OR OR - David Grubbs, 23, Ashland, 19 Nov 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was in that area yesterday and was pleased to see a number of posters up seeking information.

Everyone in Ashland knows about this case: but this is the time of year when there are a lot of tourists from surrounding states---- so the word will get out. The more people know, the better likelyhood of the murderer getting caught.

I was in that area yesterday and was pleased to see a number of posters up seeking information.

Everyone in Ashland knows about this case: but this is the time of year when there are a lot of tourists from surrounding states---- so the word will get out. The more people know, the better likelyhood of the murderer getting caught.

I hope they find something soon. I can't believe there hasn't been an arrest yet.

I hope they find something soon. I can't believe there hasn't been an arrest yet.

I keep saying that same thing about Troy's case..
Still no arrest after 4 years Sept 4,th.. Makes me so angry..
Detectives have asked me if I follow David Grubbs case..
Told them I do follow, why would they ask me that?

I am so sorry about your son, how senseless. A senseless tragedy.

That does seem like a weird thing to say--- maybe they just mean that both cases have almost no clues?

That does seem like a weird thing to say--- maybe they just mean that both cases have almost no clues?

Ya maybe your right. A few months ago I mailed 100 fliers to business, truck stop & diners in the Central Point & Medford area asking people to post Troy's flyer in their windows. I don't know if anyone posted them, but I hope they did. I am too far away to know if they did or not..

Ya maybe your right. A few months ago I mailed 100 fliers to business, truck stop & diners in the Central Point & Medford area asking people to post Troy's flyer in their windows. I don't know if anyone posted them, but I hope they did. I am too far away to know if they did or not..

I don't hang out much in Central Point, but I will keep my eyes peeled for them and report back if I see one.

I am pretty sure the police are still working very hard on the Grubbs case. It's disappointing there hasn't been any resolution of it yet. I feel very badly for his friends and family, and also the community which has to carry on knowing the person who killed David Grubbs may well still be in the area. Personally, I do believe the person is still in or near Ashland, although I know some people who somehow just 'feel' that he's long gone. (Just wishful thinking on their part, I'm pretty sure.)

HI..I had seen the site and I just left another comment. Thank you to the person that set up this site. I just left another comment. Didn't have enough space to say everything.
I will say it here.
Troy was killed by someone he knew & had to have met just 2 or 3 day's before, Someone he trusted as a friend cause that person would have
known where he was sleeping and Troy was well hidden under a bush. Cops even said if someone was looking for him they would not have been able to find him where he was.
He was found inside his sleeping bag so he would have been killed very early the morning of Sept 2nd when the air was cool cause he was found inside his sleeping bag. It was in the 90's that week. There was no moon that night, very dark.
To find him, they would have had to have night vision googles..
So it was someone that knew where he was sleeping. He was camped there 7 nights.
It was someone he had just met, 2 or 3 day's before..

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Records-Bloody-machete-led-to-Lake-Oswego-arrest-3893635.php

This is another machete murder from about a week ago in Lake Oswego, OR. This article says the suspect was a transient. Can't help but wonder about a possible connection.... I'm sure law enforcement must be looking at this too.

THANKS for linking this Manzanita. I immediately thought of this Ashland murder mystery when I read about the Lake Oswego murder earlier this week. It seems there are a few similarities. I am trusting LE must be way ahead of us on investigating this. Hope I am correct.

The thing that makes me pause is that IIRC the police have never come out and said that it was a machete. There was also a rumor that it could be some sort of tool (like a garden tool??). Still, for sure worth looking into as I am sure the LE and possibly FBI are doing.

*bumps as this case nears it's one year mark*

I have been thinking about it getting close to the anniversary. I'm sure many have been. I walk by there everyday. A bench and a light are being installed, a commemoration. The shed the murderer must have hid behind is still there. I wish they'd tear it down. It's awful, it's dangerous, and it's depressing.. ugly too, but that's not so much the issue. My thoughts are with David's family and friends, especially this time of year.

I guess there's just nothing happening with this and LE anymore. I imagine someone is still "on the case" but with nothing happening I'm not sure what that means in practical fact.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back