OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that confirmed? That they are searching the Pumpkin Patch on Sauvie?
There are 2 major one, but only one with that name.
I'd appreciate some background for that, please.

Not Emma, but; No link that I know of, just it was discussed back a few threads that LE were searching that Island and there was a pumpkin patch on it. I am interested in the other one.

Again, looking at the map (link in my sig) you can see that this is not near the school. Rocky Butte (NE 92nd) is significantly far from the Kyron sites.

That question was posed in one of the last 2 PCs; "no comment".

Well aren't you ambitious today! Can't blame you.. finally, a glorious weather day. I'm not sure how I'd feel about going into the park today.. or out to Sauvie (and I have an urgent need out there from my favorite nursery!).

I'm trying to catch up on the missing pet deal.. anyone want to throw me a link or just say if it was debunked/not?
ETA--the only external reference I've found to it is in a comment on an oregonlive.com story.
How far away is it?It's not Kyron.It was a hiker?I just find it very interesting he was found the same day Kyron came up missing.

This may be be-laboring a point I made earlier, however.....

....that science project was certainly an EXCEPTIONAL effort. It was organized and structured and very visually stunning. I don't believe Kyron did the majority of the work putting it together, and indeed we have been told in a news reports that his SM helped him with it.

My sense is that there was pressure to do an exceptional effort on this project. The pressure certainly could have come from Kyron himself. He may be a perfectionist at his young age. At the very least, I would guess he is a high-achiever, perhaps even an over-achiever, judging by this project. I have not heard mention of his standing in his class, and indeed on the surface it wouldn't be pertinent to finding him. Yet if he DID have usually high expectations of himself, falling short of that may have played a role in his disappearance.

Were the science fair projects judged, and were awards and winners designated?

Is that confirmed? That they are searching the Pumpkin Patch on Sauvie?
There are 2 major one, but only one with that name.
I'd appreciate some background for that, please.

PDX, yes, me too. Interesting that I'm not finding it on a quick look. But I'll keep looking.

I could be confusing what I thought was a sauvie island search article with a 911 scanner call (found that one) requesting a search of a pumpkin patch a while.

ETA: found it!

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_family_makes_emo.html

A small crew on horseback headed to Sauvie Island, where members of a mounted sheriff's posse went house to house beneath gradually clearing skies. The sound of clopping hooves mixed with the thwock-thwock of helicopter blades from an Oregon National Guard UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter flying overhead.

The helicopter made passes along a north-south line as the mounted riders headed north along Sauvie Island Road, riding through orchards and across the island's farm fields and pumpkin patches.

OK, I know this has been asked and not answered, as with so may other questions, but did all of the other kids take their projects home on that Friday? I don't know when that photo was taken showing the room empty. If so, how WAS he supposed to get his project home?

I just asked the same question, I was told that SM sent e-mail to teacher to make arrangements to pick it up, but I also heard the e-mail was just a rumor, so IDK.

This may be be-laboring a point I made earlier, however.....

....that science project was certainly an EXCEPTIONAL effort. It was organized and structured and very visually stunning. I don't believe Kyron did the majority of the work putting it together, and indeed we have been told in a news reports that his SM helped him with it.

My sense is that there was pressure to do an exceptional effort on this project. The pressure certainly could have come from Kyron himself. He may be a perfectionist at his young age. At the very least, I would guess he is a high-achiever, perhaps even an over-achiever, judging by this project. I have not heard mention of his standing in his class, and indeed on the surface it wouldn't be pertinent to finding him. Yet if he DID have usually high expectations of himself, falling short of that may have played a role in his disappearance.

Were the science fair projects judged, and were awards and winners designated?

BBM
If this was the first day of the fair, I don't think it was judged that early in the morning yet. I could be wrong.

That picture of the location of the classroom is unnerving. Perfect situation for a child to be gone in an instant.

However, I would think that the classroom door would be open until all the children get in the room. Or don't people think that is the case.

Is there air conditioning in this school? Then the door would be shut.

The shades could be down at night because the sun shines in the PM and not in the AM.

I am map impaired. Which way are the windows in that classroom?

-d72b99ec110a87d3_custom_665xauto.jpg

A search and rescue grid in a nearby field on day three in the search for Kyron Horman​

-883d98ae943f5c4c_custom_665xauto.jpg

the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue team, searches a private property on Cornelius Pass, in northwest Portland on June 6, 2010.​

-9a754488c5d1096f_custom_665xauto.jpg

Multnomah County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue team prepare to search a private property on Cornelius Pass,​

-9e6bd90e809a24c7_custom_665xauto.jpg
The scene at Skyline School on June 6, 2010 of the search for Kyron Horman.​

We don't know what happened to Somer or who killed her. I also don't remember one story stating that the police lived with the family while the investigation went on.

my thoughts on this.
Le stayed with the family.Somer was found at a dump site.Jarred Harrell is accused of killing her.He is up for the death penalty.It's under trials on here.

How far away is it?It's not Kyron.It was a hiker?I just find it very interesting he was found the same day Kyron came up missing.

This scenario (not necessarily this body) could lead us down another avenue. They might know who (if anyone) took KH but they have since taken his/her own life and LE are not in a position obviously to question to ascertain KH's location - now I think that is a scary situation.

Praying you'll be found soon Kyron :praying:

I just asked the same question, I was told that SM sent e-mail to teacher to make arrangements to pick it up, but I also heard the e-mail was just a rumor, so IDK.
There is lot of discussion about that email and I am trying to find the source of it right now.

This is a good example of why we try to keep rumor off the threads. It has been mentioned so many times that it is taken as fact.

It still very well may be, but I am still looking.

www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/fcs/pdfs/Bully_guide.pdf

In general, I was thinking about bullying, even subtle bullying. Particularly since Kyron's classroom had both 2nd and 3rd graders. I was the youngest one in my class so there was up to a 1-year chrono difference between me and the other kids, more in terms of emotional maturity. With two grades combined that could be a 2-year difference or even more depending on chronological age and emotional maturity. Seems to me like a set-up for bullying behavior? I don't know, so I'm throwing this out to y'all.

The article linked above says that 3rd graders are into "it's not fair" --- and that just got me thinking about Kyron having gotten help from his family on his science project.... and maybe a kid or two teasing him about it not being fair as they toured the other rooms in groups of 6... Apparently we've heard Kyron wasn't there at the end of the tour (from a child interviewed on tv with his grandmother's permission).

Big question is was there a head count at the beginning also? If so, then he could've been touring with the group between 9 and 10am. Did he lag behind? LE must have found a child or two who could remember the last exhibit Kyron was at with them with some certainty? I wonder if LE geared up after getting a better idea of which classroom Kyron was last seen touring through? Or if a child heard/saw Kyron getting picked on?

Although there was also a talent show that afternoon at 1PM, wouldn't kids have noticed he wasn't in school from 10AM to lunch, then at lunch? It seems they didn't spend the normal amount of time in their classrooms that day, but wouldn't kids be piping up from time to time about "Where's Kyron?" "Why is his backpack and jacket here?" "He's probably in the bathroom" can only go so far! (If the words of a child can be relied upon.)

If, indeed, it was true that some people thought he had an appointment, where did that statement originate? If a child made a big mistake like sending a friend off somewhere and him not returning, a child might initially try to cover herself with a statement like that.

Just speculating.....

-b06de2496f144715_custom_665xauto.jpg

Janitor Bill Tandy walks past Kyron Horman's classroom at Skyline Elementary School in the early hours of June 7, 2010​

Decided to post this picture by itself because it is the first time I have seen where Kyron's classroom was in relation to the stairs.

I wonder if this was stairway that was reported she (DM) last seen him? I am not good at distance, how many feet do you think that is? How long are the hallways cause I am guessing that there is another stairway at the other end of the hall. TIA

I doubt the projects were judged, as in prizes. Too many parents' feelings would be hurt :)

From this article:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_chronology_of_eve.html#incart_rh

Kyron Horman: Timeline of events since boy's disappearance
Published: Friday, June 11, 2010, 9:52 PM Updated: Friday, June 11, 2010, 10:04 PM

9 a.m. Someone reports seeing Kyron at the school, but investigators won't say who or where. It's the last time anyone remembers seeing the boy.

What are everyone's thoughts about this?
Why not even confirm this is the last time he was seen? WHO could this person be that their identity is so "secret" (maybe a juvenile)
Or why won't LE at least confirm the WHERE this was that he was seen? I just don't get it.
Maybe it is Terri, his step mother, who reported this, and that is why they won't release who the last person is who saw him at school. To protect her or to protect their investigation, possibly.

A juvenile has already been on TV telling his story so I don't think LE would be trying to protect his statement, though it could be another juvenile's statement.

my opinions.

I doubt the projects were judged, as in prizes. Too many parents' feelings would be hurt :)

Not necessarily the same everywhere, but here things like this are judged and usually get a 1st, 2nd, 3rd. I thought it was harsh for little kids - but the teachers say it teaches them early on that you can't always win and it's taking part that counts.

Not necessarily the same everywhere, but here things like this are judged and usually get a 1st, 2nd, 3rd. I thought it was harsh for little kids - but the teachers say it teaches them early on that you can't always win and it's taking part that counts.

An excellent lesson for the younger generations to learn and one I wish more schools emphasized. Life isn't fair...

There is lot of discussion about that email and I am trying to find the source of it right now.

This is a good example of why we try to keep rumor off the threads. It has been mentioned so many times that it is taken as fact.

Yes, a good example of keeping rumors off the board. Thank you for looking, I don't know where to begin to look. This is the first case I have followed while it is in the "missing" stage and it goes so fast.

So far I have traced discussion about the appointment and the email to a comment left on an article around 6-8. if this is indeed the source of either of the comments, we can chuck this from the good info column.
still searching.

Also, this is why people ask for links to info you may post. It is not to be snarky, it is to keep speculation from growing legs and becoming fact. It happens in every case and that is why we all try to police each other. It is so that we have the most accurate information on the web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668