OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
my daughter's school is having a talent show this coming tuesday in the afternoon - all parents are invited.

It's not that parents can't come in the afternoon. Some who work nights do. Our schools are small and the gym doesn't even hold all the parents in the evening so if we all showed up in the day along with all the other students it would be an impossible situation. I understood this school to be quite small also. I remember my whole family going to my younger siblings events in the daytime but the schools were larger.

Wow...what's this I see...the voice of reason???? There has NEVER been even the slightest bit of confirmation that Kyron was to do anything but be in the audience at the talent show. As a shy kid, it seems doubtful he was to do anything other than stand up for a song performance by the whole class. It is quite doubtful that all 275 students had an individual performance, that is a ridiculous idea. Most schools limit participation to either certain older grade levels or have some kind of tryouts to eliminate acts down to about an hour or so of performances.

jmoo

Another student's mom was quoted saying Kyron was supposed to appear in the Talent Show.

ETA: “Schreiber said Kyron was supposed to perform in the school's talent show at 1 p.m. but she didn't see him there.”
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/still_no_trace_of_kyron_horman.html

Has anyone here followed the Riley Fox case - 3YO Riley was taken right from her living room when sleeping, raped, murdered, and thrown in the river. They recently made an arrest of a child predator who lived just a couple blocks away, was one of their first suspects, only to be replaced by Riley's dad. Dad has won millions in a lawsuit from Illinois for - well you name it. And those who thought dad was guilty seem to continue to think he is guilty even in spite of DNA evidence proving otherwise. moo

I follow Riley's case never did believe the dad was guilty. But I think was the only one.

Tonight the parents will be on 20/20
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=7492816

snip:
The big question is: Were investigators so zeroed in that it was Kevin Fox that they missed other clues? Now we learn that a suspect in a burglary right across the street on the same night the Fox's daughter disappeared is the suspect, who was about a mile from the Fox's home," said Muir

I know the case. She was a beautiful looking little girl. Are you saying they had a recent arrest in the case, or just in the past?

Fairly recent arrest of a sexual predator, his DNA matched what was found in Riley's sexual assault kit. Remember that they failed to test the DNA to see if it matched Dad's, they interrogated him into a false confession, and eventually released him from prison when he got a good defense attorney who showed the confession was false.

Can't remember the creep they just arrested, but he lived a couple blocks from the home and his girlfriend was suspicious and called ISP. His DNA matched. He is a child predator with a record. moo

No the talent show as at 1ish in the afternoon, and she didn't realize Kyron was missing until 3:45 or so.

Sorry I was unclear. I know when he went missing...but maybe she had planned to attend in the evening rather than at 1:00 if there was more than one show planned. At our schools we have afternoon for students and evening shows for parents. If she were going in the evening he was missing already.

Kaine requested a horse pasture in Banks to be searched. Belonging to???

I can not find the media link to that though, so, is that true?

My understanding is the bio-dad of the step brother requested that - right?

Kyron has a step brother (Terri's older son- who does not live with them, and he has a different dad than Kyron.)

The questions about the bus stop are because it was reported that step mom and dad met the bus and talked to the bus driver and discovered he was not on it. People are wondering if the bus would even stop if he was not on it. If you look at the bus schedule I posted earlier, you can get an idea of where the bus stops. There is one other house on their road that it stops at.

http://www.pps.k12.or.us/depts-c/bus/bus_out.php?school=SKY&upload_date=4/27/2010

162xx NW SHELTERED NOOK RD 3:30 PM 146
15725 NW SHELTERED NOOK RD 3:31 PM 146 (Kyron's house)

It is reported the SM called 911, right? Why not Dad if he was there too? Just curious?

I could see a bus driver stopping if a known parent of a regular bus rider were standing at the stop. She may not have even realized he wasn't on the bus.... I really have no idea, but do they actually take a roll on the bus??

Has anyone here followed the Riley Fox case - 3YO Riley was taken right from her living room when sleeping, raped, murdered, and thrown in the river. They recently made an arrest of a child predator who lived just a couple blocks away, was one of their first suspects, only to be replaced by Riley's dad. Dad has won millions in a lawsuit from Illinois for - well you name it. And those who thought dad was guilty seem to continue to think he is guilty even in spite of DNA evidence proving otherwise. moo

Are you saying LE is handling this case wrong and pointing the fingers at the wrong perp and refusing to test DNA?

I follow Riley's case never did believe the dad was guilty. But I think was the only one.

Tonight the parents will be on 20/20
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=7492816

snip:
The big question is: Were investigators so zeroed in that it was Kevin Fox that they missed other clues? Now we learn that a suspect in a burglary right across the street on the same night the Fox's daughter disappeared is the suspect, who was about a mile from the Fox's home," said Muir

Just yesterday there was a public apology to Kevin Fox on behalf of Illinois LE. They are doing an internal investigation as to why Riley's dad became the sole focus.

FYI - I also thought Kevin was innocent and felt sick for the entire family for what ISP put them through. They deserve the millions they were awarded. Interesting that many of the people who thought dad was guilty continue to think so even with an arrest and a DNA match with a child sex predator. moo

Wow...what's this I see...the voice of reason???? There has NEVER been even the slightest bit of confirmation that Kyron was to do anything but be in the audience at the talent show. As a shy kid, it seems doubtful he was to do anything other than stand up for a song performance by the whole class. It is quite doubtful that all 275 students had an individual performance, that is a ridiculous idea. Most schools limit participation to either certain older grade levels or have some kind of tryouts to eliminate acts down to about an hour or so of performances.

jmoo

Nora Schreiber, a Skyline parent and volunteer...

Schreiber said Kyron was supposed to perform in the school's talent show at 1 p.m. but she didn't see him there.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/still_no_trace_of_kyron_horman.html

My understanding is the bio-dad of the step brother requested that - right?

Kyron has a step brother (Terri's older son- who does not live with them, and he has a different dad than Kyron.)

No, the article said Kaine requested that.

searchers also have responded to requests from Kyron’s father, Kaine, about areas where the boy may be, including a horse pasture in Banks, which was searched Sunday.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/ground_search_resumes_this_mor.html

this is right underneath the easter pic.

i think i may hang on my husband for support to comfort me...if my child was missing

at the news conference at noon today they said they were still stopping people, drivers etc who may have seen anything during the time kyron was on his way to school.

Are you saying LE is handling this case wrong and pointing the fingers at the wrong perp and refusing to test DNA?

They coerced a false confession from dad Fox, failed to test his DNA with the DNA found on Riley, arrested him, only to let him go and finally, years later, arrest a child predator with a record living just blocks away for the crime. DNA match. moo Long and very tragic case.
Sorry to be off topic that's it for now.

Watch the video again, (post #9) and look at 3:59-4:04.

Gosh, which top 30 city (population) do you live in that does not have that sort of wackiness?
I don't have that impression from the cops I work with here, that's all. And it's probably cabin fever from everyone being stuck in side this month! :crazy:

Plus, we have donuts.

Portland leads the U.S. in the trafficking of children, # 1.

Just catching up on the thread, I saw the Dad and stepdad spoke today, good to hear from them, My prayers go out to the faimlies , and may Kyron come home safely.

No, the article said Kaine requested that.

searchers also have responded to requests from Kyron’s father, Kaine, about areas where the boy may be, including a horse pasture in Banks, which was searched Sunday.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/ground_search_resumes_this_mor.html

this is right underneath the easter pic.

That's interesting. That looks to me like his daddy thinks that's some place Kyron may have liked to visit. I sure would like to know if they went riding there, or went to feed the horses or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme