One Tree Hill Connection

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On March 18 the the 100th episode aired on network TV.

On March 19 the following searches occurred on the Anthony's home computer:

19-Mar
10:30:08 Search one tree hill
10:39:15 Search one tree hill
10:40:53 Search one tree hill 100th episode
10:41:23 Search one tree hill 100th episode (Review results 11 to 20)

There were a couple things I was able to figure out from the above.

• The search at 10:41:23 occurs when Casey clicks on the "Next" button on the Google search results page, returning results 11 through 20. This is the only time in the searches released by LE on November 26 that Casey looks at anything but the first ten results returned by Google.

• Casey's Google search preferences are set to return the default of ten hits per page. Mine are set to 100 hits per page, so I notice these things.
From the above two, I conclude Casey was not searching very hard when researching chloroform, how to make chloroform, neck breaking, shovel, etc.
  • Casey's searches at 10:30 and 10:39 for the same search phrase tells me she was distracted after the first search and came back to restart the search.
Casey spends one minute 38 second on the second One Tree Hill search before searching for the 100th episode. She spends 30 seconds on the first page of results that are returned (3 seconds per result) and goes to the second page. If her searches were as fruitful as mine just were, she did not find a satisfying synopsis of the episode.

IMO, Casey may have watched the episode and it may have inspired her Zanni story, but the searches themselves don't provide much support for that. This is the same conclusion I came to with the other searches that I posted on several days ago.

However, we have not seen what, if any, websites she visited other than google. Those are the real evidence.

i understand what you're saying here but i very, rarely search past the first page myself (i only use google) and i have my default to 10 as well..i usually find what i'm looking for on the first page so no need to search further. this could be the case with casey as well.

I wonder if there's any way for LE to tell if Casey printed out the directions on how to make chloroform or any of these searches.

when were the chloroform searches? this could have set the ball rolling... Caylee was getting in the way, and she saw this- and THEN searched for missing children, ways to kill people, etc.

Or, however, a more innocent explanation- I have ADHD, and if I look something up on the internet, a LOT of times I'll get distracted or super-involved and it will lead like dominos one thing to another, and often ends up someplace disturbing that I'd never have started with-

For example, I was looking up a Church by my home which led to looking at their childrens programs, then to their day care (which talked about storing breast milk), which led to looking up breast feeding, to lactation, to men's lactation (???? apparently its possible), to animals where males raise the young, back to birth, to natural at home births (I saw a video of a baby born into a pool at home), to celibacy, to monestaries, to the sisters of carmel convent...

...what? yeah, that's what I said too. one thing just leads to another- if anyone saw my google history they'd think i was crazy.

ANYWAY, Merry Christmas all!

when were the chloroform searches? this could have set the ball rolling... Caylee was getting in the way, and she saw this- and THEN searched for missing children, ways to kill people, etc.

Or, however, a more innocent explanation- I have ADHD, and if I look something up on the internet, a LOT of times I'll get distracted or super-involved and it will lead like dominos one thing to another, and often ends up someplace disturbing that I'd never have started with-

For example, I was looking up a Church by my home which led to looking at their childrens programs, then to their day care (which talked about storing breast milk), which led to looking up breast feeding, to lactation, to men's lactation (???? apparently its possible), to animals where males raise the young, back to birth, to natural at home births (I saw a video of a baby born into a pool at home), to celibacy, to monestaries, to the sisters of carmel convent...

...what? yeah, that's what I said too. one thing just leads to another- if anyone saw my google history they'd think i was crazy.

If I may say...you're surfing the internet...that's what we all do...that's why it is called surfing.

You may have ADHD, but IMO that has not so much to do with your search habits as the pure delight and structure of the WEB...it is a WEB after all...
that's what it is, that's what it does.

We all have the mouse ... to click or not to click...that is the question

If I may say...you're surfing the internet...that's what we all do...that's why it is called surfing.

You may have ADHD, but IMO that has not so much to do with your search habits as the pure delight and structure of the WEB...it is a WEB after all...
that's what it is, that's what it does.

We all have the mouse ... to click or not to click...that is the question
How many of us here look up all kinds of odd and gruesome information? DNA forensics, autopsy, poisons, chloroform, etc...How many of us are in prison because our daughter was missing and is now found dead? It's the connection between the searches and the potential crime that makes what she was surfing relevant.

MOO

How many of us here look up all kinds of odd and gruesome information? DNA forensics, autopsy, poisons, chloroform, etc...How many of us are in prison because our daughter was missing and is now found dead? It's the connection between the searches and the potential crime that makes what she was surfing relevant.

MOO

so true...
sometimes i go on missing kids sites. just to see (who knows!) if i've seen anyone on there...innocent intention...nothing wrong with it....but my daughter is here with me, safe....

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does this...my computer history probably looks very similar to yours. Too funny!

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, don't have time to read through the thread right now. We know that Casey searched for "One Tree Hill Hundred" in between searches for "household weapons." etc. Those of you who have been sleuthing this also know that this episode involves a nanny who kidnaps a young child.

There is a further proof that Casey may have used the One Tree Hill episode as her template for Zanny.
In this episode,Nanny Carrie kidnaps Jamie and attempts to dye his hair black to disguise the child.
From Casey's police interview--emphasis mine: "Caylee has very distinctive features EVEN IF HER HAIR WAS CUT OR CHANGED."

The only way to change hair, other than to cut it, is to dye it. Yet Casey avoids using the word.
Mention of Caylee's hair being changed in this way indicates that the One Tree Hill episode was likely the nanny template. Too much of a coincidence, JMO.

i understand what you're saying here but i very, rarely search past the first page myself (i only use google) and i have my default to 10 as well..i usually find what i'm looking for on the first page so no need to search further. this could be the case with casey as well.

Right, which is why I think it is important to see how much time she spends on a search page (30 seconds is not much), and it would be great to see the links she followed. LE has that, but it has not been released. A lot of assumptions can be read into why it they have not been released.

can someone show where she searched for it in the docs?

Somebody searched four times on March 19th for this show.

caylee_anthony-0269-WebSearch-Pt08P.jpg

The search for "One Tree Hill Episode" can also be linked to the "lost numbers" search. In Casey's police interview, she explains how/why she lost Zenaida's number-emphasis mine:

Q. But they're not in your Sim card?
10. A. They're not saved on the Sim card they're saved on the phone. I've been trying
11. to figure it out...on that new phone how to save numbers from the phone to the Sim card and switch them back and forth. So, that way I have everything all in one piece.
14. Q.
Okay, so the phone where you have the number saved was lost?
15. A. Yes. I filed an incident report.

IMO, this is further evidence that Casey had begun plotting the kidnapping story back in March.

I am a big fan of One Tree Hill - I've watched every episode and have bought Seasons 1-5 on DVD. It is actually very well written. My husband (age 61) is also hooked on the show - which is weird because it starts out with a bunch of spoiled teenagers (so why would I enjoy the show?!?)

This show is very popular among early 20 year olds. I got hooked on it because of my daughters - ages 21 and 22.

Haley (the mother of the child who is kidnapped by the Nanny) gets pregnant at age 18. She marries the father and keeps the child (a boy named Jamie). They both go to college. She becomes a teacher, and he is a professional basketball player - so they need a Nanny. I'm sure KC dreamed of having a life similar to this young family.

I'm pretty sure that this is where KC got the idea of the Nanny kidnapping. I'm sure she watched the show - as it is so popular.

For those of you who want to know what happens to the Nanny in the end - she agains lures Jamie (the child) to her house by holding the grandfather hostage due to his illness. But the grandfather manages to get out of bondage and kills the Nanny.

Dec. 25 11:03 central time. HLN is doing a bit on One Tree Hill Casey connection,
"What investigators are saying about it".

Not sure how soon this will be coming up, but HLN loops their news so it's probably going to be on several times today.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, don't have time to read through the thread right now. We know that Casey searched for "One Tree Hill Hundred" in between searches for "household weapons." etc. Those of you who have been sleuthing this also know that this episode involves a nanny who kidnaps a young child.

There is a further proof that Casey may have used the One Tree Hill episode as her template for Zanny.
In this episode,Nanny Carrie kidnaps Jamie and attempts to dye his hair black to disguise the child.
From Casey's police interview--emphasis mine: "Caylee has very distinctive features EVEN IF HER HAIR WAS CUT."

Mention of Caylee's hair being changed in some way indicates that the episode was likely the nanny template. Too much of a coincidence, JMO.

You know, I never thought about that. She did say that in the interview. Why? I think she looked up the episode to get detailed information from it. Maybe she caught only half the show and it intrigued her and she wanted more information on that particular episode.

Also listed among the searches that ACandyRose so graciously posted:

3/12/008 a search was made for: "colonial+ high+ school"

Colonial High School's Alumni pages are arranged in alphabetical order.

Under "F"
Zeniada F class of 2004
Samantha F class of 2003

Under "G"
zeniada G class of 2003

IMO, Casey may have combined the two Zenaidas to come up with Zenaida F. G. who has a sister named Samantha.

Also listed among the searches that ACandyRose so graciously posted:

3/12/008 a search was made for: "colonial+ high+ school"

Colonial High School's Alumni pages are arranged in alphabetical order. (now available only as cached pages)

Under "F"
Zeniada F class of 2004
Samantha F class of 2003

Under "G"
zeniada class of 2003

IMO, Casey may have combined the two Zenaidas to come up with Zenaida F. G. who has a sister named Samantha.

Way to go, Indigo!

Okay, so if this theory is correct (let's run with it for the moment), then in Mid-March, BEFORE the One Tree Hill episode airs, she searches this. Also in mid March are the other searches, self-defense, shovel, neck-breaking, etc.

What do we know about the events of March? If she began fantasizing about these things in March, what was the catalyst??

Also, some of us have noted before the similarities of Casey and Diane Downs...I wonder if she was searching self defense because she was originally going to make it look like she and Caylee were mugged or carjacked or something, and she wanted to be able to adequately fake defensive wounds to pretend she "fought off" the attacker....

From Casey's police interview--emphasis mine: "Caylee has very distinctive features EVEN IF HER HAIR WAS CUT OR CHANGED."

The only way to change hair, other than to cut it, is to dye it. Yet Casey avoids using the word.
Mention of Caylee's hair being changed in this way indicates that the One Tree Hill episode was likely the nanny template. Too much of a coincidence, JMO.
It was also mentioned that workers at Disney are taught about missing children and this was part of that training to understand that clothing and/or hair could be changed quickly in a public restroom. So while it does seem to be an interesting twist that she researched that particular show...it doesn't neccessarily make it too much of a coincidence since she learned of it other ways, too.

Way to go, Indigo!

Okay, so if this theory is correct (let's run with it for the moment), then in Mid-March, BEFORE the One Tree Hill episode airs, she searches this. Also in mid March are the other searches, self-defense, shovel, neck-breaking, etc.

What do we know about the events of March? If she began fantasizing about these things in March, what was the catalyst??

Also, some of us have noted before the similarities of Casey and Diane Downs...I wonder if she was searching self defense because she was originally going to make it look like she and Caylee were mugged or carjacked or something, and she wanted to be able to adequately fake defensive wounds to pretend she "fought off" the attacker....

Hi Irish Eyes :) I think your theory is very plausible. The way Casey abandoned her car at Amscot(purse on seat, carseat and doll in back seat) had all the earmarks--but no takers. What was the tipping point ? Great question. We can see by early March, Casey was becoming more secretive about her Myspace page. On March 6 there are two searches: "hide + myspace" and "hide+blog" Both of these searches turn up results for codes which make selected parts of a myspace page invisible to the general public. What was going on there?

I'll do some more research and see what I can come up with on the triggers. There has to be a reason Casey settled on the One Tree Hill scenario, though. Perhaps it's because everything happened inside the Anthony home, evidence from inside would preclude a total stranger. Enter Zanny with a Key. JMO

MOO
The times I've done those kind of searches it was because of following something here so posts here are usually about the same time as any of those searches. The problem Casey has is at the time those searches were made, her mom was at work, leaving only her or her dad to have done them ~ and Caylee ends up dead 3 months later, with chloroform being present in the car trunk and a story that her nanny took Caylee. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clm79