OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is the moderator for this thread?

You can see all the mods. for the M/L forum (which includes this thread) at the right-hand bottom of the below page.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60"]Missing/Located Forum Discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

You can see all the mods. for WS at the below link:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showgroups.php

I have not posted to this thread as of yet, but have been reading religiously since hearing about little Kyron. So far, I've gone through the entire first thread, but I haven't gotten through the first 100 posts from this thread yet. However, there is something niggling at my mind that I feel the need to post before I forget -- and, thus, before I finish reading. Therefore, I apologize if this has been asked or explained already...

I've been reading the step-mother's Facebook page and have even gone through some of her photos. I am, at this point, reserving my right not to point fingers anywhere, but there are some things that have me questioning TH (Terri Hormon). I suppose, given the circumstances, I am reading into things and seeing things differently, but, regardless, I feel it is important to point out. As I go through her photos, I do see pictures of both the toddler and Kyron. And, in the majority of those photos, there are tags describing who is in each picture. In photos the step-mother is in, for example, her full name is used. In pictures with the father, his full name is used. And, where the baby is concerned, her full name is used. But, in every picture of Kyron, if there is a tag at all, it simply uses only his first name. Never his last. It wouldn't ordinarily stick out to me, but, being that he is missing, those tags with his first name on it seem almost like he was an after-thought. And, that raises a huge red flag to me.

Has anyone else noticed this? Again, I apologize if it has been mentioned and/or explained away before. But, it's something I just can't seem to get out of my mind. I woke up after my nap this afternoon praying to read that Kyron has returned home and is now safe. But, sadly, that is not yet the case. Where are you, sweet boy? What happened? We're coming to find you...

When you have a public FB page, that is like facing the public, IMO. I don't have an opinion about parents speaking out in media to address possible abductor, it never works anyway. Sometimes they thank searchers and everyone handing out flyers, etc. But either way.

I just have a very bad feeling that LE is on to someone, no idea who, and does not believe that Kyron is going to be found okay. Of course I hope I am wrong, on the second part.

Yes! It happened here in Portland about 15 or 20 years ago. Guy was staying at a flea-bag motel right across the street from a middle school. He walked into the school, picked up a girl, dragged her across the street to his room. Police were called right away, and when they got there, he was shoving the girl out a back window. She had already been violated.

Holy crap. Things like that make me want to lock my child in the house with me where no one can find her. I'm telling you, stuff like this scares the h*ll out of me. No lie.

Totally off topic, but a friend of my daughter's just left my house. She lives four doors down from me in a residential neighborhood and I stood in my front yard watching her until she went inside her house and her mother waved at me. She and my daughter are 13 years old and I still don't let them walk down the street unsupervised. It's pitiful that things are this way.

I would never ask the parents of a missing child to speak if they are not ready to. JMO

I don't think anything is "normal" or "usual" when a child is missing.

We went through months of discussion in the Somer Thompson case about how the mom did not act right. She was bashed and blamed and made fun of from everything from how she cried, lack of tears, how she sang at the vigils, what she wore to the funeral...it went on and on. Look how that turned out. The poor woman had NOTHING to do with Somer's murder. So, a lesson could be learned from that. IMO

I can state several cases where the parents were bashed and blamed for months and had NOTHING to do with it. So, I try not to do that unless there is pretty good reason given by LE.

I was there with you Kim - people formed a gang on that thread and about 30 of Somer's threads and threw out every accusation possible at mom Diena - all without a shred of evidence to back up anything they were saying. Just plain mean, hateful, and completely lacking empathy/compassion. moo

Am I the only one that thinks the school has been terrible at handling this from pretty much every aspect? (The security, or..lack there of, being the biggest)

I don't think it's so much the school as it is the Portland School District, who, imo, has been in protect our *advertiser censored** mode from the onset.

Mr. Shelby is not a very good PR man, imo. He sounds more like a lawyer, trying to keep the district from being sued. moo

Thanks Gwenabob , I will let chili fries know. Do you know their actual address and I will map it out?

A rather ironic address:

15725 NW Sheltered Nook Rd Portland, Or. This was the address listed for Terri Horman at pipl.com, so it is public information.

Yep, exactly.

My take on the latest presser. The LE official seemed very heavy hearted, more so than even with a child missing, I almost expected him to say bad news.

That LE had gotten the info they needed from the classmates.

When asked if there was a poi he hesitated but then just said everyone is a poi.

That Kyron was not seen by anyone else after the time the stepmom said she last saw him. (i believe that is what he said, someone can correct me if i'm wrong)

That the search is now narrowed down to some specific areas.

That he doesn't believe it was an abduction.

(there's more but i can't think of it all right now)

I don't understand the comment that he doesn't believe it was an abduction, so what is it, they believe he wandered off and got lost or something, why not just say that then? IDK, i dont' get it.

Who is the moderator for this thread?

Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page, and click 'View Forum Leaders'. It shows all the mods and the forums they're assigned to. This is the Missing/Located Forum. The mods are: imamaze, hoppyfrog, Salem, Cubby, summer_breeze, cholzsch, Idaho4Groenes, Tricia.

If you're ever not sure which mod to contact, just contact any mod, and we're happy to direct your question or concern to the right person.

Thanks -
BeanE

I have not posted to this thread as of yet, but have been reading religiously since hearing about little Kyron. So far, I've gone through the entire first thread, but I haven't gotten through the first 100 posts from this thread yet. However, there is something niggling at my mind that I feel the need to post before I forget -- and, thus, before I finish reading. Therefore, I apologize if this has been asked or explained already...

I've been reading the step-mother's Facebook page and have even gone through some of her photos. I am, at this point, reserving my right not to point fingers anywhere, but there are some things that have me questioning TH (Terri Hormon). I suppose, given the circumstances, I am reading into things and seeing things differently, but, regardless, I feel it is important to point out. As I go through her photos, I do see pictures of both the toddler and Kyron. And, in the majority of those photos, there are tags describing who is in each picture. In photos the step-mother is in, for example, her full name is used. In pictures with the father, his full name is used. And, where the baby is concerned, her full name is used. But, in every picture of Kyron, if there is a tag at all, it simply uses only his first name. Never his last. It wouldn't ordinarily stick out to me, but, being that he is missing, those tags with his first name on it seem almost like he was an after-thought. And, that raises a huge red flag to me.

Has anyone else noticed this? Again, I apologize if it has been mentioned and/or explained away before. But, it's something I just can't seem to get out of my mind. I woke up after my nap this afternoon praying to read that Kyron has returned home and is now safe. But, sadly, that is not yet the case. Where are you, sweet boy? What happened? We're coming to find you...

This is most likely because Kyron does not have a Facebook account. When you tag someone on Facebook, it links back to their account if they have one. If they do not have one, it just lists whatever you put, which in this case is his first name. Not unusual at all, IMO.

Omgosh , I am very disheartened to see there is nothing real found about Kyron :(. I just got a chance to sit down and take a look, I am going back to read .... Darn it ! Just Darn it !!

I'm not an assigned moderator to this thread. I am very interested in this case as it occurred in my state and so I am here often.

Thanks so much for this, Ruby.

Does anyone know why Kyron would go to a school so far from his home? I had presumed that they lived in a somewhat rural area, but it appears that they live in a fairly densely populated area that would have a number of schools right in the area.

Apparently that is an old address, if I can find the current one I will map it out.

Yep, exactly.

My take on the latest presser. The LE official seemed very heavy hearted, more so than even with a child missing, I almost expected him to say bad news.

That LE had gotten the info they needed from the classmates.

When asked if there was a poi he hesitated but then just said everyone is a poi.

That Kyron was not seen by anyone else after the time the stepmom said she last saw him. (i believe that is what he said, someone can correct me if i'm wrong)

That the search is now narrowed down to some specific areas.

That he doesn't believe it was an abduction.

(there's more but i can't think of it all right now)

Oh no.

Bumping this important post. LE has NOT said that SM is a POI, nor have they indicated that they have any concerns about her whatsoever.

I believe his exact words were everyone is a POI.

Which police department has jurisdiction? It's not Portland Police is it? Is it Multnomah Sheriff?

Did sheriff say probably not to kidnapping or abduction? Kidnapping can mean no ransom demand, I guess, so maybe LE does not condsider the two to be the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC