Found Deceased OR - Karissa Alyn Fretwell, 25, William "Billy" Fretwell, Toddler, Salem, 13 May 2019 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KARISSA FRETWELL: Bodies found in area where suspect Michael Wolfe often recreated, district attorney says | Salem Reporter

It's unclear exactly what led detectives to search the area. Berry and officials from the Yamhill County Sheriff's Office said they had searched the area previously and had come within 800 yards of the bodies in those searches.

Berry said a gun has also been recovered, but could not say where or how it was recovered in relation to the discovery of the bodies.

The property is private land owned by timber company Weyerhaeuser, which permits people to fish, hike and chop firewood, Berry said. He said Wolfe had often done such activities on that land.

The location is ultimately about 10 miles northwest of the city of Yamhill, where Northwest Turner Creek Road turns into a gravel road and leads into Weyerhaeuser's private roads.

KARISSA FRETWELL: Bodies found in area where suspect Michael Wolfe often recreated, district attorney says | Salem Reporter

It's unclear exactly what led detectives to search the area. Berry and officials from the Yamhill County Sheriff's Office said they had searched the area previously and had come within 800 yards of the bodies in those searches.

Berry said a gun has also been recovered, but could not say where or how it was recovered in relation to the discovery of the bodies.

The property is private land owned by timber company Weyerhaeuser, which permits people to fish, hike and chop firewood, Berry said. He said Wolfe had often done such activities on that land.

The location is ultimately about 10 miles northwest of the city of Yamhill, where Northwest Turner Creek Road turns into a gravel road and leads into Weyerhaeuser's private roads.
Tons of logging roads there. Hubby and son fish up there

Thank you so much for posting. Husband woke me up in the middle of the night to let me know they were found. I'm devastated but sure that Karissa and Billy are in a much happier and peaceful place.

Watching the video, when DA is questioned about MW's wife at about -11:47, he is shaking his head affirmatively "yes" even though he won't comment. He shakes his head this way to affirm other statements he makes as facts IMO. Policeman in the background seems to be reacting to that too.

I am so upset by the dates: abducted late night 13th/ early morning hours of 14th and known to be deceased by the 16th. My God, I hope they weren't suffering for that long.

Can you explain what the question about the wife was?

Is she implicated in concealing evidence?

I dreaded the moment that I would find out they were gone. It takes a real monster to take a mother and son's lives away from each other in such a horrific way. At least they will be together now. I hope there was no suffering and neither had to watch the other. It feels wrong to even be typing this! Poor family, at least they have closure and can bury them properly.

Can you explain what the question about the wife was?

Is she implicated in concealing evidence?
Sure, Question was: “can you say if Mr Wolf’s wife is a cooperating witness and what if any was her involvement?”

DA answered “...no I can’t say one way or another” then dodged direct question “is she a POI” but appeared to me IMO to shake head affirmatively while speaking

Sure, Question was: “can you say if Mr Wolf’s wife is a cooperating witness and what if any was her involvement?”

DA answered “...no I can’t say one way or another” then dodged direct question “is she a POI” but appeared to me IMO to shake head affirmatively while speaking
Things will change in a few days . JMO

BBM

Hmmm... I can imagine she'd have a motive as well...

Tons of logging roads there. Hubby and son fish up there

I live in Washington State right next to Weyhauser property. The permits are over $200 here. The company closely watches for activity and anything strange. They woods have been found eventually but I'm so glad they were found sooner rather than later.

I live in Washington State right next to Weyhauser property. The permits are over $200 here. The company closely watches for activity and anything strange. They woods have been found eventually but I'm so glad they were found sooner rather than later.

In the press conference, the DA said Karissa and Billy were “partially covered” and would not say whether the covering was “natural” or not. Why would MW or someone leave them partially exposed in the woods? Not buried, not hidden in something, but partially visible? For anyone to eventually find? Could there have been plans to come back for them?

Last edited:
Tyler Dumont on Twitter
Berry says the remains were found together in a “wooded area”, partially hidden by debris, on Saturday.
10:58 AM - 17 Jun 2019

Tyler Dumont on Twitter
The bodies were discovered by a member of the @MacFireOR, Berry says.
11:02 AM - 17 Jun 2019

Tyler Dumont on Twitter
DA Berry reveals that a gun was recovered during one of the early searches for the Fretwell’s. He says he doesn’t know what type of gun it was and they’re still looking to see if it was the weapon used to shoot and kill Karissa.
11:05 AM - 17 Jun 2019

Tyler Dumont on Twitter
When I asked Berry if they’ve put together a timeline as to when/where Karissa and William were murdered, Berry said he is confident the two were dead on May 16th - 3 days after they were last seen alive. He wouldn’t elaborate on where the murder happened.
11:09 AM - 17 Jun 2019

Tyler Dumont on Twitter
When asked what brought searchers to the rural area, which officials say is about 10 mi west of Yamhill, DA Berry would only say it was the result of “good detective work”. Won’t comment if it was a tip from 1 person - or if Wolfe shared info/has been cooperative.
11:12 AM - 17 Jun 2019

Tyler Dumont on Twitter
Berry says to date, investigators haven’t been able to find the white trash bag that Wolfe was allegedly seen carrying outside his work and caught on surveillance during the early morning hours of May 14. Because of that, they don’t know what may have been inside the bag.
11:14 AM - 17 Jun 2019

In the press conference, the DA said Karissa and Billy were “partially covered” and would not say whether the covering was “natural” or not. Why would MW or someone leave them partially exposed in the woods? Not buried, not hidden in something, but partially visible? For anyone to eventually find? Could there have been plans to come back for them?

Maybe hoping animals would help take care of them?

I am not sure I have ever commented here on this case but I have followed every bit of it and read it regularly here.

I, like most I am sure, are so sick of the creepy crawler monsters who because they are a nobody need to feel like a somebody and prey on the young, the naive or otherwise. I also fail to understand why any wife would stay with someone like this once she has solid knowledge of who he is, what he did and that he fathered a child with someone else. I question what she knew as well at the minimum.

A young girl and her beautiful son. Dead by the hand of someone who thinks control of her, not able to handle maybe she did not want him, and a dollar or two and what he needs matter more than the lives of two people, one of which was his own son.

The only justice is I doubt for one minute he considered spending the rest of his life in prison when his sick need for control overtook the one or two brain cells he may have had in his fat head.

Sick disgusting ugly .

RIP Karissa and baby.

Possibly to add more charges or Wolfe is implicating others, imo , which is why the arraignment date may change
In PC, DA advised that MW's lawyer informed that he already has another court date scheduled for 6/20 and wasn't sure he could make 1:30 scheduled time

But I do hope that will allow LE more time for more charges / evidence

This article has an excellent recap of the press conference.

Update: Bodies of Salem mother, 3-year-old son discovered in rural Yamhill County
[...]

At least 30 searchers were looking for the mother and son. The same area had been searched over a week ago and at one point, searchers were within 800 yards of the bodies but were unable to locate them, Berry said.

[...]

Berry did not explain what led them back to the area, only that there was more information gathered over time. "It was really good detective work," he said. "Putting pieces together, going through to begin narrowing the area that they needed to look."

[...]

A firearm has been recovered, but Berry said it hadn't been determined if it was the murder weapon. The weapon was not found with the bodies.

[...]

Berry reiterated there is physical evidence linking Wolfe to the murders. Authorities have executed about 20 search warrants in the investigation.

[...]

Berry has not confirmed the manner of death for William but said the DA's office has asked for the results to be rushed.

"This was really tough on investigators," he said. "They've been working relentlessly to find these two. It's a very different prosecution where we actually have the bodies..."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member