Identified! OR - Cave Junction, 'Annie Doe' WhtFem UP10929, 16-20, Redwood Hwy, Aug'71 - Annie Lehman

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It appears you've edited your posts to remove the phrasing that disturbed me. That's okay, I'm good with that.
I did not edit my posts.

In addition, it would not have been possible for me to have done so. I made the posts over the course of several days. The forum restricts editing to 15 minutes after a post is made.

Uhmm... Well, that got off topic fast.

If she were local they would have identified her by now. Southern Oregon might have a lot of area, but the towns are all extremely small and if someone goes missing they usually know.

I'm also guessing by her maps of Northern California that she was probably not local and was probably a wanderer like so many youths, she probably hitch-hiked like everyone did back then.

I did not edit my posts.

In addition, it would not have been possible for me to have done so. I made the posts over the course of several days. The forum restricts editing to 15 minutes after a post is made.

I believe carbuff is talking about this one where it shows you edited it at the bottom. I have the original in an email notification.

Can you show me where I said they "cant"? When you read my posts, you will notice that I made the following comments in regards to western clothing, or expressed the following concepts:

- more likely
- most
-That does not mean every one dressed fully western
- averages
- Though I would not say that all westernern girls dress like cowboys or lumber jacks all the time
-That does not mean they dressed 24/7/365 like they were going to a rodeo
-Exceptions, however, do exist.

As for "not likely", I have held and still hold that the victims clothing makes it less likely (but by no means impossible) that she was from a cowboy culture area.

Shitkickers were worn in Texas as well and though I would not consider them truly western, as they are worn everywhere for out door work, they are usually indicative of a rural life style. The victim was not wearing any female equivelents.

I would say in Texas, men and women were equally likely to wear western clothing or accessories (certain large wallet styles for men). T-shirts were also very common in my area. They could be mixed, however, with tennis shoes, boots, shitkickers, western belt buckles, or western motiffed wallets, or western cut jeans with a dip ring worn into the seat pocket.

I would say that it would be unusual (but not unheard of) for a local woman in 1970s rural Texas not to be wearing any western style clothing or have no western motiff jewlery, accessories etc. Rather, on a daily basis, people would mix and match western style with standard styles.

Last edited by Cryptic; 03-24-2016 at 02:36 PM.

It's not an argument I see any reason to continue. The phrasing I objected to is gone, I thank you for changing it, and that's all.

Recreational sights sounds like sight-seeing, but I still lean towards the hitchhiking angle.

I wonder what the AL carving stands for; lovers' initials, maybe?

Recreational sights sounds like sight-seeing, but I still lean towards the hitchhiking angle.

I wonder what the AL carving stands for; lovers' initials, maybe?

What if the ring was a gift and the person who gave it to her (a lover perhaps) carved HER initials on it? Could this be a helpful clue to her identity?

Bumping for this lovely woman! Who was she? :rose:
Going on 45 years this August...RIP angel!

I think this was a young woman who was RVing around the west coast. The RV craze was taking off in the early '70s. Lesser known scenic US-199 route, found very near marble caves with a map of recreational sites in Northern California. Young enough to be in college or a newlywed since it seemed like this woman was traveling in June/July, the most popular summer vacation months.

I have doubts about her hitchhiking. What she wore was not suitable for it, especially the shoes.

Can't get over the fact she was found with her coat wrapped around her head.

In eight days, it will be the 45th anniversary of her discovery.

I pretty much agree with that.

They could also have been driving from motel to motel, another popular way to vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Annie" got her NCMEC reconstruction released today. Kind of disappointed it wasn't in color to show her distinctive reddish hair.

http://www.missingkids.org/poster/NCMU//1/screen

Don't care for it. Jane Doe 1971. I wonder if they got their hands on the skull and hair like Carl did or they use Carl's

I was asked by the Josephine County Sheriff's Deputy who is working on this case (WS member klee) if I would be able to do a reconstruction of Annie from a photo of the skull and a sample of her hair. Of course, I told her I would give it a shot.

This is what I came up with:

857f1248-7dc1-4d2d-9ad0-2d9e9b9f20d3.jpg

The color of her hair shown here is very accurate. And given how bright orange her hair was, I am infering that she had a freckly complexion. Of course, I could be wrong, but hair that orange usually corresponds to a light-freckly complexion.

(Note: This depiction is based on a skull, the clothing and a small quantity of hair found with the body. Fine details, such as her precise hairstyle, the shape of her eyes, lips, etc. are not intended to be exact depictions.)

Don't care for it. Jane Doe 1971. I wonder if they got their hands on the skull and hair like Carl did or they use Carl's

They probably CT scanned her skull and then digitally built up the tissue from there. That's what they do for most of the cases where the victim was either a skeleton or too decomposed for a postmortem drawing.

They probably CT scanned her skull and then digitally built up the tissue from there. That's what they do for most of the cases where the victim was either a skeleton or too decomposed for a postmortem drawing.

Sorry, that's not what I meant, I really shouldn't comment when I 1st get up lol. I know how they do them. It seems that NCMEC has been putting out recons for Doe's after Carl does them. Look at Walker County Jane. Carl spent time speaking to LE about the recon, at one point the hair got shorter. LE said it was good, NCMEC puts one out similar to his.
Klee had asked Carl to do his. She sent Carl photos of the skull and hair. I wondered if they requested the skull/ hair too.

Funny they list the height as Estimated Height 5'2" to 5'9", NamUs says Height (inches) 64, Measured

Sorry, that's not what I meant, I really shouldn't comment when I 1st get up lol. I know how they do them. It seems that NCMEC has been putting out recons for Doe's after Carl does them. Look at Walker County Jane. Carl spent time speaking to LE about the recon, at one point the hair got shorter. LE said it was good, NCMEC puts one out similar to his.
Klee had asked Carl to do his. She sent Carl photos of the skull and hair. I wondered if they requested the skull/ hair too.

Funny they list the height as Estimated Height 5'2" to 5'9", NamUs says Height (inches) 64, Measured

The measured height would be the height of the remains, which might or might not accurately reflect the height of the living woman. The forensics class I took said they usually use a combination of methods to estimate the living person's height -- statistical charts that show height based on the length of the long bones was one of them. I don't remember the others. It sounds like rather than trying to make an educated guess, they went for a range that says basically she was of about average height.

I'm wondering if this is a similar situation as Reet Jurvetson's, where her family didn't report her initially because she left home voluntarily. I wasn't able to find anything even close that wouldn't have been ruled out by DNA except for Faun Moon, and she would be too old, but she was wearing brown loafers and a wool coat, but it was a knee length blue one:
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14022/13
I also went through a few MP's in Canada and found one or two but they all had black hair or were too old or young.

Another one I've found was Ingrid Anderson. She may have already have been suggested. I confess. I didn't read too far back. She's a bit under the estimated height and two years older than the estimated age. She went missing with few details surrounding her disappearance, in May of 1971 I couldn't find her in NamUs, and doe only lists her as having dental available. Does anyone know if she were ruled out? http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/792dfca.html

Here's another one I couldn't find in NamUs. Wanda Reine, went missing from MA, March, 1971. Not much info listed for her except for brown hair, brown eyes and that she was 25: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1956dfma.html

I'm on my computer so did a quick search, here is what I see. I'm going to try to email Klee today because I have a few questions for her.

Another one I've found was Ingrid Anderson. She may have already have been suggested. I confess. I didn't read too far back. She's a bit under the estimated height and two years older than the estimated age. She went missing with few details surrounding her disappearance, in May of 1971 I couldn't find her in NamUs, and doe only lists her as having dental available. Does anyone know if she were ruled out? http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/792dfca.html

Not seeing her on a name search, I also searched 792dfca since some people post the URL without name. Nothing comes up. She sure needs entered in NamUs.

04-05-2013 - Here is a list of people who have been mentioned and not ruled out (unless noted).

3-28-2013 - Ok, here are some names for you all. PLEASE DO NOT IN ININDATE DOE or agencies with questions. I will followup! I started looking for Canada missing last week and have not had time to exclude any.

Arensen, Dixie – California
Batoche, Mildred – Canada -
Bryant, Rickey Jean - Wisconsin
Carrier, Diane – Canada
Coleman, Harriet - Washington
Davis, Cathern - California
Drover, Sharon – Canada
Egnoski, Ruth – Wisconsin
French, Patricia Diana – Canada
Frost, Helen Claire – Canada
Hill Angela A – Washington
Greenley, Noreen – Canada
Hallock, Carmen Marie – Florida
Howell, Brenda - California
Kirkland, Delilah – Texas
Klayh, Sylvia Linda
Olanna, Fanny - Alaska
Pellerin, Clara – Canada
Polizzi, Darlene – New Jersey
Redman, Donnis Marie - California
Reine, Wanda Medeiros – Massachusetts
Schuett, Marianne – Canada
Sullivan, Dennise Jeannette –Utah
Also mentioned earlier in this thread:
Debra Pscholka
Martha Shelton (ruled out per LE)
Lynn Luray
Terry Ann kelley
Robin Graham
Laura Lee Asynithe Fink
Christin Eastin (submitted)
Cindy Lee Mellin
Niki Britten
Jeanette Miller

I would like to add:
Helen Claire Frost (BC Canada)

19 exclusions on Annie's NamUs profile
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Mary Amos 1932 California
Denise Anderson 1948 California
Gloria Baird 1946 Georgia
Joyce Brewer 1955 Texas
Niki Britten 1953 Oregon
Mary Brosley 1937 Massachusetts
Babara Bryson 1951 Oregon
Sandra Conway 1953
Alexis Duggan 1951 Florida
Christine Eastin 1952 California
Sharon Giusti 1943 Washington
Robin Graham 1952 California
Janet Kramer 1957 Minnesota
Janet Kramer 1957 Minnesota
Cindy Mellin 1950 California
Jeannette Miller 1953 Washington
Debra Pscholka 1958 California
Denise Sheehy 1954 New York
Martha Shelton 1944 Kentucky

Thanks, Rose, for bringing those forward. I'm not sure why, but whenever I read this JD's case file, all I can think of is honeymoon for some reason. I can't put my finger on why, though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach K
Back