OR OR - Daniel Oberg, 28, Lane County, 22 April 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Authorities have released the identity of a partially decomposed body found Sunday west of Sunriver.

Deschutes County sheriff’s Sgt. William Bailey an autopsy confirmed the remains were that of 48-year-old Curtis Fredrick Pagel.

The cause and manner of death is still being determined by the Oregon State Medical Examiner’s Office.

Bailey says Pagel had no known recent address but had lived in Oregon for years."
Human Remains Found Near Sunriver Identified | KXL

Another article:
"The sheriff’s office is asking the public for help with any information they may have about Pagel, including his past work history, residences or any contact they may have had with him.

The public is asked to contact the Sheriff’s Office through the non-emergency dispatch number: 541-693-6911"
Sunriver remains identified as Curtis Fredrick Pagel

The search continues for Daniel. Some closure for the Pagel family.

JAN 24, 2020
Search for man missing since 2017 continues
It’s been nearly three years since Danny Oberg went missing, but the Lane County Sheriff’s Office is still searching.

[...]

Since his disappearance, search and rescue teams have searched the area surrounding where the car was found. Continuing search missions have remained unsuccessful.

Detectives have interviewed multiple people but have exhausted all leads.

[...]

If you have seen Oberg since April 2017 or have any information about his location, contact detectives at 541-682-4063.

Some day there will be justice for Danny. We have to be patient. Nothing stays secret forever.

If you have seen Oberg since April 2017 or have any information about his location, contact detectives at 541-682-4063.

Wait, never mind. I think the article says believed to be someone missing since 2011.

I haven't followed Daniel's case at all. But I was looking for info. about Allyson Watterson, and saw this article. Apparently they found another body near Sweet Home after they found the one identified as female. Could this be Daniel?

Second body found near Sweet Home

Last edited:
:cool::cool:I just watched the BrainScratched interview with Danny’s father, Ken.

There is a tremendous amount of detail in the video that I’d like to discuss with any of you who have an interest in bringing Danny home. I’m not usually this active on the forum but it’s been too long and I want to do anything I can to help.

I wonder if anyone else has found any MSM that is newer than this article from Jan 2020:
Search for man missing since 2017 continues

Thoughts from the video:

• Are there any updates that can be shared here? I am not on the FB group.

• Did a search on the wooded property where Danny’s phone pinged (also at this location there was a group of people partying who received citations for trespassing) ever get conducted? KO said that he got in touch with the property owner who told him about the aforementioned party. KO expressed that LE wasn’t interested in conducting a search there.

• Is there someone who can touch base with KO to see what his thoughts are as of late?

• Have Danny’s two friends he was apparently last seen with been interviewed by LE? In the video KO says that one of the kids moms was hiding her son. Seems like someone or some people around Marcola or Fosters Lake may have some information.

Is the Gray Hughes video worth spending 2+ hours on?

I think I have more thoughts on this but I’m super tired! Please discuss here or feel free to PM me. I’d really like to help. :cool:

edit: typo

I remember when Danny first went missing. So many areas have been searched and re searched from what I can remember. The community really came together. Everybody kept hoping the dogs that he had with him when he went missing might be able to lead them to where he was at. But no. Yes law enforcement spoke to the two friends-- cleared. But there was a lot of rumors floating around about them. Rumors were running fast and furious for awhile. I just popped on to facebook and not really anything new. His birthday was last month. Awhile back I got hopeful, so many bodies turning up. But none were Danny. That part of the country seems to have a high number of missing. Not sure why. Unless he has changed, at the beginning KO was keeping things pretty close to the chest. There were really only a very few people he would have contact with. Completely understandable. While people were trying to be helpful, I'm sure it was very distracting for him. His main focus was/is trying to find his son. I'm not on websleuths much anymore. There are a few that I can't keep from thinking about, so I pop on to see if by chance there is any news. I completely agree it is way past time for his family to have closure.

Last edited:
One day, Danny. Hopefully soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo
Back