OR - 6 women found dead near Portland, most in secluded, wooded area, Feb 19 - May 8, 2023 *POI of 4*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Without any further information I would say this sounds similar to the missing women a few years ago in Chillicothe, Ohio. Though never solved I was involved in a cold case investigation revealing a probable suspect involved in prostitution and drug dealing.
100% agree. They were either sex workers or on drugs.
Portland police that said investigators had “no reason to believe these six cases are connected.” In my opinion that doesn't make sense given the circumstances.
The Oregonian, a very reputable newspaper has already shown at least three of the victims frequented the same places.

CP and the UID (the latter of which seems to be unrelated and probably an overdose) were found the same day.

But yeah, like you said, the confusion is because most do not have solid missing dates.

BW might have been found on or very close to the date she disappeared—she is the only one that to my knowledge has no info whatsoever on last contact. But in the other cases it’s impossible or extremely unlikely.
How /where did you find out when they died? I haven't seen that anywhere.

View attachment 426323
The unknown (top right) - is it her perhaps?

Keeping an eye on whatever this is about.

Two in custody after large police presence in Southeast Portland neighborhood

Massive police response including SWAT, nature of the situation not specified.

This is VERY close to where KS was found, next neighborhood over and almost a straight line by road.

I’ve said before I don’t really think KS is related to the others, but this could be related to her case at least. Don’t want to get anyone’s hopes up, just throwing it out there in case anyone wants to monitor.
More info has been released and looks unrelated.

The unknown (top right) - is it her perhaps?
I don’t believe Vickie is the unidentified female. For one, she doesn’t have the same tattoos.

Attachments

• IMG_8942.png
    IMG_8942.png
    313.2 KB · Views: 4
How /where did you find out when they died? I haven't seen that anywhere.
Sorry, should have been more clear. I don’t know when any of them died, most of them just disappeared well before they were found and i am running under the assumption they died closer to when they disappeared/were last seen.

Side note, I swear I read an article early on that had an approximate TOD for JS, still haven’t found it but I did find several articles that say she was actually found OUTSIDE the barn, as opposed to in it. Not sure how I got that wrong, but in any case one of them is linked below:

Body of Oregon woman found outside Washington barn appears to have been 'moved' there

BW and the UID I have no clue when they were last seen, but we have date of last contact for KS, AR and JS, and a rough one for CP.

I’ve quietly been watching Vickie’s case. Concerned there are a lot of similarities with her and some of these other women, esp in terms of looks with AR, and behavior with all (homeless, poss drug use - Vickie has tattoos associated with gangs - all living rougher lifestyles).
I looked at her case and saw zero "gang tattoos". Would you be so kind as to tell me what you're seeing?

100% agree. They were either sex workers or on drugs.
Portland police that said investigators had “no reason to believe these six cases are connected.” In my opinion that doesn't make sense given the circumstances.
The Oregonian, a very reputable newspaper has already shown at least three of the victims frequented the same places.

How do you know that? Or is it just an assumption based off of how they look / how they were killed?

How do you know that? Or is it just an assumption based off of how they look / how they were killed?
We know JS was using around the time she disappeared, and it’s been heavily implied for at minimum KS and CP (and BW, to a lesser extent, if you put stock in the articles saying she had similar lifestyle factors with JS).

I have not seen ANY speculation or implication that any of them were sex workers though, very curious where that came from.

I looked at her case and saw zero "gang tattoos". Would you be so kind as to tell me what you're seeing?
Happy to share. While I’m not an expert, I know that the skeleton hand is used in several gangs, such as MS13, and different poses for the fingers relate to different meanings. The tattoo of lettering on her other arm, while hard to see, is also in a “gang style” font. She also has a tattoo on her face but I’ve been unable to find a better photo. Furthermore the tattoos appear faded or as if they were possibly done in a home and not a shop, or not by someone who was talented, at least (that part of course doesn’t mean it’s gang related, just an observation). This is all just MOO of course, I could also be incorrect and maybe she just liked that style. However, the placement of the tattoos could also be an indication - they’re under her arms, a spot not likely to be seen by LE, other opposing gangs, etc. Again totally MOO. I wasn’t sure what i could bring over in terms of links but a google search should return info. Additional source: I have numerous tattoos, used to live in LA where I would see tattoos such as hers on people related to the gangs of LA, and used to run in a not so savory crowd.
Edit: I’ll also add that I believe she has more tattoos, these are just three they have photos of. If you go and look for her on google, there are some YouTubes and other media that offer more insight.

Last edited:
We know JS was using around the time she disappeared, and it’s been heavily implied for at minimum KS and CP (and BW, to a lesser extent, if you put stock in the articles saying she had similar lifestyle factors with JS).

I have not seen ANY speculation or implication that any of them were sex workers though, very curious where that came from.
Someone said one of the girls did swork on Facebook. Also, sworkers tend to often be targeted for this sort of thing (but that doesn't mean they all did this, just something that's a possibility)

Happy to share. While I’m not an expert, I know that the skeleton hand is used in several gangs, such as MS13, and different poses for the fingers relate to different meanings. The tattoo of lettering on her other arm, while hard to see, is also in a “gang style” font. She also has a tattoo on her face but I’ve been unable to find a better photo. Furthermore the tattoos appear faded or as if they were possibly done in a home and not a shop, or not by someone who was talented, at least (that part of course doesn’t mean it’s gang related, just an observation). This is all just MOO of course, I could also be incorrect and maybe she just liked that style. However, the placement of the tattoos could also be an indication - they’re under her arms, a spot not likely to be seen by LE, other opposing gangs, etc. Again totally MOO. I wasn’t sure what i could bring over in terms of links but a google search should return info. Additional source: I have numerous tattoos, used to live in LA where I would see tattoos such as hers on people related to the gangs of LA, and used to run in a not so savory crowd.
Edit: I’ll also add that I believe she has more tattoos, these are just three they have photos of. If you go and look for her on google, there are some YouTubes and other media that offer more insight.
Using that font doesn't exclusively mean it's a gang tattoo... it just says strength.
Regarding the skeleton? Some of my friends have that exact tattoo and it is not referencing a gang.
I get LA and some places can be like that but I think on WS I see the tattoo hysteria go a bit wild sometimes so I like to see why exactly someone thinks that. Thanks for your explanation, it is appreciated.

Someone said one of the girls did swork on Facebook. Also, sworkers tend to often be targeted for this sort of thing (but that doesn't mean they all did this, just something that's a possibility)
I appreciate you bringing this up but IMO we should take this with a grain of salt. I think we often jump to conclusions about women in these situations being sworkers bc I think a lot of us subconsciously are looking for reasons why it "couldn't happen to us" but the reality is that anyone can be targeted. There are so many apps to meet up with people (Tinder, Hinge, Grindr etc.) that it isn't far fetched to think this could happen to anyone, especially since in Oregon recently there was someone luring women off of these apps and t*rturing them .

I'm not saying that it isn't possible that they were sworkers but I just want to bring up that there could be other things at play here and even then if it is a serial killer they can alter their MO to evade detection.

The UID doesn't seem to be related, she was the only one whose death was determined to not be suspicious, and she was in a tent rather than dumped. But I've thought from the start that JS, CP and BW were, and the more information that comes out the more strongly I feel that.

I'm not sure if you mean "vulnerable" in general due to lifestyle factors (which, yes, I believe is true of all of them), or a euphemism for homeless... I bring it up because I do not believe that BW was homeless. The article above seems to indicate that BW lived in an apartment in Clackamas County. I am not sure about the others, but reading between the lines it kinda sounds like they were.

But yes, you're right that at this time only KS and AR have hard missing dates. All I know is that it was "early March" for CP and March 15th for JS. Did you see somewhere that BW had a last contact date in March? I haven't seen anything anywhere about her last contact, and that's been a big mystery to me.

I have been thinking though that if BW had an apartment, that might be able to narrow down her missing date, because LE could maybe determine whether or not she paid rent for April. I have a feeling--and again this is just reading between the lines--that BW had not been deceased for too long when she was found, and probably went missing in mid-late April.
I meant vulnerable to mean life choices. I haven't been able to find anything about last known contact for BW.

Moving a body that far is unusual, but I do think that’s what is happening. (And I am mostly referencing JS, CP and BW here, as those are the three to me that are almost definitely related).

Which makes a pretty weird dichotomy—clearly the killer is comfortable enough to move bodies long distances, but the actual dump sites, from what I can tell, are not all that concealed and honestly kind of lazy. Makes me wonder if the killer is smaller in stature and/or in somewhat poor health.

And to reference your previous post, what you noted about JS location I think is true of all three (and probably true of AR too): there were MUCH better dump sites close by in each of those areas, which suggests to me that he had only a basic familiarity with the locations.
Assuming they are the work of the same killer, it could be these 6 are not the only ones. This could be why the dump sites seem to have not much effort put into concealment because the killer is confident they are uncatchable.

I appreciate you bringing this up but IMO we should take this with a grain of salt. I think we often jump to conclusions about women in these situations being sworkers bc I think a lot of us subconsciously are looking for reasons why it "couldn't happen to us" but the reality is that anyone can be targeted. There are so many apps to meet up with people (Tinder, Hinge, Grindr etc.) that it isn't far fetched to think this could happen to anyone, especially since in Oregon recently there was someone luring women off of these apps and t*rturing them .

I'm not saying that it isn't possible that they were sworkers but I just want to bring up that there could be other things at play here and even then if it is a serial killer they can alter their MO to evade detection.
I was a sworker for years so thinking it "couldn't happen to me" like you're saying doesn't apply to me, it could very easily happen to me. But I'm glad you mentioned that and explained it. That's true. Poses tend to move from sworkers and the houseless to non sworkers and non houseless gals, or go back and forth. Also, I wasn't the one who brought up sworkers, someone else did, then someone else asked why and I mentioned why they might have. Someone on fb seemed to know some of the girls and said one of them was a sworker - but that's just gossip. Who knows. Maybe. Maybe not. Regardless, doesnt make any of us safer and the families deserve justice and this needs to get off the streets and behind bars.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxmia2020
Back