Found Deceased OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #6 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Are there any updates on the father of the children? Is he still in rehab? I'm just curious if he will face any charges if he had any knowledge of his mother's plans. Plus, I hope he doesn't get custody in the future, and pray the children are not uprooted from their new home, school, etc. They've had enough trauma in their young lives already.

dbm

Last edited:
Agree that it's odd -- but even if he was a high-level informant of some kind, is the guy who has by his own admission and all current evidence been the hand that wielded the knife that ended one of the victim's live still be worth the the gov't's protection, etc?

I know history is littered with such cases (see Bulger, etc) but these were a young mum and a pastor's wife, not big-city criminals. The outcry would be loud and long-lasting.

But who knows? This case has already made the books for its weirdness and sheet brutality.
In my honest opinion, I don't think Grice was a government informant, but it is a strong possibility he is now and has cut a deal. There may or may not be others involved in the murder, however, may be in additional criminal or antigovernmental antics.

Are there any updates on the father of the children? Is he still in rehab? I'm just curious if he will face any charges if he had any knowledge of his mother's plans. Plus, I hope he doesn't get custody in the future, and pray the children are not uprooted from their new home, school, etc. They've had enough trauma in their young lives already.
I don't think LE is seeking any more defendants here, and WR will likely be a witness for the State. If my memory is correct, his last date of Rehab in OKC is within days, and where he's Ordered to contact the Cimarron County Court with his "compliance" papers. Then again, he may have dropped out. He's not a POI or suspect so we stop here.

Hey, all. I haven't been for a while but did see the news about the stabbings. Unbelievable that so much evil came from that tiny town. These people must have existed in a bubble to think they could get away with this.

Paul Grice was booked into Woodward County Jail yesterday. He is one crazy dude. His beliefs are off the wall crazy. I for one am glad he is going to plead guilty and forego the expense and time of a trial.
Where are you seeing that he has decided to plead guilty?

Waiving his right to a speedy trial is not the same as agreeing to forego a trial altogether.

His getting moved to another location on the other hand, might indeed be a sign that he is either likely to be cooperating, or they want the others to think that he's cooperating and this is a way to keep him safe at the same time.

Someone is likely to flip and turn on the others to save their skin, and he seems to be the one with the least history with the others, so that would make sense. Plus, I get the impression that he's a lot more scared than the others.

Someone is likely to flip and turn on the others to save their skin, and he seems to be the one with the least history with the others, so that would make sense. Plus, I get the impression that he's a lot more scared than the others.
^^rsbm

I agree. This is a DP case, PG is the youngest of the co-defendants, and has young children, and probably will do whatever he can to stay off of death row. JMO

Where are you seeing that he has decided to plead guilty?

Waiving his right to a speedy trial is not the same as agreeing to forego a trial altogether.

His getting moved to another location on the other hand, might indeed be a sign that he is either likely to be cooperating, or they want the others to think that he's cooperating and this is a way to keep him safe at the same time.

But, he was 1 of the ones that did the actual murder of one of the Moms, NO pass for him !! If he gets any kind of a pass ,then justice won't be served . They already have enough on the whole lot of these misfits that they all should get the DP !!

But, he was 1 of the ones that did the actual murder of one of the Moms, NO pass for him !! If he gets any kind of a pass ,then justice won't be served . They already have enough on the whole lot of these misfits that they all should get the DP !!

No such things as a pass, a pass is called immunity. He may get LWOP if he gets charged with the DP. Maybey 40 years with possibly of parole but no pass....

2 Cents

No such things as a pass, a pass is called immunity. He may get LWOP if he gets charged with the DP. Maybey 40 years with possibly of parole but no pass....

2 Cents
I didn't quite mean a pass from getting away from anything. What I really meant is that all of them should be equally sentenced to the DP or LWOP . A pass example to me is your last sentence (40 years with possibly of parole)

Respectfully, I believe any reference to PG and plea agreement (i.e., pass), means LWOP versus death penalty. Nothing else here would be in the interest of justice. JMO

Respectfully, I believe any reference to PG and plea agreement (i.e., pass), means LWOP versus death penalty. Nothing else here would be in the interest of justice. JMO

Yes!

The DP is mostly used as leverage. PG's family wants him alive, they have children. Let the children keep in touch with him. I hope he and TA get a plea deal of LWOP.

Maybe TA's grandkids can get some answers, her son too. Maybe 30 years from now she will apologize. DP puts the breaks on all that.

2 Cents

Yes!

The DP is mostly used as leverage. PG's family wants him alive, they have children. Let the children keep in touch with him. I hope he and TA get a plea deal of LWOP.

Maybe TA's grandkids can get some answers, her son too. Maybe 30 years from now she will apologize. DP puts the breaks on all that.

2 Cents
I love that you are still enough of an optimist that you can hold out hope that TA will ever truly show remorse and give honest answers to help anyone other than herself. I'm not enough of an optimist to believe that. I think any tears she sheds will be crocodile tears and every word she utters will be calculated to benefit her and her alone, I don't think people like her can change or be 'rehabilitated'.

That said, I would be very happy to find out you were right and I was wrong about this.

ADAMS, TIFANY MACHEL - OSCN Case Details

10/03/2024 AMENDED INFORMATION
10/03/2024 JOINT MOTION TO STRIKE HEARING
Document Available (#1083099060) TIFF PDF
10/03/2024 ORDER TO STRIKE HEARING
Document Available (#1083099212) TIFF PDF

The joint motion says the parties jointly request the court to strike the hearing set for 10/16 as no motions have been filed and nothing is set to be heard. Attorney's for Cole T, TA, and TC have received the amended charging information filed 10/3 in their respective cases.

The order says these matters remain set for hearing on Nov 20 at 9 a.m.

CULLUM, TAD BERT - OSCN Case Details
(Same entries as Tifany Adams)

TWOMBLY, COLE EARL - OSCN Case Details

TWOMBLY, CORA GAYLE - OSCN Case Details

GRICE, PAUL JEREMIAH - OSCN Case Details
No new entries since 9/19/24.

Last edited:
OCT 7, updated OCT 9, 2024

OCT 7, 2024

OCT 9, 2024

The original charges for all five suspects were:
  • Two counts of murder in the first degree – deliberate intent,
  • Two counts of kidnapping and
  • Conspiracy to commit murder in the first degree – deliberate intent.
Amended charges against Adams, Cullum and Cole Twombly were filed last week. They are no longer charged with kidnapping but instead face additional charges of:
  • Two counts of unlawful removal of a dead body — for allegedly removing both bodies from the original place of death and
  • Two counts of unlawful desecration of a human corpse — for allegedly disposing of both bodies underground.
The DA also added two counts of child neglect against TA alleging that she exposed a 6-year-old and an 8-year-old to illegal activity by making them carry ratchet straps around a farming supply store the week before the murders. Those straps were the ones wrapped around the freezer the bodies were buried in.

Last edited:
OCT 7, updated OCT 9, 2024
OCT 7, 2024
OCT 9, 2024
The DA also added two counts of child neglect against TA alleging that she exposed a 6-year-old and an 8-year-old to illegal activity by making them carry ratchet straps around a farming supply store the week before the murders. Those straps were the ones wrapped around the freezer the bodies were buried in.
sbm @PommyMommy
TYVM for the updates as the cases evolve.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back