OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
a few questions i have,

1. was kyron REALLY supposed to participate in the talent show?
2. if so, why would a SAHM not have been there?
3. where was the baby when kyron was taken to school

My take on this is that the SM and Kyron were seen inside the school. No one said they saw the baby. So whoever was watching the baby is a witness to the SM coming back home at a certain hour without Kyron and evidence that she was at home on Facebook. If she did do something to Kyron she had to do it in record speed, right?

My take on the family on the presser is the biomom (Desiree) was not affectionate to the SM. Even Desires husband was cold towards her. IMO. I noticed that when Desiree's husband was finished speaking he did not go back between Desiree and SM, he went on the other side. They IMO they did not exhibit any affection whatsoever toward SM. Both the husbands were though.

Hope they find this sweet little boy today...

It appeared to me as well that Desiree didn't want anything to do with SM. I don't really find that strange in this situation though. Ex wives and current wives aren't typically the best of friends in the best of times, and given the timing of the divorce and the SM being involved with the husband and raising the child from infancy, people often hold hard feelings about things like that.

I really don't think Desiree giving Terri the cold shoulder means a whole lot in terms of how and why Kyron went missing or figuring out where he is.

pufnstuf

You know SM's son was living w/her parents and then at a later date his Dad's,so it's possibly shared custody there also.Now adays I see where parents are working out more arrangements of the kids to share lives with both sides of thier family.I guess it's just something they get used to.

PS- OK one more from me, and then I am taking a break.

If the parents had done this a week ago, or over the weekend, there would have been far less of the scrutiny they have since undergone, IMO. I would think a liason would have told them that, just go out there, get it over with, and then retreat. JMO.

ITA. The aunt or Desiree's husband could have been the speaker for the family. Also I think that LE should have told us the family has given there DNA, there cars were tested and everyone passed the ldt. That would have been the end of it. Then everyone could have moved on. But thats JMO.

frankly, while it seemed obvious to me that desiree wanted nothing to do with terri, it did not seem odd in any way. i'm NOT pointing any fingers, but i believe i'd be pretty cold to the last person i knew of that had my child who is now missing. no matter who that person was.

I think I'm going to have my SAR buddy up here in WA over for BBQ this weekend and name drop... lol... see if anything slips... lol :D

I just watched the video and I have 2 observations.

While Tony is speaking, his wife Desiree is standing stoically. Terri reaches over to her and puts her head on Desiree's shoulder. And it looks to me like Terri is speaking to Desiree while Tony is talking. I can see her lips moving. I do not see Desiree respond to Terri in any way, either verbally or physically.

Is this my imagination?

Now, this, possibly, could be why they did not come forward in the media previously. The captain tried to make it very clear that they stood "together today as a family" for some reason.

I also wonder why the statements from both step-father and father did not beg for someone to bring Kyron home but were thanks to the searchers, etc., and messages to Kyron himself only.

To me (and this is my opinion only) it looked like Desiree was trying very very hard to not completely fall apart. She had her arms held tightly to her body like she was trying to hold herself up. I did not see her change her position at any point before or after Terri spoke to her. I think she's in so much pain and fear that she was just trying to remain upright until she could get out of the public eye.

1. I have nothing to say about the vid of the family. People are wrong no matter which way they analyze.

2. I am wondering about the school bus drop-off that was initially brought up yesterday by another poster.

I, too, live out in the country in another state. My children were dropped off at my house when in elementary school. When in junior high, they were dropped off at a drop off spot and had to walk to my house about 1/2 mile away.

When my oldest child was in JR high, a friend's child was kidnapped (never to be seen again, but at night and 150 miles from me), I changed every child's school situation, even though my oldest was in jr. high, that they went to a baby sitter , my parent's house, or to a friend's house after school as I worked.

The bus would not stop at my house if my children were not on the school bus. There would be no reason to.

I am wondering if another child lived where the bus would drop off Kyron ( which I would assume would be at his house at that age, but then maybe not)

Otherwise, why would the bus stop?

The bus certainly wouldn't stop to talk to a parent. The driver would just drive on by.

3. If kyron is in the woods alone, he could not be alive, I feel.

We have had rain here the last couple of days, and even sheltered under pine trees, the rain and wind would cause hypothermia.

4. If it's not an abduction and he didn't wander, what is it? Seriously, can anyway hint to me without TOS what it could be?

No reward money? Is it being implied that a family member made arrangements to meet Kyron and take him for some reason?

Just checking back in after a long day of being away. Am I reading that the parents appeared on camera before the media? Anyone have a link handy?

Also is there going to be another presser at 4?

TIA!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say what I observed.

For the Mods: If this is offensive or goes over the line, please delete it. I don't mean it as pointing fingers, just what I observed.

I don't know if Terri has anything to do with Kyron's disappearance. So far I've been supportive of her and not suspected her, but seeing her at the presser did raise questions for me.

First, who knows what normal is in a situation like this. But that being said, I felt that the way she was leaning on her husband, looking up at him etc was very "Comfort ME. Make ME feel better. Feel sorry for ME."

She wasn't crying. She was trying to look sad, but she didn't actually seem sad. She didn't seem genuine.

So, saying that, she might have been scared and not known how to act with the world watching her. God knows that would be terrifying. I just felt as though Kyron's bio mom seemed to behave like we would expect-real tears, trying her best to keep it together, almost like she could collapse in a heap right there on the floor.

Again-if I was offensive or stepped over the line, I apologize.
This is EXACTLY what I thought.

I see a family that has done what most can't, that is support one another, and continue to be friends. I can not deny looking at the presser closely and looking to see something anything that would help figure out where Kyron is, or who knows where he is and I didn't find it. What I did see in SM is a women that reacts in front of a crowd kind of like I do. I freak in front of people and I try very hard to hide it as it is embarrassing. I once gave a bridal shower for my sister in law, I knew everyone there I stood up to direct the games and blacked out everyone's face all the while trying to keep the shakes out of my voice I thought I was gonna pass out and there was no need for these feeling I knew and loved them all!!! Lots of story's like this I could share and its awful I truly end up not even being able to see the people in front of me, Not to mention this women has got to have all kinds of thoughts running threw her head about 'what people are thinking, do they think it was me, all of that and more I am sure. I can't imagine standing in her shoes for a second nor am I going to try. I stand by this extended family until something or someone proves other wise to me. I pray Kyron is found and returned to his extended loving family very soon. I send out heart felt Thanks to all those helping to find Kyron God Speed....Bring him home!

Where is it coming from that Kyron didn't wander off? Was that from LE? Was it in the presser? The Q&A after the presser? In a news article?

Would appreciate a link or something to point me to where I can find it.

TIA

It appeared to me as well that Desiree didn't want anything to do with SM. I don't really find that strange in this situation though. Ex wives and current wives aren't typically the best of friends in the best of times, and given the timing of the divorce and the SM being involved with the husband and raising the child from infancy, people often hold hard feelings about things like that.

I really don't think Desiree giving Terri the cold shoulder means a whole lot in terms of how and why Kyron went missing or figuring out where he is.

I agree with you, esp with your last sentence, I should have said that.

To me (and this is my opinion only) it looked like Desiree was trying very very hard to not completely fall apart. She had her arms held tightly to her body like she was trying to hold herself up. I did not see her change her position at any point before or after Terri spoke to her. I think she's in so much pain and fear that she was just trying to remain upright until she could get out of the public eye.

She also kept touching her stomach, almost as though there was a giant hole within her now. I know that's how I would feel-completely empty and broken.

I'm not touchy feeley and I will involuntarily lean away from someone who touches me or hugs me that I am not close to (really, other than my husband or kids). I try to work on it, I really do, but I notice it happening even when I like someone.

I did notice the coldness towards Terri. But who knows if it is because she despises Terri, if she was just too distraught, or if she doesn't like people touching her and she didn't mean it to be cold. But there was a definite lack of reciprocation of the gesture.

1. I have nothing to say about the vid of the family. People are wrong no matter which way they analyze.

2. I am wondering about the school bus drop-off that was initially brought up yesterday by another poster.

I, too, live out in the country in another state. My children were dropped off at my house when in elementary school. When in junior high, they were dropped off at a drop off spot and had to walk to my house about 1/2 mile away.

When my oldest child was in JR high, a friend's child was kidnapped (never to be seen again, but at night and 150 miles from me), I changed every child's school situation, even though my oldest was in jr. high, that they went to a baby sitter , my parent's house, or to a friend's house after school as I worked.

The bus would not stop at my house if my children were not on the school bus. There would be no reason to.

I am wondering if another child lived where the bus would drop off Kyron ( which I would assume would be at his house at that age, but then maybe not)

Otherwise, why would the bus stop?

The bus certainly wouldn't stop to talk to a parent. The driver would just drive on by.

3. If kyron is in the woods alone, he could not be alive, I feel.

We have had rain here the last couple of days, and even sheltered under pine trees, the rain and wind would cause hypothermia.

4. If it's not an abduction and he didn't wander, what is it? Seriously, can anyway hint to me without TOS what it could be?

No reward money? Is it being implied that a family member made arrangements to meet Kyron and take him for some reason?

Very good question about the bus stop drop off and if any other kids get let off the bus there. You are right, if no other kids get dropped off - why would the bus stop? Here is a link to Skyline bus routes and times. I haven't had time to analyze it yet: http://www.pps.k12.or.us/depts-c/bus/bus_out.php?school=SKY&upload_date=4/27/2010

Just checking back in after a long day of being away. Am I reading that the parents appeared on camera before the media? Anyone have a link handy?

Also is there going to be another presser at 4?

TIA!

There's a link to both the noon presser and the family speaking in Kyron's media thread. The link to Kyron's thread is in my signature.

HTH

I am just thinking out loud, while my cookies bake...it seems a long time, 7-8 days for no one to be ruled out as a potential POI. Maybe LE has ruled out some of the family but not all, and do not want to say this publicly so as to not start rumors about who is in and who is out. And may also account for any added tension between family-by-marriage members.

But the fact that no one is calling for anyone to return this child, makes me think that LE is looking at/for a lost child or looking for a body. JMO

pufnstuf

You know SM's son was living w/her parents and then at a later date his Dad's,so it's possibly shared custody there also.Now adays I see where parents are working out more arrangements of the kids to share lives with both sides of thier family.I guess it's just something they get used to.

I have several divorced friends with young children who have custodial arrangements that are extremely flexible. It is becoming more and more common among two-household family's for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with abuse, neglect, or abandonment by a parent. It has more to do with parent's ever-increasing/hectic work schedules and parents being more willing to "roll with it" for the sake of the kids, rather than adhering to a rigid "no-exceptions" visitation schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme