Found Deceased OR - Chase Cook, 22, Medford, 23 June 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if LE ever dusted for fingerprints on the truck.

I think (and LE indicated earlier) that Chase probably parked his car on the road and left it. Later the truck was moved (stolen) and abandoned on some person's property. The truck went unnoticed for some time since it was on "the back 40". Why would anyone have parked the truck there? Unless the truck was stripped and the thieves were trying to avoid detection? Something about this is just strange.

It's strange they still haven't recovered his remains. I was hoping he would be found after they had found his car. His poor family.

There is just too much land here....thousands and thousands of acres that man doesn't venture out into. Not to mention the hundreds of acres that are privately owned but not closely monitored by their owners. Chase could be anywhere around here.

And Stephanie Warner just up the highway in Applegate Valley, Ruch, will have been missing one year July 4th, as well. I didn't even know about Chase.

People get searched for and recovered in CA natural terrain, so I don't see why that can't happen in OR too.

To be honest, I'm beginning to think these cases drop so completely out of the news because some OR LE don't issue a single update or shred of information for a journalist to hang a new story on, after a month or so. It's a shame.

They have disappeared so close by each other, I'm wondering if it would be worth the two families getting together to organize some joint volunteer searches?

LE should offer complete immunity from prosecution and family should offer a reward, if whoever stole the truck will come forward and tell them where they found it.

Chase will be within walking distance of that location, I feel.

(Obviously, immunity only from theft charges, not if any foul play was involved.)

Forget my above post.

According to mom on a search fundraising site I can't link, Chase's truck was abandoned on highway 238 near Provolt. And they know that because the Sheriff's Office tagged it to be towed without noticing it belonged to a missing person!

Mom was following the 'search advice' of a psychic last year. That's what happens when families are left to struggle through on their own. Chase is due another search by official SAR personnel, I would have thought.

Sad day but we knew this was a probability.

MISSING PERSON REMAINS LOCATED AT 13480 WILLIAMS HIGHWAY (JOSEPHINE COUNTY)
News Release from Oregon State Police
Posted on FlashAlert: February 9th, 2017 6:28 PM
On February 7, 2017, two hikers located skeletal remains of a missing person reported on June 26, 2012 to the Medford Police Department. The Oregon State Police recovered the remains of a single adult male which have been positively identified through dental records, personal property and identification as Chase COOK who was 22 years old at the time he was reported missing.
At the time Cook was reported missing, the vehicle he was believed to be driving was seen in the area of Williams Highway but it had been moved prior to law enforcement's arrival and was no longer at the location. An extensive search of the area where the vehicle had initially been seen was conducted by Search and Rescue operations and no evidence was located.
Cook's remains were discovered less than a mile from where the vehicle he was reportedly driving at the time of his disappearance. Contrary to social media outlets, only one body was recovered. Additionally, it had been reported the skeletal remains appeared to have been bound. This was determined not to be true. Evidence located at the scene supports this was a suicide by means of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
The Oregon State Police was assisted by the Medford Police Department, Josephine County Sheriff's Office, Josephine County Search and Rescue, Jackson County Search and Rescue, and the Oregon State Medical Examiner's Office.
Follow-up questions should be directed to Sergeant Deanna "Annie" Harris OSP CISD/MCS at 541-618-7967.

Some small measure of closure for his mom.

Rest in Peace Chase :rose:

I'm so glad they found his remains, I started to think they will never be located.

RIP Chase.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fruit
Back