OR OR - Heather Thompson, 39, Roseburg, 4 Aug 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I though I heard the name before. I didn't look into it when I found it and wrote the post. I just thought it was odd. Thank you Missizzy. I seen a girl driving a truck that looked just like heather's, and I've been thinking about her all day. I just wish that the Police out there will find this sum bag that did it soon.

There's rarely a day that I don't check. I'm sure you've noticed that the Roseburg paper as well as the Medford and Ashland papers are all now by subscription on the internet. However, I run a check with my list of cases I'm watching every morning on the Register Guard of Eugene and the Portland Oregonian. I also check radio and TV internet sites.

I've also checked again and again about those two friends we were watching....nothing.

IIRC, TH lives across I-5 with her parents and I seriously doubt that she'd be involved in any criminal activity while so closely watched, especially right when she moved back to Roseburg.

Until we get some more info, I'm kind of stumped, sad to say. It's shocking to me that a vicious murder can happen in a small town and no one seems to know a single thing.

Ya I was looking at the newspaper articles and they all said you have to subscribe. I don't live in Oregon. Has there been more murders in the area that Heather lived in? I'm surprised that those two people haven't been watched or talked to by the police.

No murders with a similar MO, no. David Durham, the man who shot the LEO out at the coast is still on the run. But I've found that very few murders seem to go unsolved in Oregon. I know of a few but I don't see any connection...a troubled young pregnant woman over in Eastern Oregon, Nancy Bergeson, a federal defense attorney in Portland. The murder of the woman who was killed in Bend last summer was solved and her boyfriend was convicted. It's thought that meth played a strong role in that murder. Most murderers here seem to be caught quite quickly, IMO. Yes, there's some mysteries and disappearances but all in all, most murderers seem to be apprehended.

But please remember that I live in the Southern part of the state. There could be murders that I'm unaware of in Eugene, Salem and Portland that remain unsolved. But even with those bigger cities, there almost always seems to be a very timely arrest.

Other posters, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Has anyone heard anything new? Missizzy I don't live there, have they said anything on the news?

I check almost every day and I've found nothing at all. The only case we have here on WS that reminds me of Heather's is the murder of Audrey Gleave of Ontario, Canada. Ms. Gleave was brutally murdered with a "sexual component" to the death at her home, last December. A mentally ill transient man was initially arrested and held for 5 months before recently being released. The forensics did not pan out. Now LE is back to square one. There are a few details of that case which remind me of Heather's death.

But not a single word in the Oregon press about Heather or even the investigation, that I've seen. Heather's always on my mind, though.

I think of Heather all the time. I was outside the other day and a dragon fly landed on the table next to me and just sat there. It reminded me of her. I see stuff or hear stuff and I want to call her to tell her, or ask her for her opinion, but I can't. I pray that someone will come forward or the police will finally get someone.

That's so interesting that you'd mention dragonflies. I went outside today and there were hundreds. Beautiful blue dragonflies. I'd forgotten that Heather also used that name. Maybe it was a gentle reminder about her.

Until someone comes forward with information, I think we're at an impasse. I've not heard or read a thing. One or more people hold the key to this case. Can they really live with their conscience?

We're coming up to the summer solstice. I imagine Heather celebrated that event with joy. She's on my mind too.

A lot of time has passed and from what I understand, the police are still investigating... Heather's parents call LE every couple weeks looking for answers, but nothing new yet.

Her parents are going to be letting balloons go on her up coming 40th birthday on Jun 29th...

Aw that's sounds cool. Are you going only71stitches? Heather would love that. I wish I could be there.

I thought of Heather this morning as I always do when I see dragonflies. Oregon has been filled with dragonflies this Spring due to all our rain this winter. I'm certain Heather would have loved it.

Happy Birthday, Heather. We're not forgetting.

71stitches--Could you please pass along to the family that they have my prayers.

It was one year ago today that Heather Lynn (Wolf) Thompson was savagely, brutally murdered. No one has been arrested to this day... Why is that? It seems 2 or 3 people were involved in her death in some way, but no one has talked, no one has slipped up, no one has given any new clues... It seems no one really cares up there in Green, OR...

Green, OR, a small, sleepy, quiet town, that Heather moved to so she could get away from the crime filled, dirty, nasty area's of Southern California and Las Vegas, NV... Looking to change her life, to step into a new path for her self...

Well, so much for that...

71stitches--I don't forget. When I watched the crescent moon come up last night over Southern Oregon, I thought of Heather and this anniversary. Every time I see a dragonfly--and there are multitudes of them this year--I think of Heather. I simply do not understand why there's been so progress on this case--at least which has been reported.

Please pass along my thoughts and prayers to Heather's loved ones. I won't stop searching, I promise.

Today was a rough day. I've thought about her all day. I was praying that her case would be solved before a year come up. I seen a really big dragon fly today at work and it made me sad knowing she's not with us anymore, But it also kinda made me smile. I hope that was her coming to see me.
Only71stitches- I hope how ever many people that are involved in this crime or just knowing about it are found and put to justice. Please give my prays to her parents too.

How long ago did she move to Green? Did her bussiness partnership with her Brother in Law go smoothly ? Did she sell her share of the Bussiness when she moved .? I think her craft was involved a really mad client ?

Has anyone heard anything new? Missizzy you said you live near where Heather lived. Have you heard anything new?

bump... this case popped into my mind...sadly it looks like that there has been no progress...:(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinatrue
Back