OR OR - Harold Hardesty, 86, Ashland, 10 April 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was his 20 acre property searched? How about the area nearby where he lived?

They've done an extensive search around his home with much of the focus being on the creek that runs along his property to no avail.

He's been missing two weeks now. [emoji20]

KTVL had another segment marking his missing for two weeks. Here is a screenshot of the surveillance video they aired during the broadcast. It shows what he was wearing when he left his home on April 10th. The broadcast isn't on the website so I hope it's okay to post.

http://ktvl.com/news/local

73383ef855d2dd180e0291cfeb72ad98.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awwwwww....it's so sad to see Harold leaving his home for what was probably going to be a nice walk. :( It kind of looks like he's carrying an umbrella or maybe a cane. I assume it hasn't been found either. Thanks for posting, kodi.

I thought it was an umbrella at first glance, especially on my phone. Now that I'm on my laptop and I can see the picture better, I'm not so sure; it almost looks like it's flexible but it's hard to tell for certain. MOO

This picture makes me so sad. So darn sad for his family & friends and those of us here rooting for him that he doesn't even now about. Saying many prayers that tomorrow will be the day he comes home.

Just now reading about Harold. This just breaks my heart. What a lovely man. Southern OR is a special place [emoji174]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still thinking of Harold and hoping for news. :heartbeat:

Bumping Harold back up. Three weeks now and no word of where you are. [emoji174]

Dementia is a serious health concern, symptoms like memory loss, confusion, disorientation, inability to do normal activities, withdrawal, agitation, and frustration are common. There are assisted living NJ and memory care facility available for seniors suffering from Dementia. But to avoid such situation it is important to select right facility.

Dementia is a serious health concern, symptoms like memory loss, confusion, disorientation, inability to do normal activities, withdrawal, agitation, and frustration are common. There are assisted living NJ and memory care facility available for seniors suffering from Dementia. But to avoid such situation it is important to select right facility.

Welcome to Websleuths! Yes, dementia is a terrible disease. We don't know how advanced Harold's was and whether it actually contributed to his disappearance. I'm not sure he would have willingly consented to move to an assisted living or memory care facility here in Ashland, OR (not NJ :)) or even if that was an appropriate solution for him. I feel for his family and I hope they aren't kicking themselves.

We are helping an elderly friend with moderate dementia who just moved into assisted living. So far, so good. He doesn't leave the building. To move him to a locked memory care facility at this point wouldn't be in his best interests emotionally (or financially). He is on a waiting list though. If he starts wandering outside and getting lost, he will have to move. But the first time could be fatal, so it's a risk. Taking away someone's independence and possibly destroying their spirit is a weighty decision and very difficult to time exactly right. But as your post says, it's important to be informed about the disease and various options available.
JMO

Dementia patients in the early to mid stages can become adept at hiding difficiencies​. My mom and MIL both suffered with dementia. We had to pay careful attention to the person's challenges and not assume that everything is fine.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Ok...so way back when(yes I am old) we only heard of Alzheimer's now Dementia is mentioned a lot more. What is the difference? Yes, I can google and read lots but just wandering in a nutshell. The weather here is wonderful so I prefer to be outside in the garden.
My previous thoughts was dementia which may come and go can lead to Alzheimer's which is more permanent.
Thanks in advance to whoever takes the time to respond.
I also wanted to add that Harold has been missing a while now and I hope and pray he is found safe. We have seen it happen on here but I am beginning to wonder. :(

Ok...so way back when(yes I am old) we only heard of Alzheimer's now Dementia is mentioned a lot more. What is the difference? Yes, I can google and read lots but just wandering in a nutshell. The weather here is wonderful so I prefer to be outside in the garden.
My previous thoughts was dementia which may come and go can lead to Alzheimer's which is more permanent.
Thanks in advance to whoever takes the time to respond.
I also wanted to add that Harold has been missing a while now and I hope and pray he is found safe. We have seen it happen on here but I am beginning to wonder. :(

This is a good explanation.
http://www.alzheimers.net/difference-between-alzheimers-and-dementia/

My thoughts with his age and health that he may have been trying to head back to where he raced back in the day.
moo

Thinking of Harold and his family. Hoping for anwers soon.

No news is so disheartening. [emoji17] The weeks have seem to go by quickly but I imagine they are crawling by for his friends and family. Praying for closure soon for them and to bring Harold home. [emoji1317]

We drove by Harold's place last evening with sadness. Wondering if he could have fallen into the blackberry bushes and disappeared. I suppose dogs might have noticed, but the bushes are thick, and odor could have dissipated by the time the search began a few days later. :(

I thought for sure he would have been found by now regardless of the circumstances behinds his disappearance. [emoji853] I hope he gets to come home soon; I know his family and friends sure do miss him. [emoji22]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back