OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When she said "canopy", does she mean like a camper-top? I'd also like to know if this truck matches what was seen by (I think his name was) Mr. Kelley?
That was my first thought too!
Jim Kelley. Details in the map linked in my siggy.

There's a couple of very interesting comments on that page btw <koff koff>.

Does anyone have the link to looking at crime in an area?? Not spotcrime..Theres another one????

portlandmaps.com
If you know the address.

I couldn't get the crime mapping to work in that area however. Of course it works on my house. :furious:

I think we need to remember that we know very little actual fact about last sightings of Kyron and by whom. Things that were stated by LE very early on, became "no comment" very soon afterward, so they may have not been able to verify what they had already said and I know they have not said anything recently about when and where he was last seen. JMO

It would be more significant, IMO, if this were the only thing LE was saying "No comment" about, but it isn't.

Yep, and that makes it even more strange as to why the teacher did not notify the parents. Seems if teacher thought he had an appt. and left with SM, it would stand out as odd that he toured the school with the group for part of the time. It would also be strange that the reply to the sub/volunteer would be maybe he went to get a drink or to the bathroom.

ETA: This info conflicts with teacher thinking he left with SM.

You're right.

Thanks for writing back, Calliope. I think I am not expressing myself clearly. I don't think that the Hormans have lost entitlement to their rights, nor do I think they should lose any of their rights.

I was simply asking here if anyone knows whether or not they have the choice to ask LE to leave their homes. I realize that, under most (all?) circumstances we have the choice of whether or not we want LE in our homes.

I got the impression that this was an LE decision, not a request by the family; and my impression could be way off of the mark, it could be all wrong.

It is completely up to the Horman's to allow a liason officer in their home or not. It is a SERVICE of Law Enforcement. While it may be up to LE to offer the service, that in no way means the family has no choice. IOW, the family is not being forced to have the officer in their home.

And of course, they could ask for the officer to leave at any time.

And here's what Carole Moulton said:
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

Carol Moulton said the kids were supposed to report to their classes and be divided into small groups of a few students each. Each group was supposed to tour the science fair with a chaperone. Afterward, when they returned to their classes for roll call, Kyron wasn't there, she said.

This information from Terri's mom came on Saturday, June 5. It sounds as though she thinks that Kyron was with one of the small groups and then vanished... I wonder if there were other kids who didn't come in until 10 to join the class?

I think this information also came from Tanner.

Just to be objective if it was a regular sub who was there often and that sub had seen Kyron before from teaching his class it wouldnt be as implicative. If that teacher noticed he was there because SM was also with Kyron it could have been because they stood out.

I'm not sure I'm following you.....you think if the sub was regularly in the school, she may have noticed Kyron did not return to the class with the other students simply because she knew he belonged in the class from her prior work at the school? That is possible. I don't think it is probable, when considering the context, but as I said, I :think: there is a high proability that she was counting the kids and knew there should be six because that's how many she had with her on the tour. (I have to note this again, just to appease my own sense of accuracy) that the "sub" was not an actual substitute, we don't know her actual role in the class.

On the other hand, you seem to think that if the teacher (did you mean the sub?) might have noticed Kyron only because he was with his SM and they "stood out." I totally don't understand what you mean by this. It's been a rough day, and I guess my brain is shutting down!

NO, I don't believe this is protocal for a missing child case.
Just an opinion

Hasn't the sheriff said it was protocol?

Thank you. :D As I was quoted and questioned about, the day Kyron went missing, the first thing reported was "last seen by SM going into the school." That's the 1st statement of the last sighting. That's all I was trying to say........

You know, that was probably me. If you answered, I missed it! The thread is moving fast, and I had to be out of the house for a couple of hours, so I may have missed it.

I think that the quote you reference was indeed made the very first day Kyron went missing. I am sure when Kyron was reported missing, his SM did indeed say "I last saw him right there!" but that does not mean that she was the last person to see him. It is merely saying where SHE last saw him that day. It does not say that LE has determined that she was the last person to see Kyron.

For instance, if my son goes missing and LE asks me when and where did you last see him? I would say, I last saw him at 5pm at the mailbox in front of my house!

Back to Kyron: Investigation had just started at that time, over the days and many interviews conducted since then, is it so foolish to believe that there may be a person or more than one who saw him after SM exited the building?

Story.jpg

At link:
scroll down to this pic click on it takes you to a good slide show. Pics enlarge, very good view of the area.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...-final-day-Prayer/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx

Pdx, they are searching residences as well, per my posting above to Sofia76:

Kruger's has been on the news twice this week - - here's the link to one of the clips, repeating from my post above:

I'm citing a quote from a KGW news story: "As it happens one of the Skyline parents is . . ." - - goes on to say who, lives and has a farm market on Sauvie Island. Link to story, thread starts at about 1:50.

http://www.kgw.com/thesquare/Searchi...-96194359.html

RoseCityGal

Thanks RoseCityGal.. just listening now (I got a page behind).

I'm trying to remember how old Don's kids are.. younger, I think.

Possibility?

SM takes Kyron to school,
SM and Kyron set up IB project in his classroom and they do a quick tour of the other projects.
SM tells teacher across noisy gym that Kyron has an appointment Monday (this is Friday so it is to let her know he won't be there the next school day) but teacher only hears has an appointment and believes Kyron is going to be leaving with Mom at some point today. (Friday)
SM leaves at 8:45 after the 2nd bell rings and Kyron heads down the hall to class.
Kids are put in groups of 6 to tour the IB fair.
During tour Kyron has to use the bathroom. Perp grabs him and exits the building.
Sub, para, volunteer parent or whoevers group he was in gets back to classroom with kids and says wait Kyron is missing, teacher says he probably went to get a drink or use the bathroom.
Kyron doesn't come back, teacher may or may not look for him before deciding he has now left with mom for his appointment.

Or same scenario however when the group comes back to the classroom Kyron does not come in but tells his friend 'I am going to see the electric project' (which he knows about so has probably already seen)
Kyron is grabbed by perp while kids are filing into classrooms and heads counts are being taken (or roll call).
Sub, para, volunteer parent notices he is gone, teacher thinks he went to bathroom or to get a drink. and after looking for him decides he left with SM.

I am sure I missed something but I do believe he and step mom could have been seen together by his teacher and another 'instructor' and by a friend in the doorway and a conversation overheard by TP.
And he still coulda been grabbed by an opportunistic perp.

BBM

I still want to know if there was really an "electric project" or if it was a ruse used by the perp to get Kryon to follow them. And it didn't have to be an adult it could have been another child sent in by the perp to find him a kid.

Thanks RoseCityGal.. just listening now (I got a page behind).

I'm trying to remember how old Don's kids are.. younger, I think.

Pdx, I don't have the link to the first news story, but as I recall, in that story they said that one of his kids is a classmate of Kyron's. His wife was also shown holding a baby.

Remember where I saw it as I was walking in Joanne's today looking for yarn.It's a suncatcher,someone must have it in thier window he knows.I've also seen it somewhere online as art,but this must be where I originally saw it.

Attachments

• suncatcher.JPG
    suncatcher.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 36
Thanks, I hadn't seen that. It is very possible Don Kruger has a middle schooler who goes to Skyline instead of Scappoose. I know I'd probably send my kid to Skyline over Scappoose if that were an option. (No disrespect intended towards anyone with kids at Scappoose MS.)

Two things that kinda bothered me about this school from the start is that it goes up to grade 8 (and with only 9 classroom teachers) with combined grade levels, and that it has roughly 30% transfers from out of neighborhood. That struck me as rather high, nearly a third. Maybe it isn't and I'm just out of the loop. And I don't think it's such a great idea to mix kids as old as 8th graders with the lower grades. These aren't Little House on the Prairie days any more.

Well my original point about the transfers was that people from outside the neighborhood could have (and probably were) present that day who may not have been well known, but at the same time wouldn't have necessarily been thought to be out of place.

Good point, as one of the reasons for an IB expo is to "show off" the curriculum for potential students who might choose to enroll at that school in the future.

jmo

Kruger's Farm Market on Suavie Island http://www.krugersfarmmarket.com/
see ya all later I am going to go get myself some strawberries
j/k
loosing my mind

Two questions:
Is this farm market one of the ones that contracts with Skyline to provide food for student lunches?

Doesn't it seem just a little creepy that the school would take Kyron's classmates out there for a field trip at the same time that helicopters are circling overhead searching for him in the water and woods?

Two questions:
Is this farm market one of the ones that contracts with Skyline to provide food for student lunches?

Doesn't it seem just a little creepy that the school would take Kyron's classmates out there for a field trip at the same time that helicopters are circling overhead searching for him in the water and woods?

What???

:eek:

Two questions:

I agree. I took my son strawberry picking this weekend and my first thought was "not Sauvie Island." I didn't want to expose him to the search. I needed to take a break from worrying about Kyron myself too.

Regarding LE staying with the family, are all the parents staying in the same home? If not and the parents are staying at different homes, which set of parents are LE staying with? Sorry if this has already been discussed.

I'm not sure it's ever been specified.

LE has said so little in recent days, I tend to believe what they have said most recently, i.e. that they do not feel that other children are in added danger (my words) and that this is/was an isolated case and that the search and rescue are over. To me, I am getting that they have a perp in mind, it is not someone who is a roaming sex offender and that they do not believe Kyron will be found alive. I think they have a solid lead that has them out there on that island. Someone was in both places-the school and out there-that day, IMO.

I'm not leaning one way or another toward who they may suspect, if they do, but I honestly don't think we are still looking at a random grab by a stranger. Once they had completed that first round of interviews at the school, amost everything out of their mouths became "no comment" regardless of what they were saying earlier. All just my opinion and what I am reading into their words/actions.

calliope - they have a farm to school program where local farmers provide some foods for the schools - yes, I know. Another can of worms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member