OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also tell them to stay put!! Thats the most important thing that even adults don't get. I plan on finding books to read to my son, and stranger danger books to.

Wish I could remember what it was, but I had a tape (shows how long ago that was) of such information that we used to play while riding in the car. It had simple songs about such issues along with little teaching stories. My favorite was one that taught them that if they were alone and needed help that they should look for a mommy or a grandma who was with children. Other simple things were to ask for help in a store from someone who was running the checkout machine. Just simple stuff like that. I liked playing it in the car so that it was fresh in their minds wherever we were going.

jmoo

If they think and have some proof a perp has him or someone has him. Why risk over 500 lives in the woods. That just doesn't make sense to me. MOO

I agree Keeponsearching, If a perp has him and they think he is still alive, wouldn't the perp take him to his house or some building? The only way he would be in the woods under this circumstance IMO is if he killed Kyron and left the body in the woods.

The ravines they are searching look way too far for a child to walk to. One thing we know is LE must believe Kyron is quite close to the area from where he went missing. We see that so often in these cases.

LE is not going to say anything one way or the other until they are sure.

He could be with someone else. Someone he went willingly with but until they find Kyron to ask him they will not know if that was the case or if he was bullied into going.

IMO

I agree...so that leads me to believe they DON'T know what happened.

Okay, I am going to throw it out there - no laughing at me, k?

Animals. I mean if Kyron left the building for whatever reason and got into a wooded area - and there are ALOT of wooded areas, we know that. Or if he got lost trying to walk home - kids do that, we know that as well. I was walking my own property the other day and I turned around and someone's pitbull was staring me in the face. And my cousin just took a photo of a baby bear on her front porch that was very interested in her little granddaughter that was playing there. And where there is a baby bear, mama bear is sure to follow. She lives in the Portland area as well.

Okay, I asked you not to laugh at me. I might cry if you do - LOL

How does the weather and lighting conditions and terrain (such a thick canopy of brush and trees) affect the efficacy of the infrared? That might be why it's not being used?

Infrared is usually used in the dark of night. It still can pick up heat no matter the terrain. They use it continuously in Afghanistan and that terrain is horrible.

They are not using infrared during the daytime. They will do a visual from the helicopter and can come rather close to the top of the tree line. They will probably have a certified Area Observer on board to constantly watch out for power lines.

IMO

How does the weather and lighting conditions and terrain (such a thick canopy of brush and trees) affect the efficacy of the infrared? That might be why it's not being used?

It's as dark as winter here today, but what the Air Force guy (Marty Plotner) said 'infrared, not in these conditions'.

Was trying to find the link for their air group; they're elite SAR, used to working on Mt Hood (where we are always losing track of climbers, bless) and darnit, wish I was friendlier with my neighbor because he works for them!
hmm, his truck's home today.

good thoughts & welcome.

jumping off your post - yesterday I was wondering about the 10% of the kids/families not yet interviewed. The kids who couldn't return to school would be at the top of my list for interviews. Were they witness to something about Kyron and they're just devastated and staying home? Were they part of a playing hooky lark and lost track of Kyron or worse, witnessed an accident and could not bring themselves to tell.

they say 7 is still under the age of reason and moral thinking. And...7 is still the age of magical thinking:

"If I don't look at mommy's broken lamp, then maybe I didn't really just break it..."

That's also the prime 'double-dog dare ya' stage...

Without negating the fear and worry the family must be going through, I feel sorry for the community who must be terrorized and 7 days in are told only "No Comment." :( How agonizing for everyone...

I believe that the reason they are tiptoeing is because the situation involves other students who are minors who need to be protected. If this information was released it would just make the situation even more chaotic. The number one goal right now is to find Kyron.

I also believe that Kryon's parents are aware that this situation involves other minors and that is why they are remaining out of sight of the media. JMO

How would saying that Kyron wandered off on his own (or even along with a few other students) jeopardize any of the other students? Not questioning you...just trying to follow :).

Or are you saying that he could have wandered off with other students and LE is protecting those students from media scrutiny (which is exactly what they should do if that's the case)?

What kind of perp would be bold enough to go into a child's school in the middle of a science fair, with familiar and strange people all around, and take or lure a child out?

VW Picture - When I only saw the picture I thought wow amazing amazing coincidence and I hope someone calls it in.

VW Video

1. Child (7ish) riding in FRONT seat. Most parents know the law and he would be in the back seat.

2. Obviously not wearing his seat belt because his face is pressed up into the front windshield, looking. Again, most parents would not allow this. So, is that really a PARENT driving?

3. Now look at the driver... huh? Appears to be asian, with a freaky amount of lipstick and eye shadow on and some kind of ? haircut. The boy appears to be caucasian.

PLEASE do not think I am implying ANYTHING about what people look like. It's just one of those scenes with enough little odd things to make me say huh?

It's as dark as winter here today, but what the Air Force guy (Marty Plotner) said 'infrared, not in these conditions'.

Was trying to find the link for their air group; they're elite SAR, used to working on Mt Hood (where we are always losing track of climbers, bless) and darnit, wish I was friendlier with my neighbor because he works for them!

Go borrow a cup of sugar and then tell him to go find Kyron!

It is odd that they are so focused on the woods. LE has a definate reason for this IMO The only thing I can think of is that someone has him in the woods,they called either the family or LE, and LE traced the pings of the cell. ***Or that Kyron himself went into the woods that morning. He got lost,tried to get out,and got deeper into the woods. Gave up and called his family. LE traced the pings of his cell phone. Actually, I like the second scenario a lot. No crime was committed, it's unusual because the child has a cell phone, no reward because LE basically knows where he is. All efforts going into locating Kyron in those woods. No help needed from the public. It's a race against time. Yep, that's the one I like for this.***

If only we knew he had a cell phone.....

We can each have our own individual ideas and thoughts and opinions, and it's wonderful, that even so, we're all here for Kyron.

Here's something to give you a chuckle :)

4493262f1b.gif

He could have meant weather conditions or the thick forest canopy, high brush and rough terrain. I'm guessing probably the latter.

ETA: get thee to thy neighbor's lol

I know this has been rehashed and I am way late coming in. But I wanted to point out that I live in a small community. You are supposed to have a visitors pass, but a lot of the school here are the old style-no hallways each door opens to the outside. I know that is not the case here, BUT the cafeteria also doubles as the lunchroom and the gym is small. This applies to most of the elementary schools. So I can see, if they were also setting up for a talent show on the same day that they would have them in the classrooms.
As for the child riding in the front, I have a newer Volvo. It will automatically turn the airbag off if the child is under a certain weight limit. But is buzzes the whole time. I do not even let my 11 yr old ride in the front.
I really cannot understand how this family must feel. My heart aches for them. I know ( or I believe) that the way our family is structured we would be huddled together for comfort and trying to find strength in prayer and routine.
I just want him home.

What kind of perp would be bold enough to go into a child's school in the middle of a science fair, with familiar and strange people all around, and take or lure a child out?

The kind that was there already? Who knows at this point. :waitasec:

The same kind that could pull a child off of a very busy street afterschool that was busy with adults and children from a neighborhood. They all knew Somer, or knew of Somer. And he risked it all to take her. Right there in the middle of after school hustle and bustle.

Looking at the missing child cases in the media in the last couple of years,I honestly feel I'd not go in the media madness.Unless I knew he was abducted and it was necessary to talk to the abductor and the child.I would do exactly what the LE would tell me to do. Missing kids cases have an automatic following of the same tv personalities,high profile lawyers,PIs and blogger hosts that make it a circus and take the focus off the child.Rumor becomes fact and it's like paranhas that define the child and thier name to nothing more than a reality show mentality.

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the boards! I live just a few miles south of the school (in a much more populated area).

Like all of you, I'm beyond puzzled by this case. I can almost buy into the kidnap/ransom/threat theory because it would explain the family's silence, LE continuing to hold PCs even when they refuse to say anything, an officer stationed at the house, etc. The part where I get stuck is that I don't think they would have all those searchers out there at risk of getting injured and at a high cost, and then increase the amount of searchers, just to make it look like they don't have any clues.

So that leaves me with either a) they *think* they have a kidnap case and are hot on its trail, but they are not 100% certain, so they need to continue the search on the chance that Kyron is still lost in the woods and they might find him alive; b) they think it's a kidnap case and he has been hidden in the woods by his abductor; c) the worst outcome which I don't even want to type; or d) they really are as without a clue as they seem to be with their answers.

One question I have - they keep wanting to talk to the media off camera. If they are asking them to report or not report certain aspects of the story, is the media obligated to follow their wishes? Or is there maybe a media "code of ethics" that would make them do so? I ask because it seems like they have been somewhat less vulturous than usual with various aspects of this story (like how someone mentioned today they didn't ask any questions about the family), and it's surprising to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston