Identified! OR - Cave Junction, 'Annie Doe' WhtFem UP10929, 16-20, Redwood Hwy, Aug'71 - Annie Lehman

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I believe KLEE is LE but whatever pics KLEE saw- well she was two months gone and I am not sure what was left. She was scattered by predators. :(

I believe KLEE is LE but whatever pics KLEE saw- well she was two months gone and I am not sure what was left. She was scattered by predators. :(

So why did they go with such a big distinct nose? Most red-heads have very small little button noses.

So why did they go with such a big distinct nose? Most red-heads have very small little button noses.

Even if that's true -- which I doubt -- that doesn't mean all redheads have small noses. In any case -- the bones of the skull give a good indication of such things as the length of the nose, the height of the bridge, how arched it might have been, etc. After two months there might still have been some cartilage remaining as well. The tip of the nose, and the nostrils, are likely approximations, but the rest should be pretty close.

So I apologize for kind of bombarding this thread.

KLEE, I take it you work on this case? If so (or if not), have you seen an autopsy image of her? How accurate, do you think, is her nose? I know cartilage sticks around for a while, so I'm assuming it'd be pretty accurate. While working on her face in photoshop I kept noticing how Native American her features look. Was her hair obviously dyed (Other than the streaks)?

Bombard away! Ya, I'm working the case. We are unable to determine, at this point, what is her natural color and what is dyed. It's a question I've asked.

I found these few rings almost identical to Annie's:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/127161855/mother-of-pearl-ring-vintage?ref=sr_gallery_5&ga_search_query=twisted+mother+of+pearl+ring&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_includes%5B0%5D=tags&ga_search_type=vintage&ga_facet=vintage%2Fjewelrytwisted+mother+of+pearl+ring

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-WEST-GERMAN-MOTHER-OF-PEARL-RING-SIZE-8-ADJUST-/150392989163

Both are stamped with 'West germany'? I'm assuming if she were from Germany the ring would be stamped with West deutschland, though. I don't know much about jewelry so maybe someone else knows more about the stamp. It probably is no help, I just thought it was something a bit interesting. :\

Does anyone else think that that secong ring could be a man's ring?

Not that that will really help, but I have wondered if she was traveling with her boyfriend OR if she was hitching a ride. I lean to the boyfriend side.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/127161855/mother-of-pearl-ring-vintage?ref=sr_gallery_5&ga_search_query=twisted+mother+of+pearl+ring&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_includes%5B0%5D=tags&ga_search_type=vintage&ga_facet=vintage%2Fjewelrytwisted+mother+of+pearl+ring

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-WEST-GERMAN-MOTHER-OF-PEARL-RING-SIZE-8-ADJUST-/150392989163

Both are stamped with 'West germany'? I'm assuming if she were from Germany the ring would be stamped with West deutschland, though. I don't know much about jewelry so maybe someone else knows more about the stamp. It probably is no help, I just thought it was something a bit interesting. :\

I think these are great. The stone is rounder than what we have in evidence but ... I have looked all over the ring for a mark, stamp or anything and can't find. Good job! I've passed on to Yvonne for her option.

Does anyone else think that that secong ring could be a man's ring?

Not that that will really help, but I have wondered if she was traveling with her boyfriend OR if she was hitching a ride. I lean to the boyfriend side.

The ring could be either I think to some.

I know with another case here at WS, they were able to test the minerals in the teeth and discovered that a Jane Doe had lived primarily in the southwest.
I don't know what that test is called- but I wonder if a test like that can be done on Annie to narrow down the region from whence she came.

Here is a list of people who have been mentioned and not ruled out (unless noted).

Ok, here are some names for you all. PLEASE DO NOT IN ININDATE DOE or agencies with questions. I will followup! I started looking for Canada missing last week and have not had time to exclude any.

Arensen, Dixie – California
Batoche, Mildred – Canada -
Bryant, Rickey Jean - Wisconsin
Carrier, Diane – Canada
Coleman, Harriet - Washington
Davis, Cathern - California
Drover, Sharon – Canada
Egnoski, Ruth – Wisconsin
French, Patricia Diana – Canada
Frost, Helen Claire – Canada
Hill Angela A – Washington
Greenley, Noreen – Canada
Hallock, Carmen Marie – Florida
Howell, Brenda - California
Kirkland, Delilah – Texas
Klayh, Sylvia Linda
Olanna, Fanny - Alaska
Pellerin, Clara – Canada
Polizzi, Darlene – New Jersey
Redman, Donnis Marie - California
Reine, Wanda Medeiros – Massachusetts
Schuett, Marianne – Canada
Sullivan, Dennise Jeannette –Utah

Also mentioned earlier in this thread:
Debra Pscholka
Martha Shelton (ruled out per LE)
Lynn Luray
Terry Ann kelley
Robin Graham
Laura Lee Asynithe Fink
Christin Eastin (submitted)
Cindy Lee Mellin
Niki Britten
Jeanette Miller

I would like to add:
Helen Claire Frost (BC Canada)

I think these are great. The stone is rounder than what we have in evidence but ... I have looked all over the ring for a mark, stamp or anything and can't find. Good job! I've passed on to Yvonne for her option.

You're very welcome! I agree about the stones as well. I looked all over for a stone that matched better with the one in the photo but failed to find one, unfortunately. I'll keep my eyes out though, hopefully something will come up that can help!

I know with another case here at WS, they were able to test the minerals in the teeth and discovered that a Jane Doe had lived primarily in the southwest.
I don't know what that test is called- but I wonder if a test like that can be done on Annie to narrow down the region from whence she came.

We want to do that with her hair but finding the money ...

We want to do that with her hair but finding the money ...

Thank you for that reminder. I'm guilty of wondering why LE won't do this or that in many of these cases and forget how strapped some agencies are for cash. I wonder how Lane County, Oregon is even operating sometimes as they've been in dire straits for revenue as long as I can remember. :sigh:

It's called Isotope testing and it is done on the hair and teeth, to see where they grew up or spent most of their time! Great article here that explains it really well; http://phys.org/news123180241.html

LE could send samples to the different Universities that study this and probably get it done for free!

Helen was born in England 14 months after her sister Sandy, and the sisters moved to Nanaimo with their parents in 1956 when Sandy was five and Helen was four.

http://www.vancouversun.com/life/Still+missing+missed+after+years/2340534/story.html

Could the ring have come over with a parent or been sent by a relative overseas?

Helen jumped out at me as well and I am glad that someone else noticed! First, she was known to hitchhike. Second, she was probably depressed and upset with her life and could have decided to hit the road. Thirdly, she was known to use aliases- maybe she started going by something with AL?
When I originally found her it was on the Canadasmissing site and they don't put too much info on MPs there.

Somewhere, her sister said that when LKA Helen had very short hair but Annie has very long hair. Could it have grown to that length in that amount of time?

I've finally got a good contact in Canada so can start really looking at those ladies and I'm starting with Helen.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKT
Back