Omaha Double Murder #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out the nose, eyebrows and lips. It's a bit difficult as one is profile while the newer one is frontal. It'd be nice if anyone can locate a profile view of MB.
One thought- if he is arrested by the RCMP in connection with the fraud on the medical examinations, they will do a DNA test I'd assume. If they got any DNA from the crime scene he may be toast.

Agreed. Also, he may beunlikely to be described as olive-skinned… but it's always possible, under the right lighting.

He'd also likely be dressed wearing a jacket as described.

Check out the WOWT news posting on this and see if you notice what's missing:

http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/115072324.html

Nowhere do they give the name of the POI or say much about all the details of the case as it is being reported on the web in Canada and also in the OWH.

A very strange article - its as if they are just rehashing the old story because they know it's going to be back in the news but they dont want to be first to give details.

For a long time, I have felt so bad about this case. Today, I dare to be hopeful on a resolution.

Being a visual person & having training in art & photography, I see this man in the artist's rendering. Cut his hair & turn his head... bingo! I have added a hastily done image.

Couldn't the perception of "olive-skinned" have been enhanced by a heavy beard, unshaven face or suntan? His skintone may have been lightened in the original photo. That is a common "correction" in portrait photography.

Picture2-1.jpg

Check out the WOWT news posting on this and see if you notice what's missing:

http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/115072324.html

Nowhere do they give the name of the POI or say much about all the details of the case as it is being reported on the web in Canada and also in the OWH.

A very strange article - its as if they are just rehashing the old story because they know it's going to be back in the news but they dont want to be first to give details.

Though I don't have high standards with our local tv reporters, my guess is that since they police have explicitly said he was not a POI, they're not going to name him where it relates to this story. However, they should name him in the investigation relating to his autopsy reports.

OK, reading around about this case is making me cross-eyed. This story has now hit the news pretty good in the states. It's even on MSNBC. Anyway, it's difficult to put everything together, because the articles are a little this and a little that.

One article said the Omaha detectives RECENTLY came to interview Dr MB. Curious that after two years as the asst medical examiner, he suddenly resigns in January. Ehhhhh...............was that JUST AFTER OPD came for a little talk?

One article said they didn't know where he received his residency and another said he received it at Nebraska. But................we KNOW that's not true as he left Nebraska after a month to go to Omaha, which he left BEFORE he got his residency, after 2 years and IIRC 5 months.......:waitasec:

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/C...uble+slaying+investigation/4206015/story.html
The Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services said Tuesday Belenky began a residency at the University of Nebraska Medical Center in 2005 before moving to Creighton University’s medical school in Omaha a month later.

Oh, but wait! Here's an article that contradicts what's in the last paragraph!....

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=cp_EG206.xml&show_article=1
Belenky, who is still listed as an active member of the Alberta College of Physicians and Surgeons, attended the Gigienceskij Med Institute in Leningrad, Russia. He graduated in 1990 and completed his medical residency at the University of Nebraska Medical Center in anatomic and clinical pathology.

Several of the articles say he received his doctor's degree from Russia. Really? Did he?

Another article said they do NOT KNOW WHERE HE IS?:eek:

Well, just some things to think about.

JMHO
fran

PS.....he may NOT be connected to this case, other than he was a former student of the Doctors, but I think Canada has a problem. I think they just opened the proverbial can of worms! :maddening:

OK, reading around about this case is making me cross-eyed. This story has now hit the news pretty good in the states. It's even on MSNBC. Anyway, it's difficult to put everything together, because the articles are a little this and a little that.

One article said the Omaha detectives RECENTLY came to interview Dr MB. Curious that after two years as the asst medical examiner, he suddenly resigns in January. Ehhhhh...............was that JUST AFTER OPD came for a little talk?

One article said they didn't know where he received his residency and another said he received it at Omaha. But................we KNOW that's not true as he left BEFORE he got his residency, after 2 years and IIRC 5 months. Not only did he not complete his residency in Omaha, he left after only a month of his residency in Nebraska......:waitasec:

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/C...uble+slaying+investigation/4206015/story.html
The Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services said Tuesday Belenky began a residency at the University of Nebraska Medical Center in 2005 before moving to Creighton University’s medical school in Omaha a month later.

Oh, but wait! Here's an article that contradicts what's in the last paragraph!....

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=cp_EG206.xml&show_article=1
Belenky, who is still listed as an active member of the Alberta College of Physicians and Surgeons, attended the Gigienceskij Med Institute in Leningrad, Russia. He graduated in 1990 and completed his medical residency at the University of Nebraska Medical Center in anatomic and clinical pathology.

Several of the articles say he received his doctor's degree from Russia. Really? Did he?

Another article said they do NOT KNOW WHERE HE IS?:eek:

Well, just some things to think about.

JMHO
fran

PS.....he may NOT be connected to this case, other than he was a former student of the Doctors, but I think Canada has a problem. I think they just opened the proverbial can of worms! :maddening:

Agreed. Cross-eyed, be I.

I am thinking maybe he transferred out of CU to a school in PA before aquiring his position with the MEO in Pittsburgh. Just speculation though, considering he changed his concentration from clinical pathology to forensic pathology.

MOO

wm

First of all, the articles say he graduated from medical school in Russia in 1990. Ehhhhh...............what did he do in between 1990 and 2005?

He's been in Canada for two years, that would be '08.

He left his residency at Creighton in '07. He received some kind of a fellowship? or something like that. 'in his news discipline? in PA. I don't believe that would give him time do do-over his residency IF he had to begin again.

I don't know if you can carry over your time spent at a residency at another school?

Does anyone know?

LOL, is there a doctor in the house? :)

fran

According to this article, when he was in Pittsburgh, he worked as an assistant medical examiner. So, he could not have been doing his residency.

Besides, the one article from Canada, said their records indicated he got his residency at Nebraska, when we know he was only there for one month before going to Creighton, where he stayed 2 years and 4 months (I was incorrect in previous post, not 5 mos)......and left before he completed his residency.

I don't know if you can get your residency when you're an asst. ME???

fran

http://www.omaha.com/article/20110202/NEWS97/702029911/1014
At the time of the killings, Belenky worked as assistant medical examiner in Pittsburgh

fran, You ask great questions. Yes, we need a Dr in the house to advise us of the protocol. Something seems hinky about this timeline, eh?

wm

BTW, thank you for the links.

'Another article said they do NOT KNOW WHERE HE IS?'

I believe he left the Alberta job abruptly after realizing the circle was closing on him. I wonder if he wasn't contacted by someone in the media and told of the impending stories and asked to comment. So he skipped.

I wonder if the RCMP can track him- also I fear he may have fled back to Russia.

'Another article said they do NOT KNOW WHERE HE IS?'

I believe he left the Alberta job abruptly after realizing the circle was closing on him. I wonder if he wasn't contacted by someone in the media and told of the impending stories and asked to comment. So he skipped.

I wonder if the RCMP can track him- also I fear he may have fled back to Russia.

I was wondering this too.

I was reading between the lines of Kangar saying in one of the articles that they're going to follow a lead not internationally. Perhaps he's back inside the US and they're going to go follow up with him?

Snick, I am also concerned that MB may have fled to Russia. It would be easy for him to do if he has a passport. His behavior by leaving his job in the midst of all this is certainly questionable.

fran, thank you so much for your help! I will try to compile a timeline with the links provided. It will be tomorrow before I can work on it because real life takes precedence at this time. Please feel free to jump in during the meantime and don't hesitate to contribute sleuths!

To our guests....WELCOME! Please join WS and contribute to our discussion. We have a great group here:)

wm

Link to KMTV article:

http://www.kmtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13954738

This article is of interest in that it seems to suggest detectives are currently travelling to investigate related leads.

You Know What? (Don't take this the wrong way snick as it is not directed toward you at all.)

I'll bet Shirlee would be mortified at that pic of her with her cleaning kerchief on her head. Of all pics, this one is plastered on the news. I would be ticked off if I were her.

Certainly there are more file photos which capture this pretty lady in a more favorable light. For goodness sake, have some respect.

Rant over...nothing to see here...everybody move on...Moo and all that jazz.

wm

fran, You ask great questions. Yes, we need a Dr in the house to advise us of the protocol. Something seems hinky about this timeline, eh?

wm

BTW, thank you for the links.

I am a doctor and have read this thread. I can only address the questions raised about training:

1. First of all, the articles say he graduated from medical school in Russia in 1990. Ehhhhh...............what did he do in between 1990 and 2005?
It would not be uncommon for someone coming from another country to need time before starting a residency - learning the language, getting papers in order etc.Or there may have been training in the country of origin. There can be lots of reasons.

2. I don't know if you can carry over your time spent at a residency at another school? Yes, as long as the first school is accredited, the time spent there can carry over to another program.

3. I don't know if you can get your residency when you're an asst. ME??? Assistant ME's can be residents - in that case, they may be the person who takes the initial information about a crime, but will not make any final determinations.

I guess there are still questions of whether MB was in Omaha at the time of the murders or not, but even if he was for sure in Pittsburgh, the distance makes driving possible:

1. 15 hours 16 mins
I-80 E
917 mi
2. 15 hours 53 mins
I-80 E and US-30 E
931 mi
3. 16 hours 10 mins
I-80 E, I-74 E and I-70 E
968 mi

I remember reading the old post about the Russian Guy and didn't understand it at the time. I sure hope OPD is working this aggressively. This really seems to be coming together..it seems improbable now that he is NOT involved!

Welcome to the discussion dontknow! We are happy to have new voices.

Canadian authorities are on the lookout for him: (Update from 40 minutes ago CTV)

Calgary police confirm officers on the street are keeping an eye out for Dr. Michael Belenky, the former assistant medical examiner.

Belenky is the pathologist whose autopsies are now under review by Alberta Justice for possible errors.

Police say officers were briefed about Belenky Wednesday morning and were told to alert investigators from the major crimes unit if they come across him.

"What happened today is a bit of a briefing note to field officers. Basically, the point is that given the high profile of what's happened, the allegations in Omaha, we did a security risk assessment," says Kevin Brookwell with CPS.

Brookwell is referring to a double murder investigation in Omaha, Nebraska.

Belenky once worked there, alongside Dr. William Hunter.

In 2008, Hunter's 11-year-old son, Thomas and the family housekeeper were murdered in the family's home.

Omaha police, who came to Calgary more than a year ago, acknowledge they've known about Michael Belenky throughout the investigation.

He has not been named a suspect, but it's one of the leads cold case investigators have been following.

Belenky has no warrants and is not accused of any crime.

In an interview in an Omaha newspaper, Dr. Hunter says he had a cordial relationship with Belenky, they always got along very well and he's never believed Belenky was involved in any way.

It sounds as if the Calgary PD thinks there is a good chance he is implicated in these murders and is cautioning their officers to use care with him. Full article at:

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...lenky_police_110202/20110202/?hub=CalgaryHome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine