OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the news tonight I was stunned to see Kyron only weighed 50 lbs. Is that standard for a boy his age?

I also just read for the first time in this case that a white car with a female driver was seen driving on a dead end road near the school - twice, the day he went missing.

I would love to learn more about that !!! I assume the one shot of the oriental lady driving the white car with the boy wearing glasses in the front seat is one of those sightings? Ta

Hi Scandi! :blowkiss:

Here is the info about the "white pick up truck" - totally unrelated to vw Kyron look-a-like.

A white truck driven by a lady was seen by Jim Kelley and his neighbor Fri at 3 pm and Sat at 2 am near his home off of Cornelius Pass.

"We had two odd sightings of a vehicle on our road Friday," Kelley said. Around 3 p.m., he and a neighbor reported seeing a white pick-up truck with a female driver pull to the end of the long road, idle and then turn around. Then again at 2 a.m. Saturday morning, a similar white pickup truck appeared, idled and when a neighbor loosed her dogs, eased away.

"A, it was strange to have a car there, any car there, that we didn't know, and B, it was strange to have a vehicle come down our dead-end road twice in the same day, hours after a little boy goes missing," said Kelley. "That's beyond rare."

Kelley said authorities have twice searched the deep ravine, creek and railroad tracks located near the end of his street by air and on foot.
According to http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/day_three_search_continues_hun.html

hi all.....

Can someone please clarify for me if it has been stated where the older stepbrother currently is??????

IS he at school right now? has this been confirmed??

Might answer a few questions as to stepmums demeanour and why bio mum was a bit off to her....

-also taking the pet (if it is in fact missing)

-also Kyron leaving the school with someone he knows......"unique situation"

-The fact that in the press conference they seem to be talking to Kyron directly.

Also it has never been established why he is living with his grandparents..other than to train a horse and be nearer to his father......and go to her old school...I dont buy that...

I did not want to mention this as it is very sensitive to my family but my 17 year old stepdaughter lives with her grandparents.....she lived with us for 5 years and I can tell you now it was because of problems and a family on the verge of a divorce unless there was an intervention....I am not proud of this at all but do know that this is more common than it should be....

I therefore wonder if it some form of payback by a very hurt teen and/or his dad......

I truly hope this is the case and they have him somewhere safe but just not telling the police where...

PLEASE THIS IS JUST AN IDEA....

hi all.....

Can someone please clarify for me if it has been stated where the older stepbrother currently is??????

Might answer a few questions as to stepmums demeanour and why bio mum was a bit off to her....

-The fact that in the press conference they seem to be talking to Kyron directly.

Also it has never been established why he is living with his grandparents..other than to train a horse and be nearer to his father......and go to her old school...I dont buy that...

I did not want to mention this as it is very sensitive to my family but my 17 year old stepdaughter lives with her grandparents.....she lived with us for 5 years and I can tell you now it was because of problems and a family on the verge of a divorce unless there was an intervention....I am not proud of this at all but do know that this is more common than it should be....

I therefore wonder if it some form of payback by a very hurt teen and/or his dad......

I truly hope this is the case and they have him somewhere safe but just not telling the police where...

You took the words right out of my mouth revampz. You have stated your thoughts very respectfully and I agree agree with you 100%.

hi all.....

We haven't been talking about the SB (yet) because he is a juvenile and a family member. We probably shouldn't start now. I do believe the time will come soon.

I always thought it was critical to have family speak out to the public because if someone had/has information they are more likely to speak up seeing the family. So now that this has taken place and if it is some type of abduction maybe they will start getting the tips they need, again if this is the case.
Even if Kyron kept walking in a straight path he would of hit roads, right... Have they searched the whole area behind and next to the school reaching to the roads?

I was just looking at the search pics on part 10 and wow, it looks really tough. Lots of ferns or something like it growing all over the place.

First post for Kyron, so excuse if this has already been discussed. I was thinking about the SM's trip to the gym to workout, and how it was wondered why she would, when her child was missing. Well, what if the parents have their suspicions about someone at the gym, who befriended Kyron there? Seems the family spent lots of time at the gym, and maybe someone showed a special interest in Kyron. Someone Kyron might have mentioned his science project to.

This person might have gone to the science fair that morning, someone who would not look terribly out of place, being there. Sees Kyron and his SM together, she/he waits for SM to leave and then makes contact with Kyron.

I imagine LE asked the parents if anyone showed an interest in Kyron, that was more than average. Parents think of that person at the gym, and feel they must go to see them, just to see how they react to Kyron's disappearance. It might also explain why they did not want to speak to the reporters who followed them there, only to hurry away. Were their suspicions correct, and they left the gym that day scared for what they feared?

Does anyone have a fear that we may never know what happened? Prayers for Kyron

They haven't found any of his clothing, shoes, his glasses, so that is a good sign. It is possible he is still alive, but could be with someone. Did someone say his dad was in LE, a detective? I may have misread the post.

They haven't found any of his clothing, shoes, his glasses, so that is a good sign. It is possible he is still alive, but could be with someone. Did someone say his dad was in LE, a detective? I may have misread the post.

His bio mom's husband is or was involved in LE apparently.

Does anyone have a fear that we may never know what happened? Prayers for Kyron

I have been reading about other Missing Kids and yes, I have had that worry. I think about Lindsey Baum, up in Washington state. It's been over a year now and still no sign of her. It's like she just vanished. How can the parents and other loved ones go on? I know they do, but it's so hard to imagine.

I'm sorry to be O/T, I have been following this from the beginning, but keeping my thoughts to myself until we have more info. But my question is, I read, some 10 million threads ago (if I am remembering correctly) there there was a father and a child and the child went missing and they never found him/her. Who was that? What was the father and/or child's name?

Yes, it is. Kyron is 3'8" and 50 pounds - this is actually within range. His height is in the 3rd percentile, but his weight is in the 44th percentile. So he is little shorter than average, but he is heavier than 44% of other boys his age.

I think I have a giant! I don't know how tall she is (haven't measured in a while) but my 4.5 year old is 50 pounds on the dot! She's a teeny bit chunky, I wouldn't even say chunky, more like her arms and legs seem to still have a little bit of that baby fat left, but she is not overweight. At her 4 year check up, she was 49 pounds and they didn't say a word about it (I was scared they might)!

Praying for Kyron! Everyone keep at it all day. Pray pray pray. Maybe our prayers will be answered today.

Watching the news tonight I was stunned to see Kyron only weighed 50 lbs. Is that standard for a boy his age?

I also just read for the first time in this case that a white car with a female driver was seen driving on a dead end road near the school - twice, the day he went missing.

I would love to learn more about that !!! I assume the one shot of the oriental lady driving the white car with the boy wearing glasses in the front seat is one of those sightings? Ta

My son was always skinny as a rail. He's filled out nicely over the years. Some kids are just slighter than others -- but 50 lbs. for 7 years isn't alarming to me. What's alarming to me are the number of 7 year olds who weigh 75 pounds or more.

I didn't bother to read more than a few posts in the last two threads after the family appeared before the press conference. No point in getting my blood pressure sky high before I have to go to bed.

I will say what I saw was a devastated family. Two fathers trying their best to hold it together, and two moms who simply looked... empty, their eyes just looked dead. I worry about all involved, but I hope that in addition to having a liason, LE has provided counselors. Looking at D and T in that video, I'm very concerned for them both. I also hope that there is someone who is available to help take care of the little sister, too.

Does anyone know if they are searching today and where?What's going on?

I didn't bother to read more than a few posts in the last two threads after the family appeared before the press conference. No point in getting my blood pressure sky high before I have to go to bed.

I will say what I saw was a devastated family. Two fathers trying their best to hold it together, and two moms who simply looked... empty, their eyes just looked dead. I worry about all involved, but I hope that in addition to having a liason, LE has provided counselors. Looking at D and T in that video, I'm very concerned for them both. I also hope that there is someone who is available to help take care of the little sister, too.
I think it was pretty obvious that the relationship between D and T is very strained, which is no surprise in this situation. I imagine that being the stepmom can make her feel powerless even with all she's done for Kyron because she's not his biological parent.

I have not been able to keep up much the past couple of days. And it looks today will be another day I'm not gonna be able to.

Still praying for Kyron and his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member