Online Predators

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How many parents monitor your child's internet activity?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dex,

All the reasons you have stated about negative dealings with LE are more reasons for you to go into this field. We need more like you to deal with CyberCrime.

Don't let a few bad LE get in your way. As in any new science, the learning curve is steep and many officers will take time to adjust to this. It was the same with DNA in the 80s. Some LE didn't believe in it because it was new.

StareGirl said:
If you read how PeeJ works you will realize this is not what they do, they hand the info to the hands of LE, often because LE has requested that PeeJ does so at first contact.

:clap: (Another PeeJ'r here, in the HS area ;) )

Feel free to visit my site about online safety, lots of links and information:
http://devoted.to/kids

SandyBee said:
:clap: (Another PeeJ'r here, in the HS area ;) )

Feel free to visit my site about online safety, lots of links and information:
http://devoted.to/kids
sign29.gif
Great site! I do follow-up. I am horrible at HS myself.

How about that 59th conviction? We are racking them up this month!

Some nice work they do - I've been very impressed with PJ while watching the Dateline stings. And these pedophiles are so driven, that even knowing who is watching, they'll keep approaching children and trying to set up a meeting.

I love PJ - they do it right, legally, so these people can be prosecuted and put in jail.

Dex, I thought of you today. I was reading in one of my computer industry magazines that cybercrimes is the one division that is being highly recruited. I wish there was a link but it is hard copy only.

Good luck!

LOL thats funny, cuz I about fell over today, I actually got a response from someone at BCI&I that works in the cyber crimes unit. I was so excited I almost cried lol. I just signed up for my AASCJ today, another year of drooling work lol. Atleast I can now say Dex <name substituted for obvious reasons>, CCST :)

Dex said:
LOL thats funny, cuz I about fell over today, I actually got a response from someone at BCI&I that works in the cyber crimes unit. I was so excited I almost cried lol. I just signed up for my AASCJ today, another year of drooling work lol. Atleast I can now say Dex <name substituted for obvious reasons>, CCST :)
That's great news!

Keep us updated now.:)

Wooohooo got another email back from the HTCIA! :dance: >does a lil dance<

Writing a new report for school on "Protecting Children Online". I thought I might include my thesis and the three topics Im going to cover. Instead of looking at it from an adults point of view, Im flipping the script and going back to my teen years. Was curious if anyone has had any bad run ins on the internet with their children giving out personal information, accepting long distance calls from strangers, or accepting gifts via the email...

"In a survey completed in 2003 with 19,000 children in grades 5-8, 55% of them admitted to disclosing personal information (name, sex, age, etc.) online. (ISafe 2003)."

"25 % of teens believe it is harmless to post a picture of themselves on the internet (Netsmartz 2005)."
"20% of teens believe sharing personal information on blogs is safe (Netsmartz 2005). "

Thesis -

As the digital age of computers manifests itself so does the potential dangers of the internet. Computers are becoming a sort of indulgence for teens to vent and sympathize with their peers. Most teens now innocently utilize chat rooms, instant messaging programs, forums, and even email to chat with their peers. Most parents do not realize the importance of talking to their children about the dangers of the internet, because they themselves have never logged online. Nor do most teens understand the dangers that surround giving out their personal information online to strangers. What was once considered an “anonymous” username can easily be linked to a physical person by giving out too much personal information. This is what pedophiles seek and this is how they solicit and often abduct “anonymous” children online.

<H1 style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 200%; mso-list: none; tab-stops: .5in"><H2 style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt 0.75in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; LINE-HEIGHT: 200%"></H2>I. The insecurities and gullibility of teens can lead to online solicitation.

II. Potential dangers of the internet include many disguised opportunities

III. Teens and the secret privacy they fight to keep from their parents.

</H1>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*
Back