate one of the kid's birthdays so of course when Veronica, Jilian and the others didn't show up for the party Veronica's family and friends immediately started looking for them worried, the killers thought prepaid phones were not traceable and one suspect confided the entire plan to her teenage daughter. It's much more difficult and not as fast as people think to get triangulation of cellular networks from cellular companies (GPS as well, release of imei, etc) but with the interview with C.W., the video of Tifany purchasing the prepaid phones, and a few other things the FBI could fast track it to build this case. It was such excellent police and detective work and I wish every case had the opportunity to see this so quickly and early in the investigation but it makes me so angry that two innocent mothers have been taken away by such vile stupidity. Imo.
IIRC The same daughter is the one who gave up the plan with the anvil. I believe she stated they were going to throw the anvil while VB was driving to make it look like it fell off the back of a truck. At least that's what I remember reading, however I could be wrong.

IIRC The same daughter is the one who gave up the plan with the anvil. I believe she stated they were going to throw the anvil while VB was driving to make it look like it fell off the back of a truck. At least that's what I remember reading, however I could be wrong.

From Adams Affidavit . ...

"The plan was to throw an anvil through Butler's windshield while driving, making it look like an accident because anvils regularly fall off work vehicles."

From Adams Affidavit . ...

"The plan was to throw an anvil through Butler's windshield while driving, making it look like an accident because anvils regularly fall off work vehicles."

Ridiculous, I have to wonder if alcohol or drugs was a part of these meetings?

The majority of incidents of objects going through windshields involve semis, greater in height than the typical work vehicle. Therefore a object falling off one would also go flying through the air. So for the anvil, one or more persons would have to ride in the box of the work vehicle, prepared to heave ho the anvil, depending on its size, sending it skyrocketing at just the right time, all the while attracting no attention. The target driver of the vehicle would have to be following very closely, totally oblivious to what was about to occur. Otherwise the odds are that the anvil would bounce down the road. Of was it intended to be tied with ropes or chains, the free end threaded through a window to people in the cab to let go of at the opportune moment? No guarantee the anvil wouldn’t remain stationary.

A stupid plan. Too bad the planned attack on VB’s (and JK) wasn’t just as fool hardy. It would’ve just taken other traffic, one or more other vehicles travelling down hwy 95 at the same time, to force the assassins to cancel their plans that day. Or additional time for Cora’s daughter to overhear more of the plotting, giving her opportunity to report the groups diabolical intentions to police. Sadly, either might’ve changed the course of events but it didn’t happen that way. JMO

Last edited:
Ridiculous, I have to wonder if alcohol or drugs was a part of these meetings?

The majority of incidents of objects going through windshields involve semis, greater in height than the typical work vehicle. Therefore a object falling off one would also go flying through the air. So for the anvil, one or more persons would have to ride in the box of the work vehicle, prepared to heave ho the anvil, depending on its size, sending it skyrocketing at just the right time, all the while attracting no attention. The target driver of the vehicle would have to be following very closely, totally oblivious to what was about to occur. Otherwise the odds are that the anvil would bounce down the road.

You probably hit the nail on the anvil...oops....nail on the head !

That some type of mental impairment must have been at play for a group of people to actually think anvils are falling off of work trucks every day.

I am just trying to figure out how one would arrive at the anvil plan to begin with? There are so many other options, how does one end up at that one? Their next plan wasn't much better. It accomplished what they wanted, but it was still a flag waving we did it look at us. I mean they did everything in the "don't do this" list starting with actually committing murder.
I really almost feel like every one of their planning sessions must have started with "here, hold my beer". JMO

Just a suggestion: The whole anvil routine gains some credibility if you consider it dangling from a truck mounted jib crane on a rope. A person in the bed of the truck could start the anvil swinging at windshield level. The approach gets a little better if the truck is driven toward the target with the jib mounted to the passenger side of the truck bed. Start with the boom pointed forward; hit the brakes as you approach the car; jib boom and anvil swing toward the rear of the truck in an arc intruding into the adjacent lane. Release the anvil just after it hits the windshield.

Even with that: I'm not sure you would cause grievous injury to a driver and I would think you would want to practice it once or twice to determine just how destructive and reliable it would be. A lot of factors involved.

...I have a feeling they got the idea from this incident. They probably figured, if someone else can do it, they can too...
I live in a big city and county. There's been plenty of incidents, usually kids, using the overpasses around here to throw things off. If you're driving on a freeway, that thought scares me very much. Usually if things fly off a truck, it's smaller lighter stuff, not anvils.

There's not much control in their plan, and it could hurt anyone, not just an intended target. This one harmed a pregnant woman and the suspect charged with attempted murder.

This is an example only.
Officers said the vehicle was driving southbound on I-5 when the occupants saw someone on the overpass above throw a large football-sized rock at them. The rock went through the vehicle's windshield and struck a pregnant passenger sitting in the front seat.
...Plus an anvil or even the size rock the boys used is not going to accidentally fly into a windshield...

The anvil plan was ridiculous. I thought your comment made such solid common sense. Anvils don't just fluttered around in the wind. It would take such exact planning, location, timing, & aim to have it fall through the windshield to harm a specific target. It might cause an accident and harm other people. Where would this take place? MOO, I question the intelligence level of these five people. It really seems there wasn't a smart one in the bunch. That's all folks.

Just a suggestion: The whole anvil routine gains some credibility if you consider it dangling from a truck mounted jib crane on a rope. A person in the bed of the truck could start the anvil swinging at windshield level. The approach gets a little better if the truck is driven toward the target with the jib mounted to the passenger side of the truck bed. Start with the boom pointed forward; hit the brakes as you approach the car; jib boom and anvil swing toward the rear of the truck in an arc intruding into the adjacent lane. Release the anvil just after it hits the windshield.

Even with that: I'm not sure you would cause grievous injury to a driver and I would think you would want to practice it once or twice to determine just how destructive and reliable it would be. A lot of factors involved.
Practice rounds, who elects to be the crash test dummy in those haha.

Calendar events for Paul Grice​

DateTimeDescription
04/24/2024WARRANT ISSUED-CF/MURDER - Completed: 04/29/2024, Code: X
05/01/20249:30amINITIAL APPEARANCE - Completed: 05/01/2024, Code: X
05/15/20249:00amSTATUS HEARING

OKLAHOMA

INITIAL APPEARANCE
If you are charged with a crime, this will be the first time you go before a judge. You will be advised of the charges filed against you, and a bond will be set, which you must arrange to pay before you may be released from jail.

STATUS HEARING
Generally, these hearings are a time for your lawyer and the prosecutor to discuss your case. The prosecutor may make a plea bargain offer, which you and your lawyer will discuss. If you decide to accept the offer, you would waive or give up your right to a trial and set your case for a date for you to plead guilty. If you do not accept the plea offer, you will have your case set for a preliminary hearing.

PRELIMINARY HEARING
If you are charged with a felony, you have a right to a preliminary hearing. A preliminary hearing is a court hearing where witnesses testify, and the judge decides whether there is enough evidence against you to order you to have a trial. If the judge thinks there is enough evidence to believe a crime was committed and enough evidence to believe you committed the crime (probable cause), the judge will “bind you over” for trial.
Looking at this again and we have to wait until the 15th for the status hearing and then wait some more until the prelims, which I do believe will take place since Tad is busy trying to conduct business deals from his jail cell. I hope this all doesn't take forever, like with Vallow and Daybell because I lose interest and don't follow up. I've completely missed Daybell's trail and I would assume it's been pretty interesting. I have a feeling that Oklahoma may move a lot faster than some other states. That guy they recently executed was only convicted two years ago.

Question: Does anyone recall hearing an interview with someone who knew Tifany and said Tifany didn't like it when someone new moved into town? I swear I heard that but it's kind of fuzzy, like I heard it on the radio while just half listening.

Looking at this again and we have to wait until the 15th for the status hearing and then wait some more until the prelims, which I do believe will take place since Tad is busy trying to conduct business deals from his jail cell. I hope this all doesn't take forever, like with Vallow and Daybell because I lose interest and don't follow up. I've completely missed Daybell's trail and I would assume it's been pretty interesting. I have a feeling that Oklahoma may move a lot faster than some other states. That guy they recently executed was only convicted two years ago.
Uhh, we pound through them pretty regularly in Oklahoma, but the last man executed (Michael Dewayne Smith) was for a 2003 conviction. The one prior to that was a 2001 conviction. Prior to that 1996.

VERONICA BUTLER CELEBRATION OF LIFE​

Don’t have time to watch tonight but curious to know if Veronica's children and their father were at the celebration of life? Actually might be that they were kept protected from livestream camera and we can’t tell.

I just imagine having to explain to those young children about their mother’s death, the service, etc.

Last edited:
I'm going to go way off the deep end here...
Several times, I've watched that interview with the rancher who has known Cole Twombly nearly all his life. His description of Cole is revealing - if true - and I don't know why he'd lie about it.
So-
Cole Twombly had a smile/smirk on his face walking in and out of the hearing. Why is that? Why would a non-violent man, who was lured into a murderous plot be smirking when caught? Totally different look on his face than on the others' faces.
<modsnip: no link/family is off limits>
What if Cole Twombly was actually the driving force behind the murder of these two women? Not exonerating Tifany in any way, shape, or form - but I'm starting to wonder if he did a lot of encouraging of the whole idea of killing Veronica.
I kept wondering how Tifany persuaded the Twombly couple to help her murder Veronica (and Jilian) What if Cole Twombly and even his wife, Cora, were more than willing to help and needed no persuasion at all, and in fact, encouraged the murders?

Last edited by a moderator:
Several times, I've watched that interview with the rancher who has known Cole Twombly nearly all his life. His description of Cole is revealing - if true - and I don't know why he'd lie about it.
So-
Cole Twombly had a smile/smirk on his face walking in and out of the hearing. Why is that? Why would a non-violent man, who was lured into a murderous plot be smirking when caught? Totally different look on his face than on the others' faces.
<modsnip>
What if Cole Twombly was actually the driving force behind the murder of these two women? Not exonerating Tifany in any way, shape, or form - but I'm starting to wonder if he did a lot of encouraging of the whole idea of killing Veronica.
I kept wondering how Tifany persuaded the Twombly couple to help her murder Veronica (and Jilian) What if Cole Twombly and even his wife, Cora, were more than willing to help and needed no persuasion at all, and in fact, encouraged the murders?

Note what he is being asked when he smirks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240504-112035.png
    Screenshot_20240504-112035.png
    502.3 KB · Views: 57
So-
<modsnip>
Very interesting perspective

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ