OR OR - Kelly James (dead), Brian Hall, 37, Jerry Cooke, 36, Mt. Hood Climbers, Dec 2006

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They have managed to narrow the diameter of the area of interest, given the cell phone pings they've received and the notes left behind by the climbers.

They are fairly confident that what they are zeroeing in on is a snow cave, but they want to emphasize that they don't know anything right now. It could be that once they get to the snow cave, that they will have to pull out and their target area could become larger.

The Chinook is up there and they should have people dropped down on the ground soon, if not already. The snow cave is in the area where there the cell phone signal was from Tuesday AM.

The equipment they've spotted near the cave appears to be an ice spike and a coil of rope.

cricket said:
I sure hope that the other two are in that cave with Kelly James!

Cricket, that is what I am wondering also. I thought they left, but hopefully they returned and they are all there together.

This lastest guy is not confirming footprints.

Confirming footprints now. Going toward summit, then wind blows trace of them further away. 300 feet below summit.

The guy from the air national guard is emphasizing that the rescuers are going to climb/descend down - there is no hiking involved. That it's rough going, dangerous.

The position of the snow cave is about 300 feet below the summit. On the north side.

This guy is saying snow caves are virtually soundproof and anyone alive in the cave might not even hear the helicopter.

cwiz24 said:
This guy is saying snow caves are virtually soundproof and anyone alive in the cave might not even hear the helicopter.

I heard that and it made me feel better! This could be a great day! I'm waiting on pins and needles with the rest of you :)

now saying it will be slow going, since they have to use picks and ropes. it's not easy. it will be tough, but they will be careful to not risk the rescuer's lives.

if they find the climbers, they would probably take them directly to a hospital.

Confirmation of a snow cave.

Chinook has just lowered 2 men to that site {10 rescuers there now}

Found foorprints, an ice pick and coil of rope and a giant Y carved in the ice pointing to the cave.

The Y they say is a traditional way of saying 'Yes, we are here and need hel[!

:woohoo:

We know someone is alive up there, as he said about the equipment, "somebody had to put it there". They don't know yet when the ice carved Y was done.

The footprints could have been there for several days, it depends on the condition of the surface, but footprints could remain days after they were made.

YES...........YES............YES..........

Yes we are here...........Oh my .........I just got home to the Y explaination on TV. Gosh, and the little tidbits around.........
Are we on the edge of our seats?

I can hardly stand this ..........I have to find JBean to make me one of her famous drinks she posts on here.......J...Bean, where are you.

This is great news so far........keep praying.

CNN is showing the rescuers live and it looks like they are getting really, really close!

CNN is showing live pictures of SARs on the mountain, but it's not clear that these SARs are on the 11k foot summit. They could be on a different section of the mountain.

cricket said:
CNN is showing live pictures of SARs on the mountain, but it's not clear that these SARs are on the 11k foot summit. They could be on a different section of the mountain.

Ah you're right. Thanks for clearing that up.

Sassygerl said:
Ah you're right. Thanks for clearing that up.
It's fascinating to watch - wherever it is on the mountain!

I brought work home from work - LOL - I'll never get it done today! I'm praying for the climbers and the SARs.

Is there live coverage anywhere we can listen to on the internet? TIA.

FOX NEWS also showing some feed, boy, man is so small when taking in the entire picture....so scarry and most dangerous. They mentioned, it might be possible to show the exact area of the snowcave---soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmoh4
Back