oprah oct 13th

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I really admire Chris Hanson. How many people can look at creeps like the ones on To Catch a Predator and grill them without going postal at some point? The one that stands out for me is the Rabbi.

Back to the OP- Of course, I admire Allison Jacobs and Lisa Campbell even more and it's nice to see competent officers are still out there.

yet they got no recognition at the bail hearing. the judge gave it all to the PO Who's a moron

yet they got no recognition at the bail hearing. the judge gave it all to the PO Who's a moron
WHAT???
I thought the recognition went to the tow officers who made them go in to his PO with his entire family.

WHAT???
I thought the recognition went to the tow officers who made them go in to his PO with his entire family.

in the media they did.
the judge at the garrido's bail hearing gave it to the po

I am glad that Jaycee is avoiding the media, yet it scares me to think of why. I have a very bad feeling that when we do see Jaycee, we being the public, there will be a greater understanding of the depth of the psychological toll that was taken.
My thoughts are, and I hope I am wrong, that there might not be a person left to interview. She gave every part of herself away, simply to stay alive, I have a feeling that there might not be anything left to give to the public or the media. I am glad that her affairs are being handled by someone wise enough to realize that keeping her out of the media is more than likely the best thing for her. Now and possibly for quite a long time to come.

Oprah's show today wasn't ALL about Jaycee. The two security guards were on in the beginning. John Walsh was on via satellite. The Aisenbergs were on taking about the disappearance of their daughter, Sabrina, 12 years ago.

Oprah showed pictures of other kidnapped children and some of the families told their stories. I didn't see anything disrespectful at all. Certainly there was no exploitation of Jaycee. In fact, so many of the families were saying the finding of Jaycee gives them hope.

So what's the fess?

I don't watch Oprah regularly, I just happened to be playing with my TV's remote when I heard someone mention Jaycee at the beginning, so I watched. I should say, however, I didn't watch hoping for anything from Jaycee, I just wanted to hear what the security guards had to say. They are the real heroes in getting Jaycee and the children out of that horror they'd been experiencing.

I think there is no reason for Jaycee to do any type of interview.

Did anyone else notice the white headed guy standing at the search center, he had on an orange vest and there was a dog handler behind him. The clip was very quick but it sure did look like RSO Aaron to me! But don't the volunteers have to sign in and wouldn't someone have noticed him?

I am glad that Jaycee is avoiding the media, yet it scares me to think of why. I have a very bad feeling that when we do see Jaycee, we being the public, there will be a greater understanding of the depth of the psychological toll that was taken.
My thoughts are, and I hope I am wrong, that there might not be a person left to interview. She gave every part of herself away, simply to stay alive, I have a feeling that there might not be anything left to give to the public or the media. I am glad that her affairs are being handled by someone wise enough to realize that keeping her out of the media is more than likely the best thing for her. Now and possibly for quite a long time to come.
The reason would be because then she would be hounded by media this is a sensational story.
She needs to have anonymity...to go forward with her life.
This is done for her preservation ... Not because she may look scary, bad. although I imagine she is worn out, and weather beaten, maybe bad teeth? I do not know....
But I do know for sure that it is the only way for her to get better.

Someday she will be out and about with her girls and experience life like a normal person with out people wanting to snap pictures, and scream out questions that are none of their business anyway.

I hope this helps you feel better about it.

I just watched the show and thought the message the two women gave was one we need to hear again and again: trust your gut. I wish Orpah had had Gavin de Becker (The Gift of Fear, Protecting the Gift) on with them. And I liked how they called what they sensed "yellow flags." It's not always black and white, or in these cases "red flags" or "white flags." Sometimes you have to search deeper.

momtective, I love the sentiment that "autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower." I much prefer fall leaves to flowers, and my son has been collecting them the last few days.

ETA: Ah, Camus!

I don't think this link has been posted yet.
The message from John Walsh on Oprah "What the Hell are you doing in Washington
get the Adam Walsh act funded in congress". Enough! is Enough!
He is asking America to help support this Act by putting pressure on your Government Reps.
Write congress the link has a letter ready with all senator members addresses.

http://www.oprah.com/article/oprahshow/20090220-tows-adam-walsh-act

I just watched the show and thought the message the two women gave was one we need to hear again and again: trust your gut.

That's why I think these two women are so heroic in this situation, especially the first one who went to the other and said something was not right. We all have these instincts, sometimes casting them aside, only to realize later, our instincts were "right on" the whole time.

I felt this Oprah episode got out the right message: trust your instincts, don't jump to conclusions when children go missing, and sometimes there are miraculous outcomes to these situations, albeit, most having terrible horror stories in the meantime.

In the case of the Aisenbergs' daughter, it could be that someone just wanted a baby, not a nasty sex offender who took her. John Walsh said in the case of infants, it's usually someone who is trying to fill the void in their lives, the loss of their child or the fact they can't have one. Sabrina Aisenberg's family is hoping she, or someone who knows her will see the resemblance between Sabrina and her older brother and sister, and begin to question and investigate.

I saw nothing wrong with this episode.

He is asking America to help support this Act by putting pressure on your Government Reps.

Exactly. He wants more to be done, the right way, because not much has been done at all since the passing of the Adam Walsh Act.

Thanks for bringing the link here. It probably should be put in one of the general sticky threads.

This was hard to read. John Walsh's story is a tear jerker.

The sample letters are great for all to use.

Much more needs to be done. Can we get a WS march up to Washington ?????
I am ready.....

I thought the same thing about the Aisenbergs. The other could happen, but it seems more likely that someone wanted a baby. And maybe she will see herself on the Internet or television, although I can't imagine what a child would do in that situation. She might be very happy where she is, ironically. Let's hope so.

The reason would be because then she would be hounded by media this is a sensational story.
She needs to have anonymity...to go forward with her life.
This is done for her preservation ... Not because she may look scary, bad. although I imagine she is worn out, and weather beaten, maybe bad teeth? I do not know....
But I do know for sure that it is the only way for her to get better.

Someday she will be out and about with her girls and experience life like a normal person with out people wanting to snap pictures, and scream out questions that are none of their business anyway.

I hope this helps you feel better about it.

I hope she finds anonymity. It will be hard to miss 4 women/young women together. Terry is an adult who has had media attention and her picture has been in the public eye. I hope they will find a way.

I saw nothing wrong with this episode.

I taped the show even though I am no fan of Oprah's, and I thought it made valued and important points.

It it so frustrating that congress passed the Adam Walsh Act then didn't/won't fund it, but they will let tax dollars go to pay bonuses with bailout money. Congress is so hypocritical. This is exactly the kind of behavior that makes us feel like there are laws to protect us when in truth they are either unfunded or underfunded. The perverts can thumb their nose at the rest of us knowing the odds of getting caught are much smaller than the odds of getting away with their evil acts. No wonder they are so empowered.

watched the show today.
1) thought the officers were great! the whole thing about sensing something was wrong and having to act on it, and then telling us we should do the same. trust our instincts! sounds very simliar to something i said earlier today here. lol
2) i dont think jaycee is scared to come out in public because of her "looks" or because there's 'nothing left as a person'. i dont think either of that is true. she needs to heal. there is still plenty of her left or else she woudnt have surivved this long. when the time is ready she will come out.

The media has jumped on this story...from the get-go. The reason being...the public has a sick fascination with these stories. I'm not going to deny, ever being curious, but not so much on this one. I'm afraid that this, twisted tale will be more than I want to know! How many years of therapy will it take before this girl (although a woman, now), can have a normal life?

The media has jumped on this story...from the get-go. The reason being...the public has a sick fascination with these stories. I'm not going to deny, ever being curious, but not so much on this one. I'm afraid that this, twisted tale will be more than I want to know! How many years of therapy will it take before this girl (although a woman, now), can have a normal life?

its a twisted tale but speaking for myself, the intrest that drew me to it was jaycee's strength, courage, and will to survive. and i pray she can have a normal life.

kbl8201, I understand completely! It wasn't until we had a local story, "the Missouri Miracle", that I started to think about the harmful affects, the media has own the victims and their families I'm not a lawyer but work within the system. What I have learned is that there is fine line between what goes on in the court(s) and the human side, of a story. In the St Louis/St Charles (Missouri)area, we have some fine reprters, who have gained my respect. To be honest, my calling (or desire), to be a crime reporter, came just a little too late! Jaycee has quite a story to tell which could/would go a long way in helping future victims. This is all, the more reason, her story be told...but at HER own pace

kbl8201, I understand completely! It wasn't until we had a local story, "the Missouri Miracle", that I started to think about the harmful affects, the media has own the victims and their families I'm not a lawyer but work within the system. What I have learned is that there is fine line between what goes on in the court(s) and the human side, of a story. In the St Louis/St Charles (Missouri)area, we have some fine reprters, who have gained my respect. To be honest, my calling (or desire), to be a crime reporter, came just a little too late! Jaycee has quite a story to tell which could/would go a long way in helping future victims. This is all, the more reason, her story be told...but at HER own pace

agree a 100 percent.
which is why i found it ridicuous ha t oprah was out there shoutting how she wanted a jaycee interview riht away.......come on!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyuglybefore
Back