Found Safe OR - Erin McClintock, 40, dropped kids at school, Aloha, 21 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Update: Missing Mother Found Safe - 10/29/19
On Tuesday, October 29, 2019, at 2:25 p.m., Beaverton Police were dispatched to the Fred Meyer grocery store located at 15995 SW Walker Rd. Dispatch received information Erin McClintock was at the store and had already called her family. Beaverton Police Officers contacted Ms. McClintock at the grocery store.

Ms. McClintock was not injured and told Officers she left last week on her own accord. There is no criminal investigation stemming from this incident. Ms. McClintock is with her family and is no longer considered to be missing.

The Washington County Sheriff’s Office would like to thank the media and public for their help looking for Ms. McClintock.

The original media release is below.

Update: Missing Mother Found Safe

Y'know, if she left and went somewhere "on her own accord" for a week, she may have expected to find her car in the same location when she returned...

This is why we usually tell someone when we are going to be absent from work, child pick-up, and our homes.

She had to have been a bit distressed, I think.

YAY!

Or...she could have gone somewhere by bus for a few days (nice hotel with all amenities?)

Erin, you have our heartfelt sympathy and empathy, whatever happened, we are glad you are safe and hope you found some peace and happiness on your sojourn. It's okay to be fed up and it's okay to want a break from family.

I will say that I disappeared and slept rough (for just one night each time, could have slept in car, did not want to) a couple of times in my life...

Honestly, I don't feel 100% sympathetic for ppl who just leave with no messages when loved ones were so worried about her. JMO, but if I need a break, I tell ppl.

Honestly, I don't feel 100% sympathetic for ppl who just leave with no messages when loved ones were so worried about her. JMO, but if I need a break, I tell ppl.

I have to say, I did not expect to hear this news this afternoon, but I was really happy and relieved to hear it. Usually, after 72 hours of someone going missing, the odds are not very great that it will end well.

I understand the above sentiment, but I have to believe that she must have had some kind of mental break that precipitated all this. Going off the grid and sleeping in a park for a week without telling anybody are not the actions of a rational and stable person. I don't know if she cracked under a lot of stress of being a single mom, or maybe the chemicals in her brain got so far out whack that she ended up losing it. Whatever the reason may be, I really hope that she is able to get the help she needs, and then get back on her feet again in due time.

Yeah it’s a tough one, especially when there are kids involved. I just have to imagine there were some serious mental illness issues going on. I bet there’s some sort of history leading up to this because abandoning your family to almost freeze to death, sleeping outside for over a week isn’t at all a “normal” way to handle stress and unhappiness. I feel terrible for her kids and friends and family—they had to be terrified. I hope she can get the help she needs and the family can heal, but it’s definitely going to be tough for her boys.

This case reminds me of Danielle Nipper—a mom of a 14 year old girl who disappeared one day from the house and was missing for months. She was finally found by a PI, but it seems she just left on her own and we don’t really know exactly what she was doing all that time with no money, phone, car. Seems she had a mental break. Her poor, poor daughter.

edited for spelling

Last edited:
Yeah it’s a tough one, especially when there are kids involved. I just have to imagine there were some serious mental illness issues going on. I bet there’s some sort of history leading up to this because abandoning your family to almost freeze to death, sleeping outside for over a week isn’t at all a “normal” way to handle stress and unhappiness. I feel terrible for her kids and friends and family—they had to be terrified. I hope she can get the help she needs and the family can heal, but it’s definitely going to be tough for her boys.

How do we know she almost froze to death? That she was at the FM (presumably outside) the whole time?

How do we know she almost froze to death? That she was at the FM (presumably outside) the whole time?
Last night two different articles said an ambulance was called to Fred Meyer for her and that’s how and when she called her family, then police came.

This morning I notice both articles have been updated to just say police were called and she had already called her family by the time they got there and that she was “cold.”

Who knows. We really don’t know where she was or what she was doing, but I think they’re protecting her privacy by changing the articles to be vague.

Last night two different articles said an ambulance was called to Fred Meyer for her and that’s how and when she called her family, then police came.

This morning I notice both articles have been updated to just say police were called and she had already called her family by the time they got there and that she was “cold.”

Who knows. We really don’t know where she was or what she was doing, but I think they’re protecting her privacy by changing the articles to be vague.
It has been very unusually cold here. Low 20s at night and yesterday it was only in the low 40s but the wind made it feel like it was in the teens. She was exposed to the extreme outdoor elements the last week

It has been very unusually cold here. Low 20s at night and yesterday it was only in the low 40s but the wind made it feel like it was in the teens. She was exposed to the extreme outdoor elements the last week

Unusually cold up here too, below freezing this morning and very early for that, and that's without windchill. Still I think she would have been noticed if she was at the FM the whole time, we're talking about over a week. Was she hopping into the FM to use their water fountain, since you can't go very long without water.

Unusually cold up here too, below freezing this morning and very early for that, and that's without windchill. Still I think she would have been noticed if she was at the FM the whole time, we're talking about over a week. Was she hopping into the FM to use their water fountain, since you can't go very long without water.
Many ppl hang out in the deli area and eat their lunch even if they are not shopping at Freddies. I have seen homeless ppl use the bathroom to clean up so I am not surprised she was found there .

Good news to read. She went missing for a reason. I hope that she is able to address whatever caused/induced/enticed her to go missing. She and her family have an intense road to travel as a result of this. I hope they can move ahead together.

Many ppl hang out in the deli area and eat their lunch even if they are not shopping at Freddies. I have seen homeless ppl use the bathroom to clean up so I am not surprised she was found there .
I think it’s telling that she was found directly across the street from where she left her car 8 days earlier. This wasn’t a woman who selfishly needed some “me time”and ran off to the beach with a hunky new boyfriend while her desperate family held vigils and likely thought her dead. She was obviously not okay and whatever it is that happened at least she’s ALIVE and will have the opportunity to fix things and for everyone to heal.

I have to remind myself in these (very few and far between) cases that this is all we want. For the missing to be FOUND. They’re usually not going to be okay, but at least they’re alive and have the chance.

I think it’s somewhat like when your kid doesn’t tell you where they are & you run through all of the emotions thinking the worst and ALL you want is for them to show up okay. And when they do you’re sooooooo relieved, but that soon turns to anger at what they put you through. We feel that here, but it’s such a tiny little bitty fraction of what the family feels.

I’m just so glad she’s alive and I wish her and her family the best.

I think it’s telling that she was found directly across the street from where she left her car 8 days earlier. This wasn’t a woman who selfishly needed some “me time”and ran off to the beach with a hunky new boyfriend while her desperate family held vigils and likely thought her dead. She was obviously not okay and whatever it is that happened at least she’s ALIVE and will have the opportunity to fix things and for everyone to heal.

I have to remind myself in these (very few and far between) cases that this is all we want. For the missing to be FOUND. They’re usually not going to be okay, but at least they’re alive and have the chance.

I think it’s somewhat like when your kid doesn’t tell you where they are & you run through all of the emotions thinking the worst and ALL you want is for them to show up okay. And when they do you’re sooooooo relieved, but that soon turns to anger at what they put you through. We feel that here, but it’s such a tiny little bitty fraction of what the family feels.

I’m just so glad she’s alive and I wish her and her family the best.
I think things just built up for Erin and triggered her to go missing. Not a firm game plan but at least she is warm and with her loved ones now

She’s been found alive!! Her family member just announced on social media.

Wow, that's so wonderful to hear! Thanks for sharing the news. I've been watching this one and had a bad feeling in the tum, but this is a lovely, unexpected turnaround. Hopefully Erin is doing ok and/or otherwise will be able to get the help that she needs if she's been suffering.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikkit2110
Back