OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh,I didn't know you could do that,that's cool,thank you.

you're welcome

I had to go back on the FB where I keep photos and check...

click photos --> my uploads --> edit album --> edit info --> privacy --> customize --> specific people

and then you can name who you want to be able to view the album (or block those you don't)

There's probably a much easier way to get to that point, but I"m not so FB savvy lol.

CMissingBoyVigil_061510_LB12.jpg

Many prayers tonight for our bespectacled little guy with the mile wide smile.

10:40 p.m. Officers at Skyline Elementary report that they have completed a search of Skyline School, including all crawl spaces, storage areas, classrooms and outbuildings. They have also searched the Horman house.

10:44 p.m. A caller to 9-1-1 wants to make sure officers have checked the train tunnel in the area near the school. She says "sometimes kids play in there, wants to make sure someone has checked that."

(6/4)

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_chronology_of_eve.html

I was just wondering if anyone remembers a report that at some time on friday, SM called BM to let her know that she could start the drive to pick up Kyron (or something to that effect) Because I thought i read something like that.

The reason I am asking is because I also read somewhere that when the call came that Kyron was missing, the BM and stepdad left Medford right away. I am just wondering about the details of that???

I was just wondering if anyone remembers a report that at some time on friday, SM called BM to let her know that she could start the drive to pick up Kyron (or something to that effect) Because I thought i read something like that.

The reason I am asking is because I also read somewhere that when the call came that Kyron was missing, the BM and stepdad left Medford right away. I am just wondering about the details of that???

I heard that but I believe it was a rumor because, as you said, I don't think the mom showed up until the next day.

I do feel it's suspicious that SM's facebook barely ever mentioned Kyron or had any pics of him in the last 5 months, and then suddenly on June 4th she posted a pic of him at the science fair the SAME DAY.

1. It is my understanding that this is not true.
2. Little growing toddlers do more "milestone" kinds of things. I have three children and for a while there my facebook posts were pretty lopsided toward my daughter, who is the baby, because she seemed to do something new and exciting everyday at that age. My older boys are not less loved, there's just less to report. Something like a Science Fair would be newsworthy.
3. I often post things to my fb quickly page so that my husband, who is at work, and misses out on so much, can see them right away.

I have been reading on this site for two or three days. I believe I understand the rules that we are not to discuss what is or is not on a facebook page that is no longer public. I hope I haven't violated the rule by attempting to correct an error made by another poster.

Thank you.

How would they know to look for a black bag or box?

I do not know to what this mention of a black bag or box is referring. Have you seen or read a report that they are searching for a black bag or box?

Yes, I agree, and to reply with with Ahahahahaha is even worse considering all the "respect" we should be showing the victims in this case. I could not believe my eyes as well.

I believe you are talking about me, but seem to be addressing someone else. Again, I was NOT making a joke about a child's body being in a trunk. I'm sorry that you took it that way and I'm very upset about this. I have deleted my original comment. This is a distraction from the topic at hand. I wish nothing but a safe return of a very much alive Kyron to his home.

But Sauvie Island is not even in the same district as Skyline. Could it be that the parent of a Skyline student was out on Sauvie Island for some other reason (other than living there)? Sauvie Island has a perfectly good (highly rated) K-6 y school of its own ... although I suppose the parents could have gotten a boundary exemption.

I'm new to the forum and Portland local...

On a 4 o'clock pm news broadcast Tuesday (fox I believe) they interviewed a Skyline parent that works on Sauvie Island. He was commenting on the search effort around his workplace, I didn't catch the whole thing. Also after working in admin in a Portland metro school district, district to district transfers are quite common.

Hoping for Kyron's safe return.

Each day I wake up to check the news, I become more anxious, worried, will this be the day he is found? I can't imagine how his family must feel. Please come home safely Kyron!

I feel may be one of the few taking LE at their word. I do not think they have any leads that have panned out and are, as they claim, systematically following protocol. Tanner's statements regarding small groups and reassembling at the classroom rang true for me (I am a room parent at a different school), so I have added them to the very few facts confirmed by LE in order to develop my theory. (I think the "sub" in question was most likely a parent volunteer, perhaps not a parent normally associated with that classroom.) So I am leaning toward an opportunistic abduction, at this point. Not necessarily a complete stranger, but very possibly.

Your entire post was very informative and thought provoking for me. It also shook loose another possibility in my mind.

It is known that some predatory pedophiles make an effort to look for single mothers to date. They're not really interested in the mother except as a means of getting close to her children.

I started thinking... what if Kyron were abducted by someone dating a single mother from that school?

Even if she hadn't reached the point of introducing him to her children, it would be totally normal for two adults to discuss her kids, their achievements, what sort of school they go to, etc. And, as we have seen, it isn't difficult at all to find extensive information about that particular school online.

I'm assuming that the perp had not been invited to tour the science fair by the mother he was dating but that would provide the perfect excuse if someone spotted him there. "Oh, I had an unexpected opening in my morning, so I decided to surprise my girlfriend by coming to see her kid's exhibit."

That would make the risks of opportunistically scoping out the school seem much lower. He could have gone there without any specific plan in mind but saw Kyron alone at some point and made his move.

I think it is very possible that Kyron could have been lured out of the school building by a "parent looking" sort of person asking him to come help unload something for the talent show. If anyone had seen the perp with Kyron, all that would have happened would have been that the perp would have returned Kyron to the school unharmed.

But there were no witnesses.

The more I think about it, the lower risk this abduction actually was. If I assume that the abduction would have been aborted at any point if there had been witnesses, then it was almost risk free at that time and place.

The perp would not have been expected to be at the school, so it would be easier to arrange an alibi. If someone had noticed him at the school, he would have had a perfect rationalisation.

The highest risk time would have been a few seconds when he had Kyron out by his vehicle.

From the sheriff's office:

Clear Channel Outdoor donates 30 billboards to help get the message out to bring Kyron home - 06/15/10

Today June 15, 2010, Clear Channel Outdoor - Oregon & SW Washington donated the materials and the space for the 30 billboards in an effort to help bring Kyron home. Ten of the billboards are written in Russian, ten are written in Spanish and ten are written in English. All of the billboards were put up today with the exception of two English billboards which are pending installation.

Attached is a listing of the addresses of the 30 billboard and a map indicating the locations.

A sample picture of the billboards will be available tomorrow.

http://www.flashalert.net/news.html?id=1276
Bumping post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members