Omaha Double Murder #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snick, YD and WM I am glad you have continued posting throughout the past few months, I have been desperately trying to find something during this time, my research has gotten me near to nowhere, I too share the same sentiment as Snick, something is terribly wrong here, this is where the prying will have to begin, if there is a cover up something will have to come undone, something will have to be exposed and we have to be ready for it.

Ryuzaki- If you would be willing to send me a personal message, I will be happy to share a few things with you that those of us researching off the board have managed to learn. Maybe put together with what you have we can make progress. You never know..

"Back to school" is in the air.... Thomas would have started high school - 9th Grade - this year.

I have commented previously about the attitude of some parts of OPD toward criticism. It does seem that the case we are discussing is a hot button issue for some of our boys in blue here in Omaha. Today I made a short comment on a local TV station blog- the topic was a recent murder of two whose bodies were found apparently dumped away from the scene of the murder. I commented about some of the unsolved murders locally and made a point of mentioning the Dundee murders.
I just checked the blog and there are a half dozen replies to my comments with the usual sarcism and ridicule that I have come to expect from the Omaha Police Union which is where I think some of these comments originated. Funny- I can make the same comment minus any reference to these murders and I dont get this reaction.
Maybe it's just me and maybe I have been at this too long for my own good, but it just seems more and more as time goes by that LE is not really on the side of those of us who want this thing solved.

"Back to school" is in the air.... Thomas would have started high school - 9th Grade - this year.

My son is three months older than Tom- he will be starting High School shortly.
This evening I got a call from him- he's out with friends and was just checking in, at first I didn't realize it was him, his voice is so deep now.
So many of us are blessed- I am sure the Hunters and the Shermans are still hurting from their loss.
At times I get to the point of wanting to just put this whole thing on a back burner. Then I remember Tom and Shirlee, two people I never knew in life but have come to care very deeply for. God bless them and their families.

My son is three months older than Tom- he will be starting High School shortly.
This evening I got a call from him- he's out with friends and was just checking in, at first I didn't realize it was him, his voice is so deep now.

I know just what you mean! It's startling! They are turning into young men right before our eyes.

How would Thomas have grown, changed? What would he be doing with his intellectual gifts? We'll never know. It makes me very sad.

At times I get to the point of wanting to just put this whole thing on a back burner. Then I remember Tom and Shirlee, two people I never knew in life but have come to care very deeply for.

Thank you for continuing to fight the good fight. Shaking the tree, ruffling feathers, rattling the cage....

you're letting OPD know that the community watches and waits for answers. Bravo!

Bumping up from page 4 in memory of Tom Hunter and Shirlee Sherman!

In order to keep discussion going I have a question for all of you?

If you could ask one question to each, OPD, The Hunter family, and the Sherman family what would it be.

Here's mine...

To OPD - Was DNA evidence from the perp found at the crime scene?

To Hunter family - What types of online video games did Tom play?

To Sheman family - Was Shirlee's home really burglarized before the murders or is this just rumor?

Hope you all are having a good Monday!

wm

Bumping up from page 4 in memory of Tom Hunter and Shirlee Sherman!

In order to keep discussion going I have a question for all of you?

If you could ask one question to each, OPD, The Hunter family, and the Sherman family what would it be.

Here's mine...

To OPD - Was DNA evidence from the perp found at the crime scene?

To Hunter family - What types of online video games did Tom play?

To Sheman family - Was Shirlee's home really burglarized before the murders or is this just rumor?

Hope you all are having a good Monday!

wm

Mine:

To OPPD- Why don't you want AMW to do a story on this case?

To Hunter family- Why haven't you been more proactive with OPD in getting them to do the above?

To Sherman family: Did any of you ever receive any expression of condolence from the Hunters and how long did Shirlee work for the family?

I probably will think of other questions but these jump into mind immediately.

Mine:

To OPPD- Why don't you want AMW to do a story on this case?

To Hunter family- Why haven't you been more proactive with OPD in getting them to do the above?

To Sherman family: Did any of you ever receive any expression of condolence from the Hunters and how long did Shirlee work for the family?

I probably will think of other questions but these jump into mind immediately.

Mine:

To OPPD: Have you determined which victim died first? This might give a clue as to who the killer was after.

Were the knives from the home?

Were any of Thomas's friends or teachers from school singled out for interrogation?

Was there more than one neighbor who claimed to have seen the dark skinned man in the neighborhood and entering the house? How many of them claim to have seen him leave?

To the Sherman Family: What were Shirlee's outside isocial nterests?
What time did Shirlee usually leave the Hunter home and did she always work on the same day of the week?

Mine:

To OPPD: Have you determined which victim died first? This might give a clue as to who the killer was after.

Were the knives from the home?

Were any of Thomas's friends or teachers from school singled out for interrogation?

Was there more than one neighbor who claimed to have seen the dark skinned man in the neighborhood and entering the house? How many of them claim to have seen him leave?

To the Sherman Family: What were Shirlee's outside isocial nterests?
What time did Shirlee usually leave the Hunter home and did she always work on the same day of the week?

To OPD:

1. Why not go to AMW?
2. Have you had any solid leads or clues since the murder?
3. Was there any DNA left at the scene?
4. What did you find on Tom's computers?
5. Was Sherman dating anyone? Married? Divorced? Widowed?
6. What was Sherman's relationship with her family?
7. What happened with the car? Was it ever recovered, traced?
8. Were anyone or Did anyone in the neighborhood have young-adult children who served in the military or had medical training?
9. Did anyone in the neighborhood have gambling debts or criminal records?

To Hunters:

1. How long did Sherman work for you?
2. Was Sherman supposed to be there on that day?
3. Was Dr. Hunter early or late home on that day?
4. Did Thomas ever have any trouble at school?
5. How often was Thomas home alone?
6. Was Thomas' computer activity monitored by his parents?
7. Were any of Thomas' teachers or friends detached around the time of the killings? Funeral?
8. Did any of your colleagues avoid you following the murders?
9. Have any of the other boys been involved with the law?
10. Did Thomas ever ask for or try to steal money or anything of value?
11. Was anything stolen from the home? Even if its monetary value was not established? Computer equipment?

To Shermans:

1. Who did Shirlee live with?
2. Was she dating / married to anyone?
3. Did she use computers often? The internet?
4. Was she having any money problems? Was anyone in the family?
5. How many families did Shirlee clean for?
6. How did she get introduced to the Hunters?

One additional question for OPD:

Have you ever determined whether the knives used in the murders were taken from the kitchen in the home or brought in by the perp?

It is suggestive to me that OPD has been silent on this subject. This may be a subject deliberately left unpubicized.

I've always felt like the knives were broght in by the killer since no mention was ever made of the victims being tied up.

I've always felt like the knives were broght in by the killer since no mention was ever made of the victims being tied up.

This makes total sense to me. Also, I wonder if there was anything found at the scene like a calling card. This was mentioned before with the knives.

This makes total sense to me. Also, I wonder if there was anything found at the scene like a calling card. This was mentioned before with the knives.

The killer left a calling card? I never saw anything about that. Do you have a link?

I'm struck by how much the so-called Flint serial killer, Elias Abuelazam, who has just been arrested after randomly stabbing people in at least three states, look like the sketch of the possible Hunter-Sherman suspect.

I wonder if he can be tied to Nebraska at all. I just read that one point he worked at a hospital in Leesburg, VA, so there's a background in hospital/medical field.

I also recall that Hunter-Sherman witnesses said the suspect's SUV didn't have a front license plate. Flint serial killer witnesses also commented on how suspect's SUV lacked front plate --- Michigan doesn't require front plate. Does Nebraska?

This guy was very violent and clearly very mobile. Definitely worth OPD looking into...

images.jpg
moz-screenshot.png

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 39793.48APTOPIX-Serial-Stabbings.sff.jpg
    39793.48APTOPIX-Serial-Stabbings.sff.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 20
I'm struck by how much the so-called Flint serial killer, Elias Abuelazam, who has just been arrested after randomly stabbing people in at least three states, look like the sketch of the possible Hunter-Sherman suspect.

I wonder if he can be tied to Nebraska at all. I just read that one point he worked at a hospital in Leesburg, VA, so there's a background in hospital/medical field.

I also recall that Hunter-Sherman witnesses said the suspect's SUV didn't have a front license plate. Flint serial killer witnesses also commented on how suspect's SUV lacked front plate --- Michigan doesn't require front plate. Does Nebraska?

This guy was very violent and clearly very mobile. Definitely worth OPD looking into...

images.jpg
moz-screenshot.png

That's an interesting thought, but didn't he target black men?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time