OK wants to post abortion data online

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The current abortion issue is not whether it is right, or wrong, but whether our tax money should be used to pay for it.

I personally am against paying for someone else's abortion

with few exceptions

The whole taxes paying for abortion thing is curious to me. I have known a number of women who have had abortions and insurance NEVER paid for it. I'm completely pro-choice, but don't think it would be odd if tax money didn't cover the procedure.

My insurance paid for it because it was medically necessary, and not really my choice. I was on a managed care plan at the time...and was really amazed at how wonderful they were with coordinating everything - I was beside myself with grief and 19 years old. Had it not been medical, I would have never contacted my insurance.

Full operating room and 3 anesthesiologists because my respiration kept plummeting....they pulled me out 12 times and put me back under, they said. Pregnancy spiked horrible asthma relapse.

I never, ever would expect insurance to pay for an optional abortion....even when I thought I was pregnant when I was married (and couldn't bring a child into such a horrible relationship), I never even thought about asking my (excellent) health insurance to pay for it....never popped into my mind that it would even be covered!

My heart aches for anyone that has to go through it, but I was lucky. I wasn't awake and had a full hospital staff behind me. I can't imagine going to Planned Parenthood or something. :::shivers:::

I DO think tax dollars should pay for an abortion if the mother is in grave danger. Otherwise, no. (BTW mine was private insurance...not government)

The current abortion issue is not whether it is right, or wrong, but whether our tax money should be used to pay for it.

I personally am against paying for someone else's abortion

with few exceptions

Then you should be against this legislation as it will cost 250K to fund the mechanics and enforcement of it??

My insurance paid for it because it was medically necessary, and not really my choice. I was on a managed care plan at the time...and was really amazed at how wonderful they were with coordinating everything - I was beside myself with grief and 19 years old. Had it not been medical, I would have never contacted my insurance.

Full operating room and 3 anesthesiologists because my respiration kept plummeting....they pulled me out 12 times and put me back under, they said. Pregnancy spiked horrible asthma relapse.

I never, ever would expect insurance to pay for an optional abortion....even when I thought I was pregnant when I was married (and couldn't bring a child into such a horrible relationship), I never even thought about asking my (excellent) health insurance to pay for it....never popped into my mind that it would even be covered!

My heart aches for anyone that has to go through it, but I was lucky. I wasn't awake and had a full hospital staff behind me. I can't imagine going to Planned Parenthood or something. :::shivers:::

I DO think tax dollars should pay for an abortion if the mother is in grave danger. Otherwise, no. (BTW mine was private insurance...not government)

Thanks for sharing this, TL. I've been curious about some of the outrage regarding taxes or the Gov paying for elective abortions. I know plenty of folks who were insured when they made the choice to have an abortion and the procedure was never covered by their private insurance. That's pretty much SOP, so why would we expect the Gov to pay for it. It's a stupid "point" to get mired down in, IMHO.

In any event, that's not what this data collection crap is all about - that's just about bullying behavior because some politicians don't like the fact that a women can get an abortion without being charged with murder and thrown into jail for the rest of her life.

Can any of you excellent sleuthers find a link between Inhofe and this legislation??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
froggy4
Back