OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still listening to the presser and so this will be very short. But, did I hear correctly that Gates would like to set up time to sit with all of the media off-camera? What would be the purpose of that? My gut says that he's going to ask them to lay off asking certain questions. And, in my opinion, the reason they want to keep the media quiet is because they know something. I'm not sure what that something is, but I am convinced that LE has information that they are strongly against sharing with the public as a whole at this time.

I support all that LE is doing. But, these press conferences are creating more questions and anxiety in my mind than they are doing to alleviate it. My only concern is that Kyron is found and returned home.

The presser just ended with Gates, again, asking if it would be okay to meet with the media off-camera. I understand and respect LE and what they are doing, but it does cause me some concern and definitely makes me question what is not being said.

I don't think I've EVER seen LE so protective of a family as I have seen them be toward the Hormans. They are VERY protective of them.

You know, I am so glad of this, and I hope we see a lot more of it. I know a missing person case where the family had to retain an attorney and go after some people to back off. Another case where about a week ago, the chief of police issued a statement about the impact on the family and friends of the rumors being spread. Another case where somebody had to be arrested for harrassment.

It's just all getting to be too darn much, and it's negatively impacting finding the victims.

Go LE!!!!

He asked to sit down with reporters off camera...

Could be newspaper reporters. They can get more time, more details, etc., because they don't have to limit their interview time to a 5- or 10-minute live feed.

As a journalist, I would always accept off-camera interviews offered after a televised news conference. That's when you have time to ask all the follow-up questions and get more detailed information. (It's also when you get the good off-the-record stuff.)

I would assume the press conferences are given to keep getting Kyron's face and info out in the media, not necessarily to give out information.

How much does the rain mess with the search dogs? Does anyone local know if it rained on Friday prior to any searches with dogs? I would think it would make it much more difficult to follow or find a trail.

PDX has been tight with other cases as well. There is one case where a husband is suspected of killing his wife and LE won't even say where they found her car. Forgive me that the woman's name escapes me at the moment.

And Brooke Willburger....Until they found her body, I found out more about the Portland case by following her murderers rape case in New Mexico. Oregon LE had been recovering her body for days before anyone found out about it.

Interesting that the news afterward said it was asked if there had been a search warrant issued on the Hormon's and Gates said absolutely not that has not happened - and then when asked if things were underway to get a sw, he could not comment!

http://www.kgw.com/live-stream

what would they speak to the media off camera about?

I think they are concerned about the press following or bothering all the hundred's of SAR searchers that are going to be showing up overnight to join in the search.

He might just want to lay down some ground rules for the media off camera.
What they can and can't do (shoot) etc.

Sheriff would not comment if a magistrate had been asked for a search warrant. He stated that they have not searched the family's property.

A reporter stated that somebody from community offered more money for the reward, but was told to wait. The sheriff agreed but would not comment on who is making the community member wait or why they must wait????

Could be newspaper reporters. They can get more time, more details, etc., because they don't have to limit their interview time to a 5- or 10-minute live feed.

As a journalist, I would always accept off-camera interviews offered after a televised news conference. That's when you have time to ask all the follow-up questions and get more detailed information. (It's also when you get the good off-the-record stuff.)
I don't think so. I think he wanted to talk to all of them off-camera. That was at least my impression.

Does anyone know how long the Science Fair projects had been setup? Did they set up his frog exhibit THAT DAY -- or was it setup sooner?

Did he say they are looking for a living Kyron Horman?
Yes,They did.They also said this with Haleigh Cummings.Are they bringing and searching with cadaver dogs also? It just makes sense to me to bring cadaver dogs too.

I think they are concerned about the press following or bothering all the hundred's of SAR searchers that are going to be showing up overnight to join in the search.

He might just want to lay down some ground rules for the media off camera.
What they can and can't do (shoot) etc.

The only thing they can't do is break the law, so they can't trespass. He legally cannot tell them what they are allowed to shoot or ask. Police can block off a crime scene and not allow entry, but they cannot set "ground rules" for media behavior.

why on earth would they wait on offering more reward money?

I don't think I've EVER seen LE so protective of a family as I have seen them be toward the Hormans. They are VERY protective of them.

I have followed ONE case where LE was this protective of the family. The case was handled almost exactly like this one. LE stayed with the family every day for like 3 weeks. Very tight lipped. No info for a LONG time. We had no idea what was going on and were beginning to think LE didn't either.
It was the Somer Thompson case.

I hope this case turns out better for Kyron than Somer's did.

Yes,They did.They also said this with Haleigh Cummings.Are they bringing and searching with cadaver also? It just makes sense to me to bring cadaver dods too.

They absolutely need cadaver dogs. All bases need to be covered...bring Kyron home alive or (heaven forbid) dead.

An adult also witnessed the incident and described the suspect as white, 35 to 40 years old, heavyset, with a 3 to 4-inch long ponytail and a large forehead. He was wearing blue coveralls with dirt of grease on them.

Sounds like it could be Jesse James.

Sheriff would not comment if a magistrate had been asked for a search warrant. He stated that they have not searched the family's property.

A reporter stated that somebody from community offered more money for the reward, but was told to wait. The sheriff agreed but would not comment on who is making the community member wait or why they must wait????

BBM. I didn't get that, but that sure is interesting. Hmmm.

arrest made in St. Helens case of Tony Phipps(sp?) per KGW, 36 yo homeless man

Wait? Thats odd. Why....

OK after watching that presser I wonder if the family has been contacted by the person or persons that have Kyron? LE and the family are adamant that the focus stay on Kyron (as it should). The family could have been threatened that if they appear or speak publicly that Kyron could be harmed. I have never seen a family so sheltered by LE, I mean it is great for the family but odd. I feel strongly they must have some type of evidence that he is still alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaastrichtDetective