Found Deceased OR - Melissa Marie Jubane, 32, Beaverton, 4 September 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is a recent vote with the HOA (condo) I am on and for stalking and privacy reasons we had to vote no on inside and outside cameras. The inside cameras face the neighboring door and inside the unit. We had a possible stalking complaint.
I did want the outside ground floor cameras kept because of crime but was voted down.
That's a shame because the other side of the coin is, Bryce would have been caught on camera and probably wouldn't have done this (at least to Melissa) if he knew he was on camera. As I said in another post, all us homeowners have Ring cameras, and yes of course we probably have creeps watching everyone, but we also have a deterrent to crimes.

Whatever the mechanism, I give a big kudos to the Beaverton Police Department. They were ON this! It's tragic that she was killed but the police certainly deserve credit for acting quickly.
I'm in the area, they are wonderful. I feel like in the past few years, especially, they have had new leadership or training because they really seem to care and are on issues very quickly. They busted a big catalytic converter operation, also they keep busting up sex trafficking rings in the area.

They did not work at the same hospital and no info was released if they knew each other.
I think they knew each other as neighbors, but again I'll bet money he said 'hey, can you come take a look at...' fill in the blank, "a kitten I found," or "help me lift this table" or whatever. She went in willingly, he overtakes her from behind and/or pulls a gun. She didn't have a chance. He had it all set up to take her inside that apartment IMHO.

As an Oregon nurse can you shed some light on how long it takes after graduation with a BSN before you can be hired as a nurse? Is it immediate or is there a state exam or something to study for and pass before getting a license? I'm asking because it may be relevant to some timelines I am putting together.

Regarding commute time, I googled it for next Wednesday morning leaving Melissa's apartment at 6:30 AM and it said 9-16 minutes. Of course I'd trust you as a local over google but I wanted to see what it said.
To give you an idea, you have to graduate before you can take the NCLEX exam. You can’t sign up for the nurse exam until you’ve graduated from school and the school sends your transcripts and paperwork. People often want to take a month or even more to study for the exam after graduation. For ex, the yr I graduated the month was July and took the test in Sept. But everyone is different in how long they want to study.
Public records state he graduated OHSU in 2022 (June?) Then, board nursing public records show he got license on 9/1/22 and per Oregonian article: “That same month he was hired as a nurse at the Providence Portland Medical Center, where he worked until October 2023.” There are lots of new grad programs and Prov has a nurse residency program that is a yr long (source: Providence Nursing Institute: RN Residency & Fellowship Program).
you can apply, interview and be offered the job but must have the license before you start. so really you can line things up for yourself to start pending you passing your test

Source: me a nurse for 16 yrs

I think they knew each other as neighbors, but again I'll bet money he said 'hey, can you come take a look at...' fill in the blank, "a kitten I found," or "help me lift this table" or whatever. She went in willingly, he overtakes her from behind and/or pulls a gun. She didn't have a chance. He had it all set up to take her inside that apartment IMHO.

What we don’t know if he took her to the apartment, or maybe assaulted in the park when she was walking the dog, for example. Seems that he caught her unaware when she was leaving, but I am not sure. Alternatively, she could have run out for a second - if they were normal neighbors, like I once used to have, to borrow milk for coffee or such. Any normal request could have been enough if she caught him in the wrong mindset.

Reactions: nao
On broadcastify.com there are archives of EMS, Fire, and LE radio calls for many areas including Washington County Oregon. On the surface it does not look like there is a feed for the Beaverton PD but there is one for the Washington County Sheriff's Office.

There is a call at 10:18 in the morning on September 4th, the same time as the BPD says they received the missing person call. I have not listened to it because you have to pay to listen to archives. It's only $15 for 6 months of access so I may just pay later and listen. There are other recordings as well that may be interesting to listen to.
I have a Broadcastify subscription and a lot of scanner listening experience.

I may not be able to listen for a day or two, but if you send me a message to remind me and with the date and time and feed you'd like, I'm happy to pull the Broadcastify archive and listen and put anything of note in the scanner thread (it can't be posted here)

ETA just saw @DS2021 beat me to saying it! Ha. Can one of you just message me with the specifics? I have some stuff going on but will do it as soon as I can!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savagegrace13
Back