OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Taken/lured outside by someone he recognized or possibly knew.

I am up in the air about both...my intuition is not being very reliable.

I vote taken.

I was watching channel 12 Fox news tonight and they interviewed Kyron's best friend and desk mate. He said he saw Kyron right before class was starting walking by the classroom. He said Kyron was going to go look at some cool electric exhibit and that he would be right back. That was the last he saw him.

I suspect there were a lot of people coming and going right at that time as it was just before the normal school starting time. I think it would have been easy for a predator to lure him out to his car and nobody would notice a thing.

I vote for taken.

In my head, I keep hearing someone telling him "your mom wants to see you real quick before she leaves", and they get him outside and snatch him up and he disappears.

unfortunately I think he was taken also. For some reason my gut tells me the school is central to all of this. I think it was someone he was in contact with on a constant basis. I pray this little angel comes home safe and healthy and SOON! I am supposed to send my 5 year old to kindergarten in the fall and stuff like this terrifies me!

Hello folks, I just joined this site and I have read almost every comment in every thread about Kyron. The situation with the poor boy is breaking my heart.

I just have one question. The lead for this article:
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_disappearance_be.html

"Kyron Horman's disappearance believed to be isolated incident"

How would Law Enforcement know that?

I have also read the stern site warnings about speculating about family members of Kyron's; so I feel that I should not say what I else I am wondering about.

O/T re the scanner info.

When I was a teacher, I used to laugh (with tears, of course) about students making Annual Yearly Progress on the No Child Left Behind tests. I thought, "If only the public knew what some of these kids lives were like the night before." And we're worried about them making AYP?

Not that I don't think that they can, what I mean is, can you believe what some of these children are subjected to? It's amazing they can even function the next day at school. And a lot of them do. But think of the trauma and their thoughts about going home and what goes on at home.

These scenes and worse are played out all over the US day after day. School is the most stable place they have all day.

I could go on and on, but I won't.

My apologies for the misunderstanding with the time outs.

It is my responsibility to see that everyone understands the rules in the moderation section. I failed and as a result people were timed out that should not have been.

Jbean's post a few posts back is perfect. Please read it if you have not.

It is such a grey area and I wish it could be more black and white but it is not.

Thank you all for your participation and please do not be afraid to post.

If we see problems we will PM you with a reminder unless it is something totally outrages.

Deal? :)

Take care,
Tricia

I also vote taken.

I think he was tricked into going outside for some reason and then he was taken.

I'm really praying he is still alive and will be reunited with his family soon.

Believe09 asked if she could start a poll earlier. I asked her to wait. But if someone would like to start it that would be fine.
Let's make it a no discussion thread which means you can vote and list your reason or just vote, but the discussion about the case should be here.

So I can start it in the poll forum if you all give me the choices.

LE in the Somer case said that they believed it was an isolated incident as well. It was, but it could very well turned out not to be that way as the perp was not identified from October-sometime in Dec or Jan.

So, I don't know about the isolated incident.

Communities all over have LE looking at child *advertiser censored* people, so maybe they have discovered a child *advertiser censored* person that is unaccounted for at this point? Or perhaps LE knows where the person is, but can't charge him/her yet because???

Maybe they are waiting to find Kyron before they arrest the person? Or maybe they will arrest the person by the end of the week on child *advertiser censored* if nothing else happens?

I'm not sure what to make of a lot of this. It is possible the fb is being used to throw someone off. Anything is possible. Of course, there are always those crazies out there that will call in false leads or a ransom when they really had nothing to do w/ the case at all.

What about his father's job? I think he's an engineer? Perhaps he was taken with the promise of safe return in exchange for some high level info on a new technology. I know that REALLY sounds crazy, but so does everything else surrounding this situation and I'm trying to pinpoint why Kyron out of a whole school of kids?

Police say search for missing 7 year old focused on Portland area

The search for a missing 7-year-old Portland boy is focused locally, not nationally, Capt. Jason Gates told the media at a Tuesday afternoon press conference. He also continued to call it a "missing, endangered" case and said investigators were not yet prepared to call it a criminal investigation.Capt. Gates said there was no set ending for the search effort. He declined to say how many more clues investigators have received but said "we haven't received enough tips to solve the case. Keep those tips coming."
He said the family would release a statement Wednesday. Also on Wednesday, the FBI will provide a command center vehicle to better coordinate the efforts of the many police agencies involved.

http://www.kmtr.com/news/local/stor...-year-old-focused/bOOw69-GYE6Yo5gyervxkA.cspx

Hello folks, I just joined this site and I have read almost every comment in every thread about Kyron. The situation with the poor boy is breaking my heart.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_disappearance_be.html

I have also read the stern site warnings about speculating about family members of Kyron's; so I feel that I should not say what I else I am wondering about.

I think they learned alot from interviewing the parents, students, teachers, etc. who were at the school Friday morning. There may be a good many people who saw something but didn't realize there was a threat to Kyron until all the info was put together.

Lots of people taking pictures of their kid's science projects, maybe even videos that have been looked at by the police and show some one with Kyron.

aniwel_bl6st.gif

Hi, JBean...

I think just

He walked off on his own volition

He was taken/lured away

as choices. Thanks!

I have a question that may sound stupid to some. But, I truely would like to know the answer.

What is a rock quarry? I don't think I've ever heard that term before today. I don't think we have them in Louisiana unless they are just called something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
masterbranigan