OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is so frightening that parents allow this. And if someone did come to get them, you wouldn't know if it was their guardian or a criminal.

BBM. That is not what I saw at all. The stepfather spoke directly to Kyron - every sentence in his statement was directly to him. The father said nothing to Kyron whatsoever. Nothing. Not a word - not even I love you. Every sentence the father spoke was thanking the public, LE, the media. He also showed a complete lack of emotion, except perhaps a bit of public speaking nervousness, IMO. The stepfather however, was deeply disturbed, IMO.

It seemed to me the roles of the stepfather and bio father were completely reversed and if I saw that video with no knowledge of this case my immediate conclusion would have been that TY was Kyron's father.

I found that press conference disturbing, on more levels than one. Having said that, I don't necessarily think the behavior and body language of the parents has anything to do with Kyron's disappearance, but I think it does yield clues about the family dynamics.

I believe Captain Schultz when he said he and his FBI counterpart have worked with the parents on how to deal with this and I believe that they assisted them in giving their prepared statements to the press.

Since Young is supposed to be the spokesperson for the family he is the one that spoke to Kyron directly and they decided that Kaine would be the one to thank the community for all their support through this ordeal. Young also is a detective and much more comfortable speaking to the press. I imagine if Kaine had been the one selected to speak to Kyron he would have broken down and I am not sure they would want that in case Kyron is being held somewhere where the perp has access to tv.

I think everything being said by the family members is closely gone over by LE beforehand.

So I found nothing disturbing about it although it was terribly sad to see Kyron's family so overwrought.

What I see in Terri Horman is what I see many times when a step mother is involved. I think she reaches out to others to comfort them in their time of pain and suffering and also wants the same people to understand that just because she is a step mom she too is hurting just as badly because this is the child she has raised since he was an infant. I wonder if that consideration is being given to her or does she feel her inner feelings are pushed aside as if they feel her pain is not as great simply because she did not birth Kyron.

I know this for a fact, love for a child does not happen just because of the blood that flows through the veins of the child. Love comes directly from the heart and it knows no boundaries and isn't only for the biological parents.

I hope and pray that those closest to Terri know the pain she is feeling and are consoling her too in her time of trauma and crisis. Imo, Kyron would want his mom who has raised him to be treated with kindness, love and support.

IMO

Do you know where that is?

The Multnomah Channel is the body of water that the bridge to Sauvie Island crosses. The Channel runs between Sauvie Island and the Forest Park/Linnton/Scappoose areas. It looks like a river on a map, but it feeds into the Columbia River on both ends.

Do you know where that is?

The Mult. Channel is between Hwy 30 and Sauvies Island.
I don't know if they are searching the water or not..

I did notice the other day while driving, the creek that runs down Cornelius Pass Road, it runs right under Hwy 30 and out to the water way. I noticed a lot of creeks run down that hill along the roads.
I would say that one was maybe around 6 feet wide and I don't think super deep even with all the rain we have had lately.
Sadly, I think there would be too much debris for anything to float down for any length of time..
I have no clue about the other creeks as I have not seen those in person..

WM I see you :blowkiss::blowkiss:

LOL! You caught me. I guess I have to come out of lurkdom now.

I will begin posting but at this time am trying to catch up on all the info.

You sleuths are coming up with good ideas and theories. Keep it up!

I am praying that Kyron will return safely to his family.

Being a former teacher I can't imagine the emotions his classmates and teachers are feeling right now. Parent's of the students there are probably scared for their own children to attend school each day. This is just sad for all involved.

wm

I'm curious.Is there a park type place maybe or maybe not near water on Sauvie Island.

Well Sauvie Island is a lot of farming land with houses. Close to the water is the wildlife refuge - you can do a lot of bird watching. It's a few miles from the bridge.

I have been VERY interested in the answer to that question from the very beginning of this case and have looked high and low for any information regarding the whereabouts of any of the family members that morning.

Not one single word has been released about the whereabouts that morning of any member of family whatsoever. I still don't even know if the father was at work that day. As for SM, she was running errands, whatever that means. Not a word about any of them.

Very unusual. I do believe they got someone's pings and that is what is leading the search right now and the requests for video during the 3rd and 4th of June.

I was a little surprised that LE would be making a PUBLIC plea for video more than a WEEK after the disappearance. I have assumed that with the investigative manpower and FBI invovlement early on, teams had already canvassed pertinent locations and corridors, interviewing people and businesses in person to get this info if it was there to be had. This public plea made me wonder if it was issued more as a way to amp up the pressure on someone they have their eye on. I can't imagine LE would rely on an "all-call for video" as a means to gather info/evidence.

Well Sauvie Island is a lot of farming land with houses. Close to the water is the wildlife refuge - you can do a lot of bird watching. It's a few miles from the bridge.
Thank you.Do you know if they are checking this wildlife refuge?Is there a park like setting maybe maybe not near water there?

I have been VERY interested in the answer to that question from the very beginning of this case and have looked high and low for any information regarding the whereabouts of any of the family members that morning.

Not one single word has been released about the whereabouts that morning of any member of family whatsoever. I still don't even know if the father was at work that day. As for SM, she was running errands, whatever that means. Not a word about any of them.

Very unusual. I do believe they got someone's pings and that is what is leading the search right now and the requests for video during the 3rd and 4th of June.

So true. Did she take the baby to the science fair and on the 'errands'? Or the baby went to daycare or stayed home with the father. Just wondering where the baby was that day.

Has anyone mentioned that there is a big landfill on Sauvie island? Do you suppose they are searching there :( ?

Also - when dad thanked the children, the community, the bus drivers, etc....I knida wondered about the bus driver part - cuz Kyron did not ride the bus at all that day.

Do you think the video stuff they are requesting would show the bus route?

Maybe a driver was late or took an unusual path one day or something?

Thank you.Do you know if they are checking this wildlife refuge?Is there a park like setting maybe maybe not near water there?

Well, one article I read said searchers on horseback (yesterday or day before) were going north on Sauvie Island Road, which would take them right through the wildlife area. I don't know what you mean by "park like setting" as Sauvie Island is pretty much all rural. Do you mean something with children's playground equipment like a neighborhood park or something more densely overgrown like a forest? I would say Sauvie Island is more meadow like, with farmland and some marshy areas, and some trees, too, but it's not heavily forested. I was actually surprised by the photo someone posted of it, showing a big hill with lots of evergreens on it. I don't recognize that view as being from the island, though I must admit I haven't been to the upper north end of the island (by sturgeon lake). That would be the area furthest away from the bridge, far from the areas LE are reportedly searching.

Has anyone mentioned that there is a big landfill on Sauvie island? Do you suppose they are searching there :( ?

Also - when dad thanked the children, the community, the bus drivers, etc....I knida wondered about the bus driver part - cuz Kyron did not ride the bus at all that day.

Thought they meant the bus driver that stopped to talk to them and called the school to check for them. I believe I read that Kyron usually did ride the bus.

I forgot about the landfill - I think you might be first to mention it here. It's a short ways south(ish) of the bridge to the island. It's not a municipal landfill; the waste is all industrial metals and scrap, metal byproducts, etc.

I was a little surprised that LE would be making a PUBLIC plea for video more than a WEEK after the disappearance. I have assumed that with the investigative manpower and FBI invovlement early on, teams had already canvassed pertinent locations and corridors, interviewing people and businesses in person to get this info if it was there to be had. This public plea made me wonder if it was issued more as a way to amp up the pressure on someone they have their eye on. I can't imagine LE would rely on an "all-call for video" as a means to gather info/evidence.

This is such a good point. I became very worried when hearing LE is first asking for road video so late in Kyron's disappearance. Your post allowed me to see this video request as possibly putting pressure on a POI, so I feel somewhat better about it. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState