Omaha double murder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It could mean either way. They couldn't have been dead for very long and he might have tried CPR, or he knew they were beyond hope and he didn't touch anything. It could go either way and still be "clinical mode".

It could mean either way. They couldn't have been dead for very long and he might have tried CPR, or he knew they were beyond hope and he didn't touch anything. It could go either way and still be "clinical mode".

A veteran doctor giving CPR to a victim with stab wounds to the neck? especially one-two hours after the attack?(He got home around 6, murders supposedly happened around 330-4) I doubt it.

If he is a pathologist, he deals with death constantly and knows how to identify causes of death etc... Im sure clinical mode means, he didnt break down emotionally and compromise anything, he just called 911.

"Clinical mode" means he went into analyze mode. I mean come on, the man is an Anatomic Pathologist, and within that broad field, he has expertise in forensics. He's seen it all. His job multiple time per day, day in and day out, is to objectively analyze clinical and historical information to come up with a diagnosis. At first his natural reaction must be to objectively analyze.

Well I'm not sure how long the murders had taken place before the father came home, it could have been close in time. I know if I walked into my home and found my son murdered I would at least check for pulses and possibly try CPR if he looked at all viable.
In my opinion if there was a possiblity that my loved one could be saved as opposed to preserving a crime scene, I would go for the save. (I am a trauma/critical care nurse.)

A veteran doctor giving CPR to a victim with stab wounds to the neck? especially one-two hours after the attack?(He got home around 6, murders supposedly happened around 330-4) I doubt it.

If he is a pathologist, he deals with death constantly and knows how to identify causes of death etc... Im sure clinical mode means, he didnt break down emotionally and compromise anything, he just called 911.

You are speaking in current tense Moonlighter, the Dr. at that point in time did not know when the murders occurred or how long either of them had been deceased. He probably knew his son got off the bus at a certain time and obviously knew what time he discovered them, that coupled with visual observations of the wounds, amount of blood lost, etc. ... he made a judgement call based on his medical expertise and as a pathologist, he would realize the importance of forensic evidence. The investigators were lucky he had the presence of mind to remain "clinical", evidence was preserved. All that being said, those were not strangers or folks who died at a hospital lying on the floor, one of them was his beloved son. Not so strange for some to find it odd that he was able to remain so detached. In some cases being emotionally detached indicates some type of involvement or knowledge in the crime. I am NOT saying that is true in this case, merely pointing out why some would perceive it differently.

OK beginning at square one, the scene of the crime. Let's begin at the center and work our way out.

The murders occured at the Hunter Home.

The Hunter's young son, Tom, was brutally murdered sometime after arriving home from school that afternoon.

The Hunter's housekeeper, Shirlee Sherman was also murdered.

Mrs. Dr. Hunter was away at a convention in Hawaii at the time of the murders. (Was the housekeeper working on her scheduled day when the murders occured?)

Mr. Dr. Hunter found the bodies upon returning home from work. Ms Sherman's body by the stairs with her cleaning supplies next to her. Tom's body was in the dining room. His video game system in the basement is set to pause.

Dr. Hunter dialed 911. he stated in a news article that upon finding the bodies he went into 'clinical mode'. What does this mean? I know he's a pathologist but that statement seems 'detached' froma a father who just found his son murdered, MOO!

and

Let me state that I have been hesitant about commenting on the statement in above post 494 about the Russian male.

My reasoning is due to reseach I've done indicating that the Russian Mafia is present and active in Omaha. They are revered as a ruthless bunch who WILL come after you if necessary for the perpetuation of their goals and preservation of their brotherhood. The movie 'Eastern Promises' comes to mind.

It concerns me that Ryuzaki has not posted since his multiple posts on 4-15. I truly hope he is ok. If we choose to enter this discussion please let us be vigilant about looking out for one another. If someone drops off the thread suddenly, we should check on them, especially if they are from Omaha.

For safety's sake, keep your family informed on the cases you are working on here. Also, have a trusted internet buddy on the forum who is aware of your activities. We never know who is lurking or when we may sleuth a clue that could solve the case and make someone 'nervous'.

Phew, I feel better now that I've gotten that off my chest.;)

and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snick1946
Some of the newer viewers may not be aware that this case was analyzed by the forensic astrology team here on WS- that forum is apparently cleaned out on a regular basis but you can access all the posts by going to this link:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sea...1&pp=25&page=2

Click on the post title and you can read even tho its not showing on the board. Start at the bottom and work your way up.

For some reason the link was not working so I'll add this one to the Forensic Astrology- Case Briefings thread where this case is discussed.

Ok so let's move on with WM's idea to work our way outwards;

• We know the bodies were discovered at around 6:45 PM and have an approximate TOD of 3:30-4:30 PM.
  • We know COD and that knives were the weapon used.
  • We know neighbors saw a car, seemingly unfamilar with the neighborhood and appearing to look for an address stop in front of the residence. A man in a black coat carrying a satchel or briefcase walked up to the front door and was let into the house.
  • We know LE do not consider this to be a random crime and that SS was most likely not the targeted victim. The murderer appeared to know what time TH would be home from school and most likely thought he would be home alone.
Please continue adding to the above or correct anything I have misstated.
Possible motives come next.

All of this talk about cool heads gives me hope that maybe the crime scene was in fact handled correctly and that all evidence that was able to be obtained was procured in the appropriate manner? I certainly hope it was.

Knox- about all I'd change is the time the bodies were discovered. I think it was an hour earlier. Dr. Hunter arrived home a bit after 5:30 from what I understand. Not a major discrepency.

~ respectfully snipped~ Tuba's latest post on this case from the forensic Astrology forum.......

There are always factors and figures outside of the event, which is closed in time and space. A woman we don't know about could be one of them. As far as people shown in the chart, there are the housekeeper, Thomas, the killer with satchel, the warped mastermind who is off-scene but controlling the action. The first named, victims, did not contribute to their awful demise, wittingly or unwittingly except by being present and admitting the killer to the home. They both appear as adverse to the plot and the killer. They definitely did not help it along even by some past action.

Mercury is a planet of interest in these murders. There has been no mention of binding the victims (which would be Mercury). They seem to have simply been stabbed and sliced in place. But Mercury is in the House of death & homicide and he or she played a part in this. Further, he or she is involved because conjoined to the dispositor of the killer and who gave the orders, the director. We know Mercury is desperate--he is at the end of his roller. 28°30' Aquarius is out of patience, out of ideas, out of resources but it is this individual who may have provided information, deliberately, to the Boss Man and the killer, which helped the plot. Possibly it was information about the neighborhood and the very street and house description since Mercury rules House 3. We've talked about this Mercury before and how its solstice point in Scorpio was trine Mars and sextile Pluto and A-Okay with what was about to go down.

Could someone have watched Thomas get on the bus, trailed the bus to see where he lived and then paid a visit to the house? Far-fetched, but who knows? He could have had a stalker after him.

You know the thing that kills me about this whole thing is that it happened to Dr. Hunter. He is just the greatest, smartest, coolest, most interesting guy I've ever met. He's helped out so many people over his lifetime and he's been a staunch advocate for so many.

In my mind the person who did this had a vendetta against Dr. Hunter. I don't have any factual basis for saying that it's just a feeling I have. Why? God only knows.

What kind of vendetta do you think it could have been Po Boy? An unpaid gambling debt, a pass over for promotion, keeping someone from becoming a doctor? It would have to be something pretty horrible I would think to take the lives of 2 innocent people.
I have trouble with the lack of press this case has gotten from the very beginning. It's as if someone in Omaha wants it swept under the rug.

YellowDog ... Any idea who the broom(s) may be and why?

What kind of vendetta do you think it could have been Po Boy? An unpaid gambling debt, a pass over for promotion, keeping someone from becoming a doctor? It would have to be something pretty horrible I would think to take the lives of 2 innocent people.
I have trouble with the lack of press this case has gotten from the very beginning. It's as if someone in Omaha wants it swept under the rug.

This just might offend someone, it is not intended to but in a case like this we have to consider all possibilities.
Creighton is run by the Jesuits. My understanding is that they can be a pretty secretive bunch, especially where scandal affecting the church is involved. One idea I have had is that if there is any connection to Creighton, someone there may be operating under the philosophy that it is better to not cooperate with LE to avoid scandal. If that seems farfetched go back and reread some of the details of the sex scandals the church has been facing and how they reacted.
That sort of reasoning boggles my mind. But maybe not theirs. Just a thought.

This just might offend someone, it is not intended to but in a case like this we have to consider all possibilities.
Creighton is run by the Jesuits. My understanding is that they can be a pretty secretive bunch, especially where scandal affecting the church is involved. One idea I have had is that if there is any connection to Creighton, someone there may be operating under the philosophy that it is better to not cooperate with LE to avoid scandal. If that seems farfetched go back and reread some of the details of the sex scandals the church has been facing and how they reacted.
That sort of reasoning boggles my mind. But maybe not theirs. Just a thought.

Not meant to offend anyone, Snick. I'm just brainstorming in my own head about what possibly could have caused these horrible murders and why so little information has been forthcoming. I mean a double homicide in broad daylight in a prominent neighborhood with reports of someone seeing a man enter and leave the house and no arrests after 16 months is almost unbelievable. Seems like such senseless killings but underneath it all, there simply has to be a reason.

Very well put YellowDog, I agree it is unbelievable!! What also has me mystified is that the family's have not been more vocal about the lack of progress in this case. If it's because as some have said ... LE is requesting them to be silent to preserve the investigation. Sixteen months later I would be demanding a different stradegy, cause this one isn't producing.

I, also, wonder if any scrutiny has been placed on any of the close neighbors? Could the boy have angered one of the neighbors by something he did like a childish prank?

Yellow Dog, exactly. I mean how does this happen in a busy, upscale neighborhood to a Man known to be expert at solving complex problems and no-one knows anything?!?!? As Snick said in his first post, "something is very wrong here."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro