Identified! OR - Linn Co, Hwy 22 MM79, WhtMale 25-45, UP7309, poss from FL, LA, TX, or OK, clothes, Oct'06 - Jesus Ruiz

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Original%20Clothes_1517516834721.jpg_12685770_ver1.0.jpg
Photo%20of%20shirt%20when%20new_1517516836487.jpg_12685772_ver1.0.jpg
Unidentified%20remains%20_OP_4_CP__1517516841028.JPG_12685776_ver1.0.jpg
Unidentified%20remains%20_OP_6_CP__1517516842977.JPG_12685778_ver1.0.jpg

http://www.kgw.com/article/news/inv...-a-face-to-unidentified-remains/283-513607993

Investigators analyzed the oxygen isotopes in the victim’s hair. This testing looks at the minerals found in drinking water, then compares it with the minerals found in the water supply in various regions in the country.

Based on the testing, investigators believe the victim moved in the two months prior to his death. Lab results suggest he moved from a cooler climate, back to a warmer climate, and then returned to a cooler climate immediately before his death.

Investigators believe the victim was from Florida or Texas, based on the testing.

Pros and cons.

Con.
Timeline is off.. Thomas disappeared in 1999. They state that this doe died between 2004-2006

Pro. the height is in range. John Doe was between 5’7 and 6’1. Thomas was 6’1.

Pro. The age is in range. This doe was Estimated to be 25 to 45. Thomas was 28.

In the last 2 months of the doe’s life he had traveled through a variety of warm and cold climates indicating a possible transit lifestyle. Or that he was on the run from the law.

At the time of his disappearance Thomas was traveling around the country in his van and was known to pick up hitchhikers and camp out on the highway.
The doe was also found in Oregon. Thomas before he disappeared told his mother he was on his way to Oregon.

The on the run from the law theory can’t be ruled out either according to the charley project,
Thomas was once convicted of oral copulation with a child under fourteen and was required to register as a sex offender.

Thomas Edward Manizak – The Charley Project

1499UMOR

Last edited:
Pros and cons.

Con.
Timeline is off.. Thomas disappeared in 1999. They state that this doe died between 2004-2006

Pro. the height is in range. John Doe was between 5’7 and 6’1. Thomas was 6’1.

Pro. The age is in range. This doe was Estimated to be 25 to 45. Thomas was 28.

In the last 2 months of the doe’s life he had traveled through a variety of warm and cold climates indicating a possible transit lifestyle. Or that he was on the run from the law.

At the time of his disappearance Thomas was traveling around the country in his van and was known to pick up hitchhikers and camp out on the highway.
The doe was also found in Oregon. Thomas before he disappeared told his mother he was on his way to Oregon.

The on the run from the law theory can’t be ruled out either according to the charley project,
Thomas was once convicted of oral copulation with a child under fourteen and was required to register as a sex offender.

Thomas Edward Manizak – The Charley Project

1499UMOR

I don't see anything in Thomas's story to indicate that he might have been traveling around the country for several years, so the timeline probably isn't a big concern.

I think it's more likely he was on the run, it doesn't make sense how a transient in the forest could get murdered then dumped in the forest, JMO.

The fact that he randomly moved to Florida then the Oregon woods makes me think he was avoiding someone, not necessarily police. A Florida paradise is often where someone first goes while on the run. Maybe this guy ran out of luck and moved out to the woods to hide out.

I love seeing your posts as that means a solve is on the horizon.
Thank you. Cases are being solved left and right these days. :D I love seeing the number of solved cases go up every time a UID's profile is no longer available on NamUs. That confirms to me that the case is not just hidden from view.

Last edited:
Nearly 17 years later, the Linn County Sheriff's Office has identified a body found in the woods in 2006 as Jesus Ruiz of Aumsville.
Jesus lived in Aumsville, OR (not far from where he was found, about 40 miles) and he was not reported missing because his family thought he was in Mexico. His family said they last saw or heard from him in 2005, which lines up with the PMI. No age or picture. I feel terrible for his family but I am glad they have some answers. Hopefully investigators can find out what happened to Jesus and serve justice. He didn't end up in a shallow grave on his own. IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ezynig101
Back