OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why they would be combing the woods if they think someone has him. It seems to me combing the woods equal wandering off or (I hate to type this) recovering a body. JMO

Wasn't Elizabeth Smart in the wilderness when they were searching for her, and that she could even hear them calling out for her? Just a thought.

After watching the majority of the presser and reading what has been written here, I am even more tied to my theory that Kyron's case is a kidnapping/abduction and "ransom" situation. The very limited information given out as well as the repeated refusal to comment leads me to believe that LE has some idea as to who has Kyron and is trying to control the information coming in and going out in order to keep him as safe as possible. The fact that LE is also requesting to speak with press off-camera reinforces my thought processes.

Currently, I am leaning toward the fact that Kyron was taken by a young woman (minor or adult) who thought she had a romantic relationship going on with one of Kyron's parents. This supposed relationship would not be real, but rather imagined. And, when this woman was rejected, she lashed out and took Kyron as a means to get the object of her affection back. I can't explain why I feel this scenario is likely, it's just a feeling I get. And, it's good as I believe this same woman will keep Kyron alive unless more rejection is thrown her way or LE or the family do something to further upset her. Hence the hush-hush nature of this case.

Another possibility is that this woman has lost a child or is jealous of the family. While this is certainly just as plausible, I don't have the same feeling about it as I do about the above scenario.

I think, to some extent, LE is keeping up with appearances in this case -- perhaps not to spook the perp? Or, maybe, I'm wrong and am looking at this case completely backwards. But, my gut doesn't think so. And, I also think, at this time, Kyron is still alive. I pray that's the case. Regardless, I am hoping and praying that LE and the FBI know what they're doing and are acting accordingly. My heart goes out to all involved. The group of people working on Kyron's case are amazing, wonderful individuals and may God grace them during this difficult time and beyond.

I've seen it mentioned on here that OR woods are full of blackberry bushes and raspberry bushes. So, I think berrys would be there.
It's rained a lot too. So, I guess water could pool on leaves and stuff.

I'm not sure how much Kyron would know about how to survive this long out there. But, I would think it's possible to.

Berries aren't ready yet. Trust me, my property is becoming overgrown with blackberry bushes and with all this rain, they are just blooming and not a berry on them yet. They just keep growing taller and more obnoxious at this point.

This makes me feel the need to explain to the kids in my life that if they are lost in the woods that it is ok to eat or drink whatever they can find!! I, honestly, don't think that my 9 year old son would know to eat wild berries or drink water from a creek or whatever. Maybe I am not giving him enough credit, but think of how many times each one of us has told our kids if its not yours, dont eat or drink it.

Also tell them to stay put!! Thats the most important thing that even adults don't get. I plan on finding books to read to my son, and stranger danger books to.

I've not yet lost hope that he could survive this long...but I am not sure I would know what to do if I were out there. And if he is injured so he can't move around and look for berries or water....well that is a scary thought.

I feel that LE feels they are racing against the clock right now, which they are for sure, if he is outdoors on his own. JMO

Maybe his big brother taught him some basic skills since he is a boy scout.

IMO

Berries aren't ready yet. Trust me, my property is becoming overgrown with blackberry bushes and with all this rain, they are just blooming and not a berry on them yet. They just keep growing taller and more obnoxious at this point.

I forget not everyone lives in the South!!!
:crazy:

Also, I forgot to mention this:

I really don't ultimately blame the school. Yes, maybe there were some mistakes made, but overall, this could happen in any school situation. A parent, or volunteer could be a predator, or a child could sneak away at recess, you name it, it is a possibility.

Regarding the "absentee phone message" that is usually set up at schools, yes, Skyline should have it set up, but what if Terri got a message like that at home, but she was out running errands all day, and did not actually hear it until she got home just in time to pick Kyron up at the bust stop. It still would not have helped too much, except maybe piece together his situation faster...? And for parents who work full time, unless they give the school their work numbers/cell to use, they won't get the message until they get home. It should still be in place at schools, but I'm not blaming Skyline for Kyron's case becuase they didn't have it.

Yes, schools are responsible for little ones during the school hours, I know that. The safety of children (and staff) is extremely important. Even if there were badges worn, signing in, etc., someone could have lured him out. I think the only measure that makes the most sense is camera use, although it would only be useful, AFTER the abduction :(, but do elementary schools in general have cameras already in place? I know that back in 97 or 98' my junior high had them put in place but only because of fighting and bullying, and it was not elementary school.

This makes me feel the need to explain to the kids in my life that if they are lost in the woods that it is ok to eat or drink whatever they can find!! I, honestly, don't think that my 9 year old son would know to eat wild berries or drink water from a creek or whatever. Maybe I am not giving him enough credit, but think of how many times each one of us has told our kids if its not yours, dont eat or drink it.

I wouldn't tell them to eat anything they find - LOL - way too many poison things in the woods. However, I did teach my children what is safe to eat if you are ever lost in our region. It happens way too often here in the Pac. NW - so I figured I should teach them in case they ever go camping or hiking with a friend or something.

Because I think LE doesn't think he was abducted.

IMO

I tend to agree. If LE had evidence that he wandered off on his own, wouldn't they just SAY that? There would be no need for all the tiptoeing around the media. JMO.

ETA: I quoted the wrong post -- sorry :).

why are they only considering a two mile radius? if he had been abducted he could be anywhere?

Possible Theory - I have no evidence to back this up....simply a theory.
What if the suspect had a legit reason to be at the school(employee, volunteer, spectator, parent ) and that is why no one noticed a :stranger:
What if the took Kyron out into the forest (remember they would not comment on if they found camps) left him there secured, then made it back to the school. Kept up their normal appearances for the remainder of the day and then one of two things:
1. the accomplice moved him to a more secure location
2. they have not been able to get back to him due to police or media scrutiny or they have constructed a lovely "den" below ground where dogs will not pick up the scent, thermal imaging will not work, sound proof
Obviously I read wayyyyy too much, but it is possible....just not so probable now that I have typed it out.

I know I am arriving late today, but can someone recap any info about a substitute teacher noticing Kyron was absent? TIA

Thanks for commenting tarabull.

The photo was screen capped from that vid so we could do a side by side comparison with pics of Kyron.

Do I remember you saying that you thought it was a woman who called in the tip and that she had lost sight of the car?

I don't recall saying a woman calling in

I said it was a man's voice speaking the call on the scanner

I'm trying to look back....there have been several of these sighting calls, IIRC last night was the lost sight of the car.

The white VW sighting was called out on scanner [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5266106#post5266106"]june 8th my post was 7:31 on WS [/ame]but i'm not sure which time zone that is...kwim?

Looking ahead to see who reviewed and what they reported...eta: just a warning i am multitasking and sense i'm going to end up side tracked :(

I tend to agree. If LE had evidence that he wandered off on his own, wouldn't they just SAY that? There would be no need for all the tiptoeing around the media. JMO.

Yes, I believe you are right. They could very well tell us that they have information that he went looking for something in the woods.
Unless they don't know.

I fear that they do not have evidence of either scenario and are doing their best to make sure he is not out there someplace near the school...hence all the added searchers...

Hate to type this, too...

Notice that the Air Force commander (can't remember his rank) who is leading the AF contingent said that they are not using infrared.

Infrared only works on living people.

I fear you are right.

How does the weather and lighting conditions and terrain (such a thick canopy of brush and trees) affect the efficacy of the infrared? That might be why it's not being used?

LE is not going to say anything one way or the other until they are sure.

He could be with someone else. Someone he went willingly with but until they find Kyron to ask him they will not know if that was the case or if he was bullied into going.

IMO

The idea of Kyron being taken by someone that has a grudge/love interest in one of the parents is intriguing. It would explain why there is no reward money, nothing that would possibly tick off the abductor.

Also, do you think they are keeping the parents out of the spotlight because they are afraid that one of them might be a "loose cannon" at a press conference? Just blurt out something detrimental to the case?

All just my opinion...rambling thoughts.....

I just don't see a planned abduction of Kyron,looking at where the family lives,he could have been taken from his yard at thier home.For an abductor to go in a school filled with adults and kids at that time,just for him,I don't know.If he was abducted,I believe,it was more than likely someone looking for an opportunity of a child unattended.IMO I mean you never know,but there was that window of opportunity for anything to happen and from approx 9am to almost 6pm noone knew he was gone.

I believe that the reason they are tiptoeing is because the situation involves other students who are minors who need to be protected. If this information was released it would just make the situation even more chaotic. The number one goal right now is to find Kyron.

I also believe that Kryon's parents are aware that this situation involves other minors and that is why they are remaining out of sight of the media. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!