Circumstances
Date of Last Contact October 16, 1981
NamUs Case Created July 9, 2023

Last Known Location (Map)
Location Coos Bay, Oregon --
County Curry County

Missing From Tribal Land No
Primary Residence on Tribal Land --

Circumstances of Disappearance Allen and his wife went missing on 10/16/1981. Their car was later found abandoned.

Physical Description
Hair Color Brown
Head Hair Description --
Body Hair Description --
Facial Hair Description --
Left Eye Color Blue
Right Eye Color Blue​

Oh Geez, Allen's father was a murderer who was executed

<<Graham married Gloria A. Elson, with whom he had two children, Allen and Suzanne, who were just infants at the time of the notable events. After Graham's execution, Gloria and the two children began using her maiden name. Allen Earl Elson married Denise Marie in 1976 before both went missing on October 16, 1981, while in Curry County;[2] they are both presumed dead. Gloria died in 1992.[3]>>

Allen Earl Elson married Denise Marie in 1976 before both went missing on October 16, 1981, while in Curry County;[2] they are both presumed dead. Gloria died in 1992.[3]>>
I’m confused why it’s said they disappeared in Coos Bay, which is Coos County, and why the Curry County Sheriff is the contact. Is it because the two counties border each other? Where was the car found?
RSBM
Having difficulty with Google maps, so I can't clarify. But going off these posts, I think they were last seen in Curry County, but their abandoned car was found in Coos County.
Allen was an athlete, and at 6'4"/235 lbs, could likely hold his own, unless someone had a gun or knife on Denise. Authorities seemed to reach the conclusion pretty quickly the couple were killed. jmo

RSBM
That article was obviously written by Denise's family (and the memorial service and cenotaph would indicate she was loved and missed), but still curious it says nothing about Allen. I understand their not wanting to disclose his background, but there's no mention of his livelihood even, although they share her art studies. Did her family not approve of their marriage? jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ula
Back