Found Deceased OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #6 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Snipped by me for focus...

Perfunctory court-record wording, but a perfectly powerful reminder of how very, very sad this case is. Am I wrong to feel relieved, somehow, that there were any personal effects left to be recovered from these murdered women? I had my doubts, for sure.

Very true. Generally, it's the Coroner who returns personal effects found on the victim. I only recall reading of JK's purse and clip to her weapon, VB's vehicle and her broken eyeglasses-- recovered during the investigation. Perhaps once the Court rules on the Motion, local media will report from the actual Order.

Very true. Generally, it's the Coroner who returns personal effects found on the victim. I only recall reading of JK's purse and clip to her weapon, VB's vehicle and her broken eyeglasses-- recovered during the investigation. Perhaps once the Court rules on the Motion, local media will report from the actual Order.
They didn't mention jewelry they might have been wearing, but I'd think JK was likely wearing a wedding ring and perhaps VB had an engagement ring or something. I hope if they were wearing them that those are among the personal effects that were recovered. Their families have lost so much, they should at least have those special items to hold onto going forward. What a sad case this is.

They didn't mention jewelry they might have been wearing, but I'd think JK was likely wearing a wedding ring and perhaps VB had an engagement ring or something. I hope if they were wearing them that those are among the personal effects that were recovered. Their families have lost so much, they should at least have those special items to hold onto going forward. What a sad case this is.

The mystery for me here is that the State Prosecutor filed a Motion for the Court to Order or deny allowing return of "certain personal affects" of the deceased.

Generally, the Coroner takes possession of something like jewelry and this office has the authority to release jewelry along with the victim's body.

Actually, I can't recall a case I've followed where a Motion was filed to release personal affects before -- only when items are collected and inventoried by LE, and later determined to be of no evidentiary value to either party (i.e., such as the items I identified earlier per MSM reports).

I guess we will learn soon enough when the Court rules on the Motion.

ETA: One personal item I know to cause a hardship on families when retained for an extended period of time are vehicles impounded by LE to test for evidence. I do recall a case where the father told the Court he was still responsible for the loan/lease payments on three vehicles confiscated by LE for testing after his son was murdered. MOO

ETA-2: Now I'm really curious given the Defense has filed their opposition to allowing certain personal affects returned!

Last edited:
No. CF-2024-00072
STATE OF OKLAHOMA VS. ADAMS, TIFANY MACHEL

08/15/2024 TEXTDEFENSE'S OBJECTION TO STATE'S APPLICATION FOR ORDER ALLOWING CONSUMPTIVE TESTING OF EVIDENCE
Pursuant to 12 O.S. § 39, Document Available at Court Clerk's Office
08/15/2024 TEXTDEFENSE'S OBJECTION TO STATE'S APPLICATION FOR ORDER ALLOWING RETURN OF CERTAIN PERSONAL EFFECTS OF THE DECEASED
Pursuant to 12 O.S. § 39, Document Available at Court Clerk's Office

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back