OR OR - Jeremy Bright, 14, Myrtle Point, 14 Aug 1986

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I lived in North Bend-Coos Bay then & have followed this since day 1. Coos County is rural, heavily wooded, criss-crossed by rivers, creeks, steep canyons, a bay. I’ll never understand how his disappearance has remained unsolved. Myrtle Point & Coquille, just a few miles away, were & still are, small towns. I have no doubt some residents know what happened, but refuse to speak up. I think Jeremy & Johnny may have gone willingly, but were assaulted, killed, & bodies dumped

EDIT. Huge brain fog last night. I meant to write that I think Jeremy only went with TS & Johnny didn’t, but he suspected what happened.

I lived in North Bend-Coos Bay then & have followed this since day 1. Coos County is rural, heavily wooded, criss-crossed by rivers, creeks, steep canyons, a bay. I’ll never understand how his disappearance has remained unsolved. Myrtle Point & Coquille, just a few miles away, were & still are, small towns. I have no doubt some residents know what happened, but refuse to speak up. I think Jeremy & Johnny may have gone willingly, but were assaulted, killed, & bodies dumped
EDIT. Huge brain fog last night. I meant to write that I think Jeremy only went with TS & Johnny didn’t, but he suspected what happened.
JMO, but for Johnny to have gone so downhill in spite of help, he more than 'suspected'. He must've seen or heard something firsthand that utterly terrified him, but evaded detection by the perpetrators. That would explain his mental decline and why the perpetrators apparently didn't pursue him. Again, jmo.

Have they taken cadaver dogs out at that abandoned Cabin/house where they found the blood and sleeping bag? Knowing Oregon climate it'd probably be too late to get a scent now.. But you could still till up the ground and see if you could find anything.

The fact that according to sources they were covered in blood but not filthy makes me believe he probably was just dumped somewhere above ground.
RSBM
I would definitely check that abandoned place further. I don't think it was happenstance Johnny made that comment-- I think that was the closest his poor mind could come to a revealing statement. I was thinking an old well or cistern would be a good place to hide a body, that would involve little to no digging. If there were no nearby neighbors, smell and sound wouldn't be noticed.
As for poor Johnny's mental state, I feel he knew the 'investigation' wouldn't be productive, and was stuck with knowledge he couldn't safely share, and the awful memories he couldn't shake. JMO

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha