OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi impatientredhead - I'm just curious where this fact that they are comfortable with the police is their home is from. Has this been stated in a press conference or news article. If not, then I don't really know if they are comfortable with it. I would like to assume that they are but......

The one thing that I don't understand is, if having the police with them 24/7 is for the family's safety due to threats, why not publicly clear them and let everyone know. I'm certainly not accusing anyone and this is just my thoughts and opinions. I just have never heard of LE staying with a family like this. To me, it's unusual. What I think would be appropriate is to have a counselor or therapist with them 24/7 to help them cope.

When my MIL was beat to death in her house one of the investigators was pretty much set up at the kitchen table of the house the family was staying in.

They would have set up somewhere else I am sure had we requested so but I know in my experience a detective being in the house was the least of my concerns.

The police that were there for our protection (not from the public) were uniformed officers out in the street, not in the house.

I am sure there is a reason they do it that way, to help control the media situation, to see the comings and goings, to see who contacts the family, to see who in the family is the conduit to the press... I have no idea.

But I am confident they would have left if requested, or they would have offered to set up elsewhere if it seemed to cause undo stress to anyone in the household.

They never cleared ANY family members in our case either. They only said it was an isolated event and they did not feel there was a danger in the neighborhood (it was her husband). My husband was on the other side of the country when it occured, his brother was out of the country. They publically cleared NO ONE.

I assume there is a reason they do it that way.

Okay the reporter says that the sheriff's office told them the family had the truck towed to a dealership because it's having mechanical problems. So we're interested in this because?

I thought you all were saying it was impounded by LE.

ITA

It wasn't any kind of a police tow...the tow driver was not accompanied by any police officer, so no chain of custody. Then he moved it through dirt to get it on the truck (contamination of evidence)....so no clue why a broken down truck is important. Plus, I am not familiar with any case where a Deputy DA came by to pay a visit to the home of a person unless they were a witness or a victim of a crime. They don't tend to hang around POI's homes that I have ever heard of before.

jmoo

I just watched the video re: the Horman's white truck at the following link:

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/mediacenter/default.aspx?videoId=16810

Just for truth's sake...it is noted that the vehicle was towed by the dealership per the request of the family due to mechanical issues. And I, not one to believe that the family is involved in any way, also have some ocean front property smack dab in the middle of Arizona for sale.

Okay, since the sheriff's office said the family had it towed to a dealership for mechanical problems, what is it you think really happened here? The dealership is going to clean up evidence of a crime for the stepmother?

Not sure if posted yet, not sure what it means....

At about 5:15 in this video, the Horman truck is being removed.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/m...?videoid=16783@koin.web.entriq.net&navCatId=3

Editing onve again, you have to choose the correct video- the one with this image, second one to the right, shows 2 searchesrs wearing some orange.

is the one that starts out talking about the prayer vigil tonight? 'cuz I'm not seeing anything about their truck...

I think it will be an unique incident if Kyron was taken by a perp for nefarious purposes and is found alive...sadly. I know it has happened, but not as often as the worst possible outcome, as far as I know.

Gwenabob fyi,

There are people on Sauvie Island who have children at Skyline. This was confirmed via KGW new story June 11.They may be paying tuition, per your post.

Parents can transfer students to from one school district to another. They don't need to pay out of pocket tuition, the home school district needs to release funds and make them available to the other school district.

I know this question was asked earlier in one of his threads so I asked him.

Would a Police Officer lie at a Press conferance in order keep info they know a secret.

He said

" It is unlikely a police officer would directly lie about it, He or she may avoid the question or say no comment but even though it is unethical for a Police Officer to Lie to the General Public or the Press it is not Illegal. However is a Police Officer does outwardly lie then there is probably a good reason for it such as telling the truth could harm the case or cause harm to a victim".

Okay the reporter says that the sheriff's office told them the family had the truck towed to a dealership because it's having mechanical problems. So we're interested in this because?

No, didn't imply or say it was impounded by LE, said, "not sure what it means"

Not sure why we wouldn't be interested in it, as it is indeed an OBJECTIVE piece of information, i.e. a "fact". I have no implied meaning, simply relying on my more than 20 years of nursing habits, where everything objective is part of the puzzle.
Subjective is taken with a grain of salt- not everyones heart attack causes chest pain, but every elevated troponin is evidence of heart muscle damage. I make no determinations until enough facts are evident, facts that are measurable, objective, and quantifiable as well as qualifiable.

:twocents:

From what I can tell, darn near every truck in that area seems to be newer and white. LOL

No, didn't imply or say it was impounded by LE, said, "not sure what it means"

Not sure why we wouldn't be interested in it, as it is indeed an OBJECTIVE piece of information, i.e. a "fact". I have no implied meaning, simply relying on my more than 20 years of nursing habits, where everything objective is part of the puzzle.
Subjective is taken with a grain of salt- not everyones heart attack causes chest pain, but every elevated troponin is evidence of heart muscle damage. I make no determinations until enough facts are evident, facts that are measurable, objective, and quantifiable as well as qualifiable.

:twocents:

Sorry. I didn't mean literally "saying". I was just surprised to find out it was just towed for mechanical repair. Was expecting something bigger/relevant.

can someone link the truck news story, the one that originally said it was seen at 2 am? I thought I read that it had a cover over the back

I just watched the video re: the Horman's white truck at the following link:

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/mediacenter/default.aspx?videoId=16810

Just for truth's sake...it is noted that the vehicle was towed by the dealership per the request of the family due to mechanical issues. And I, not one to believe that the family is involved in any way, also have some ocean front property smack dab in the middle of Arizona for sale.

Once again, it was not picked up by police....that was evident in the video. No chain of custody means no usable evidence.

JMO

ETA: Sorry. I was referring to the truck video.

I didn't see anyone saying it was impounded. I think we were interested for the same reason the news station bothered reporting it and getting video of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member