OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I'm lost.. someone asked me for the link to the pictures that showed Kyrons artwork, as far as I know, there were 2 peices released. Does anyone have that link handy?

I just don't see kidnapping with this desperate level of ground searching...I honestly think they do not know if this is an abduction or a missing -in- the- wilderness case.

I don't think that statement was written by the family either. The pronouns are all third person.

Why does this matter, you ask? I, for one, am a little disturbed that there are hundreds of people putting their own safety at risk to search for this little boy and the family can't even be bothered to personally say thank you and express a little appreciation? Not even once in 125 hours?

All I know is, my mama sure didn't raise me that way.

Aunt issued a statement to the press on behalf of the family expressing their appreciation.

At the PC :
LE mentioned the Boekhle case, in which a little boy went missing,and was never found. They also mentioned the Kim case. The Kims were located because of their cell phone pings.

I think someone contacted either the family or LE, and demanded money,saying that they had Kyron. LE traced their cell phone pings to the area that they are now frantically searching,the wooded area. If the person (s) who did this were in a clearing in the woods they would have enough bars to make a call,or calls.

It explains the silence of the family ; I wouldn't be speaking out at a PC in that situation. It also could explain the cut off of discussion about the sequence of events that morning at school. I always thought that the person who saw Kyron around 9 :00 also saw him leaving with someone. Could have been a babysitter and boyfriend... someone he knew and trusted.
Could be kidnapping and extortion. Hope Kyron is okay.

I just don't see kidnapping with this desperate level of ground searching...I honestly think they do not know if this is an abduction or a missing -in- the- wilderness case.

If this was a kidnapping, maybe they have indicated they left him somewhere out there.

Media/pictures/videos thread - no discussion: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106375"]OR Kyron Horman - Portland, Oregon MEDIA AND IMAGES LINKS - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Aunt issued a statement to the press on behalf of the family expressing their appreciation.

Desiree's sister... yeah. But we've still not heard from the people who had physical custody of Kyron on the date that he went missing.

Desiree's also talked on the phone to media.

The two statements are completely incongruous.

I'm still thinking about it.

I'm now willing, just in case that e-mail is authentic, to look at Presser statement for code. I don't think they'd have thrown a presser statement "from the family" together at the last second. That presser statement is just totally weird. Especially considering the e-mail...

Caveat: not sure what we're looking at is the real thing. We'll be able to tell if it's removed from that website soon.

Please somebody take a screen shot of the email...I have to do dinner here.
I've already done some checking on that e-mail. www . ackerlaw. com (take out the spaces) is the site the email comes from. It is law firm site. The email is contained in the "blog" section (on the left hand side). I'm thinking either one (or more) of the atty's are personal friends with dad or they represent him and/or intel. I think it is authentic.

Check for yourself - would appreciate anyone else's thoughts.

This may be out there, but since we have nothing else...

-We haven't really heard from Kyrons teachers, relative, family friends like we have in other cases, and we are 6 days in.

-The "Family Statement" is really just a statement on behalf of the family, I'm doubting they wrote it.

-The email from Kyron's dad to Intel specifically says not to speak to the media.

-2 PC's a day with no new info.

-----

Here is a theory: They know who has Kyron, or have been contacted by someone who says they have Kyron. They are hiding information about Kyron and don't want people talking about him in order to communicate with the abductor about Kyron himself. Listening to the family statement, there was an emotional break that almost separated the "resources out there to help. Please don’t stop." from the rest of the statement...almost like a plea to the abductor. Maybe he is threatening to harm the child because he thinks he has gotten in too deep? There was also a point in the statement where it was very clear that the focus needed to be kept on Kyron, not anything else. It reminded me a lot about telling your kidnapper information about yourself to humanize you to the perp. Specifically and the end the spokesperson didn't want the attention on the parents. Could it be that Kyron was taken by someone who hates the parents, and any sort of torment/anguish/emotion will lead the kidnapper to act out more? Almost as if the statement WAS for the kidnapper, as in "We are thinking about Kyron only, we don't care about the parents, this is about a little boy - not the people you hate"

Took the dog for a walk and decided to add:

- They wont confirm last sightings b/c maybe someone DID see Kyron with someone suspicious and LE doesn't want the perp to know, reinforcing the "your not in too deep yet" theory.

- They don't want community involvement and school security which would give this a more urgent energy, also reinforcing the "your not in too deep yet"

- Wanting to control media for same reasons

This may be out there, but since we have nothing else...

-We haven't really heard from Kyrons teachers, relative, family friends like we have in other cases, and we are 6 days in.

-The "Family Statement" is really just a statement on behalf of the family, I'm doubting they wrote it.

-The email from Kyron's dad to Intel specifically says not to speak to the media.

-2 PC's a day with no new info.

-----

Here is a theory: They know who has Kyron, or have been contacted by someone who says they have Kyron. They are hiding information about Kyron and don't want people talking about him in order to communicate with the abductor about Kyron himself. Listening to the family statement, there was an emotional break that almost separated the "resources out there to help. Please don’t stop." from the rest of the statement...almost like a plea to the abductor. Maybe he is threatening to harm the child because he thinks he has gotten in too deep? There was also a point in the statement where it was very clear that the focus needed to be kept on Kyron, not anything else. It reminded me a lot about telling your kidnapper information about yourself to humanize you to the perp. Specifically and the end the spokesperson didn't want the attention on the parents. Could it be that Kyron was taken by someone who hates the parents, and any sort of torment/anguish/emotion will lead the kidnapper to act out more? Almost as if the statement WAS for the kidnapper, as in "We are thinking about Kyron only, we don't care about the parents, this is about a little boy - not the people you hate"

BBM

This is getting more toward what I have been thinking...along with the purposeful release of the artwork and soccer picture. It is like they are skewing it toward a particular person or profile at least.

jmoo

FWIW, we have no idea if the family has not thanked SAR teams through other communications. Just because they don't do so through the media does not mean they have not conveyed their thanks. IMO.

Maybe so, but it's not just the SAR teams. It's also the people manning tip lines, the people calling in tips, the people bringing supplies to the donation center, the people in the media who are keeping this story in the headlines, the people manning the first aid stations. There are many hundreds of people pulling together to find their child for them.

My opinion, but I do strongly feel that thanks are in order. I know I am not them, but I'd be on my knees in gratitude for so many people trying to find my child for me.

In response to a question as to how it came about that Oregon coordinates search and rescue units from all over the state. He noted that in the Kim case, they came together and went over the way the searches were done, and what was lacking, etc. He mentioned the search for the child too, but he went missing before Kim.

I found it interesting to learn that in the Kim case it wasn't the searchers that found the family; it was a couple of engineers who were able to pin point where they were due to their cell phone. (It would be interesting to know if Kyron had a cell phone.)

Find Kyron: School parent reaches out to community

Over the weekend I heard from Kim B, a parent from Kyron's school, Skyline Elementary. She's well aware that the hills around the school are popular biking areas and she's hoping to enlist the eyes of people on bikes to find him:

"I know the cycling community is often in the NW Skyline Blvd, Newberry, Highway 30 and Forest Park area and wanted to see if it would be possible to circulate his face to as many people in the cycling community as possible that they might be on high alert for him when -- especially when in these areas."

As demonstrated by the many stolen bikes we've recovered, people traveling at bike pace tend to notice more of their surroundings. If you find yourself riding in these areas, keep a look out for Kyron.

http://bikeportland.org/2010/06/07/find-kyron-school-parent-reaches-out-to-community/

Maybe so, but it's not just the SAR teams. It's also the people manning tip lines, the people calling in tips, the people bringing supplies to the donation center, the people in the media who are keeping this story in the headlines, the people manning the first aid stations. There are many hundreds of people pulling together to find their child for them.

My opinion, but I do strongly feel that thanks are in order. I know I am not them, but I'd be on my knees in gratitude for so many people trying to find my child for me.

I see what you are saying, BUT we have no idea what they are doing, and we are only the public, we are not any of the people you mentioned, we don't need thanks, it's not for us... so if it is done privately we may never know and don't really need to.
I see where many are going with the ransom theories and if this is correct I can see why the family is quiet and doing things behind closed doors.

Kyron's dad is not an engineer. He is a Business Enterprise Architect. He's in management, not engineering. Either way, I don't believe he participated in writing that "family statement" for the media. I think LE threw it together at the last minute because the family didn't write one at all.

MOO

I think it is entirely possible for a single person to have written both. Kaine Hormon may speak to the legal department in one way (he is a manager and is 'taking charge') and to the general public and search and rescue teams, etc. with a more personable tone simply because he is not in control. Business tone versus how you might speak to friends and aquaintances.

I've never been more unsure about a case this many days into it than I am with this one. Maybe it's the lack of information being given to the press, but it's like I'm feeling around in the dark and LE won't even light a match for me, let alone turn on a table lamp. They are holding everything very close to the chest on this one, even (IMO) writing the 'family' statement for them, managing very carefully the principal's words, holding pressers that basically say one big 'no comment', etc. My hinky meter is off the charts. I'm starting to think that LE knows who has Kyron, that they believe he is still alive, and that they don't want to tip him off. Is this whole SAR process a ruse to throw the perp off, to make him/her think that they aren't onto him? Are they being extra careful to not let on so that the perp doesn't kill Kyron?

I honestly feel like this is a plot of a movie and not at all like my typical Occam's Razor way of thinking about these cases. To be honest, I can't believe I just typed those words. There HAS to be a simpler explanation than that, but I'm not seeing it.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Earl-Squirrel-Don-Freeman/dp/0670060194"]Amazon.com: Earl the Squirrel (9780670060191): Don Freeman: Books[/ame]

Earl the Squirrel goes off on a hunt for acorns.

I think I might be on my knees, sinking into utter dispair and unable to speak to anyone right now.

Please, for the sake of the mods who already have enough to do...and for the sake of Kyron who is the victim here- and by default that means his loved ones as well- can we please remain victim friendly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie