OR - 6 women found dead near Portland, most in secluded, wooded area, Feb 19 - May 8, 2023 *POI of 4*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Charity was found in a culvert, that means drainage ditch off the road. which means hard to see! concealed.
You’re not wrong, but re-read the post you quoted. I wasn’t saying that the bodies weren’t concealed at all, just that they weren’t moved far off the road or concealed very carefully.

Although if it’s true that JS was in fact found outside of the barn, rather than in it, it’s possible that she truly was not concealed at all. I’m pretty curious to know specifics around that.

Yes

But, there are lots of explanations provided for California. Border state, mixed population, gangs, whatnot. Everything preparing us to not be surprised by the numbers. However, these are raw numbers. When I googled the population of California and divided the number of disappeared by the population, and then did the same for Oregon, Oregon was over twice as high.
Washington was also disproportionately high. And there are no factors that should play a role for Oregon or Washington, except for "Ted Bundy lived here", or "Green River killer lived here", but this is not convincing. Maybe "farmland mentality", but we have to discuss it.
The Pacific Northwest has for a long time held the unfortunate distinction of serial killer capital of the United States, according only to my mother, in her opinion, way back in the 1970s pre Buddy and pre green river killer. .she worked as a reporter , covered homicides . No idea why this phenomenon exists if it truly does. The weather? Tree coverage? Peculiar propensity? Does anyone know?.Thank you.

The Pacific Northwest has for a long time held the unfortunate distinction of serial killer capital of the United States, according only to my mother, in her opinion, way back in the 1970s pre Buddy and pre green river killer. .she worked as a reporter , covered homicides . No idea why this phenomenon exists if it truly does. The weather? Tree coverage? Peculiar propensity? Does anyone know?.Thank you.
Good question, and I have no idea what the answer is. It could be either of the things you mentioned to some degree, or it could be total happenstance.

It may also be that the particular serial killers in the PNW have just gotten more media attention than those in other places, so while maybe it does have a higher per capita % of serial killers, it’s not by as wide a margin as pop culture would lead people to believe.

It is interesting that you mention the PNW having that reputation even before Bundy, that I was not aware of. I always thought Bundy was the one who really brought serial killers as a concept into the broader public consciousness, but maybe that’s wrong.

Good question, and I have no idea what the answer is. It could be either of the things you mentioned to some degree, or it could be total happenstance.

It may also be that the particular serial killers in the PNW have just gotten more media attention than those in other places, so while maybe it does have a higher per capita % of serial killers, it’s not by as wide a margin as pop culture would lead people to believe.

It is interesting that you mention the PNW having that reputation even before Bundy, that I was not aware of. I always thought Bundy was the one who really brought serial killers as a concept into the broader public consciousness, but maybe that’s wrong.
They’ve been around for ever….sadly. Jack the Ripper etc. Dracula was based on a count who killed. Human nature at its worst.

They’ve been around for ever….sadly. Jack the Ripper etc. Dracula was based on a count who killed. Human nature at its worst.
Oh for sure, I just meant like before Bundy serial killers were considered extreme anomalies.

This is just from stuff I’ve read, again not sure if it’s actually true, but I think Bundy was the one where society and LE both were like “wow, there’s actually probably a lot of these dudes out there”.

Just my opinion. The history. The Oregon Territory, Hudson Bay company, fur trappers, then missionaries. The country of small, distant farms. What happens there, whose word it the law, all stays in the family. The Seattle we know now is very new. It started growing in the time of the Gold Rush, as the last big port before Klondike. And, for many years, even when Ted Bundy hunted there, it was the same. No Microsoft yet, only Boeing, and farmlands. Think of how Bundy, Keyes or GRK were raised. Totally abnormal, but no one probably even knew.
Now, the development of tech industry in California and WA are somehow spilling into OR, but the same principle. Essentially, scattered farmlands and low population density.

Apologies in advance if this gets lengthy...

I was thinking more today about how LE (and us here) might go about narrowing down a pool of suspects in this case.

It occurred to me that, in the absence of DNA or something, the easiest case to solve should be AR's, because Eagle Creek is by far the most important location--it's a place not all that many people know well, and whoever dumped AR's body there almost certainly does.

So first I'm looking at people who:
a.) have lived or worked in Eagle Creek
b.) have close family or friends who have lived there
Hi dub. Have you considered "worked" as in, committing crimes there? If you are open to this definition, then I have an interesting one for you to look at. I can't identify him here by name, but I encourage you check out the "path" to where AR's body was found. Then look what other crimes happened there. Yeah, you will find someone there to add to your list. As you said above, this makes sense because this scene is remote, so not many people know about it.

Charity was found in a culvert, that means drainage ditch off the road. which means hard to see! concealed.
<modsnip: no source link/discussing non approved source> I could see the south side of both culverts in Google Streetview and the north side of identically sized RR culverts that lead to both HYW culverts. So yeah, hard, but definitely not impossible to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every one of these women was thought to have resided or spent time frequently in Oregon. In fact, on one particular day, two bodies were discovered. And remarkably, two of the women were located less than three miles apart in Southeast Portland.

Its been alleged investigators are now looking at potential connections between JoAnna Speaks, 32, Charity Lynn Perry, 24 and Bridget Leann Ramsey Webster, 31.

The three women 'had been known to frequent Southeast 82nd Avenue and an area near the Clackamans Town Center,' the source told Oregon Live.

Three of six women found dead in secluded wooded areas in Oregon, Washington are believed to have 'frequented the same places in the months prior to their deaths'

The source said Perry, Webster and Speaks had similarities in their personal lives, but did not specify what those similarities might be.

A couple of cases I found to ponder linking six women:

*who did I miss?

Couple others:

Another:
eta:
*how many of these women have tattoos?
“If you look at the history of serial killers, they always prey on the most vulnerable and specifically people who are drug users, homeless or prostitutes because they’re transient,” he said. “People aren’t really looking for them after a certain period of time, and the groups that those individuals hang around with, whether it’s the drug scene or the prostitution scene, are not really that friendly with the police.”

A search of the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System database revealed at least four other Jane Does were found in the region in 2022: a woman in Lowell, Oregon, in May; another in Salem, Oregon, in November; and two more women in Woodland, Washington, in March and April. One of them had been struck by a train. Two were found on the side of rural roads and the fourth was found floating in the Columbia River.

“If a serial killer was involved in any of this, he or she has the perfect cover,” Giacalone said. “We have people coming from different countries, different parts of the state, the open-air drug scene, maybe prostitution, and all these other things, and you have the city that has the ‘abolish the police’ movement. Talk about a serial killer’s sweet spot.”

The city has established an illegal campsite reporting system at pdxreporter.org/. Residents can also call 311.

Last edited:
…However, Joseph Giacalone, a retired NYPD sergeant and now an adjunct professor at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice, said the sheer numbers should be considered a public safety concern even if no foul play is suspected.

Some of the disappearances may be linked to Portland’s liberal policies on homelessness and open-air drug markets, Giacalone said.

“You can’t have these tent cities and these open-air drug markets, which only breed this kind of behavior,” he told Fox News Digital. “It doesn’t need to be a nefarious reason, doesn’t have to be a homicide.”

He said he suspects that more bodies will be found, likely due to overdoses, possibly concealed after the fact by panicked fellow users who don’t want to attract scrutiny.

“If you think that these are the only six bodies in that area, I think you’d be mistaken,” he said. “There needs to be a full investigation, including cadaver dogs and everything else.”
*another:

Last edited:

*eta:
*I’d be checking out tattoo parlors. I’m seeing an awful lot of these girls with tattoos.

Last edited:
Hi dub. Have you considered "worked" as in, committing crimes there? If you are open to this definition, then I have an interesting one for you to look at. I can't identify him here by name, but I encourage you check out the "path" to where AR's body was found. Then look what other crimes happened there. Yeah, you will find someone there to add to your list. As you said above, this makes sense because this scene is remote, so not many people know about it.
Absolutely I’d consider that, if anything that would be even higher on the list!

By “path” do mean by road from Portland/Milwaukie, as in near 224 or something? Or like exactly in the immediate area she was found?

*eta:
*I’d be checking out tattoo parlors. I’m seeing an awful lot of these girls with tattoos.
Out of the cases you posted, Vickie and LouAnn are the ones I am keeping a close eye on.

Speaking of, for those keeping track of the timeline, I noticed that LouAnn has a missing date of 6/15, which looks like that’s when she was reported missing, but the poster says she was actually last seen on 4/15.

Been trying to figure out what crime you’re referring to, maybe I’m reading this wrong but are you talking about something that happened on the Eagle Creek Trail?

If so, that’s a different place. It’s not close to the town of Eagle Creek where AR was found, but it is, incidentally, just a few miles up the road from where CP was found.

But maybe I’m looking at the totally wrong thing.

Another:
eta:
*how many of these women have tattoos?
“If you look at the history of serial killers, they always prey on the most vulnerable and specifically people who are drug users, homeless or prostitutes because they’re transient,” he said. “People aren’t really looking for them after a certain period of time, and the groups that those individuals hang around with, whether it’s the drug scene or the prostitution scene, are not really that friendly with the police.”

A search of the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System database revealed at least four other Jane Does were found in the region in 2022: a woman in Lowell, Oregon, in May; another in Salem, Oregon, in November; and two more women in Woodland, Washington, in March and April. One of them had been struck by a train. Two were found on the side of rural roads and the fourth was found floating in the Columbia River.

“If a serial killer was involved in any of this, he or she has the perfect cover,” Giacalone said. “We have people coming from different countries, different parts of the state, the open-air drug scene, maybe prostitution, and all these other things, and you have the city that has the ‘abolish the police’ movement. Talk about a serial killer’s sweet spot.”

The city has established an illegal campsite reporting system at pdxreporter.org/. Residents can also call 311.

OK, it might be removed, but I have to say it. If anyone manages to name any tribe, any social formation, any society that existed without laws or some form of police, I’d be very much surprised. Real anarchists, believe me or not, had some form of police too. Decriminalizing drugs might be inevitable, only there should be: 1) cheap, maybe even free, alternatives to black market drugs, and 2) strong legal institutions ready to deal with some form of mafia that is always generated by the black market. Whether you call it “mafia”, “cartel” or “organized crime”, it exists. Call it “police”, “law enforcement”, or “legal institutions”, the society can’t survive without them. (No statement, just supporting of anything appealing to common sense and harm reduction).

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back