Found Deceased OR - Melissa Marie Jubane, 32, Beaverton, 4 September 2024 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to @fleetwoodmac - this would be the second murder which happened at Baseline158?
Yes, 2nd murder that I am aware of, in the time I have lived here. The other one was in February 2023. Talon Mitchell murdered his new wife, Mona. I found out that he shot her in the head, while she was in the bathtub.

Maybe working for another hospital. Kaiser is huge here, maybe he worked for them.
Often new grads will work at a hospital that accepts new grads (hospitals don't all accept them) until they have the experience to work elsewhere. My partner is a nurse, and has worked in a number of hospitals. They'll have people who get trained and oriented, work a year, then leave to where they really wanted to work in the first place.

Shout out to the Beaverton PD. I didn't realize how quickly they were there to search her apt.

SEP 7, 2024
The investigation began at approximately 10:18 a.m. on Sept. 4 when the Beaverton Police Department received a welfare check request for Jubane...

Beaverton police officers responded to Jubane’s residence ... When they arrived, the officers were met by staff from the apartment complex and conducted a search of Jubane’s apartment.

At 3:12 p.m. on Sept. 4th, Jubane was entered into national law enforcement databases as a missing person.

There is a comment from a family member on FB for her missing posts that backs up the info as to her car but also mentions when her door was locked that m orning. (time).

I believe the Oregon licensing for medical licenses requires a written notification of address change within 30 days of the change (like a pilot's license where you have 30 days to update an address to exercise the privileges of your certificate). Oregon Health Authority : Update Your License : Health Licensing Office : State of Oregon But as someone who worked as a pilot examiner (designed by the FAA to give the checkride to issue a particular type of pilot license) I can't tell you how many people came to me with a license that had an address seriously out of date and they just never bothered to change it as required. So Shubert could have moved months ago and simply never updated his license.
That's not where I found his address, but I understand your point.

Well I'm replying to my own post here. Please everyone, be vigilant of your neighbors. Especially women - how is this the second time in my life that a woman was kidnapped going to her car on the way to work? I'm going to guess that he asked Melissa to help him with something in his apartment - like watch his cat (this is what happened to the woman I knew years ago that lived above me - he asked her to watch his cat) - then if she went in his apartment, he probably had it all set up to assault her - meaning windows blocked (this is what my monster years ago did), pulled out a gun, tied her up, and in this case evidently he had a body disposal plan.

So women, don't go into your neighbors houses alone if they ask you a favor. It's just too crazy and very sad what's happened to this lovely woman.
If he looks seemingly legit, she either says, “let me call my husband and be on the phone with him,” or better, “let me go downstairs and enter your apartment with the security.” There big murderous guys are cowards when it comes to other men. But yes, asking for help to lure women in is the easiest way for them. The issue is, she sees him at work, she lives nearby and he is probably not menacing IRL. After a while, people let their guards down.

SEP 7, 2024
...Schubert lives in Beaverton and is Jubane's neighbor in their apartment complex.

According to online records Schubert is being held in Washington County, Oregon jail on 2nd-degree murder charges. Police did not provide further details on Schubert's involvement in Jubane's death.

Yes, 2nd murder that I am aware of, in the time I have lived here. The other one was in February 2023. Talon Mitchell murdered his new wife, Mona. I found out that he shot her in the head, while she was in the bathtub.

I'm so sorry for the impact this is having on you personally. This is a horrific tragedy with rippling effects, I hope you can feel safe again in time. I'm worried about your safety, as with this case - monsters don't always look or act the part. Based on the pictures of him popping up on X, he's a nice looking blond guy. Far from someone you would be alarmed about crossing paths with, which means nothing for women's safety.

This might sound strange but I'm glad she was able to experience her wonderful wedding. The memories will be so bittersweet for family and friends but it must have been a very joyous occasion. I imagine it will be painful to think about right now but knowing how happy she was might be comforting.

I'm so sorry for the impact this is having on you personally. This is a horrific tragedy with rippling effects, I hope you can feel safe again in time. I'm worried about your safety, as with this case - monsters don't always look or act the part. Based on the pictures of him popping up on X, he's a nice looking blond guy. Far from someone you would be alarmed about crossing paths with, which means nothing for women's safety.
I saw the pictures as well and I'm now wondering if I've ever seen him around the building. I'm still at a loss at how somebody can do such an awful thing.

Not only do I wonder if she knew him but maybe her husband did as well. UGH! So freaking sad.

If they didn't know each other, it's possible they were on "nodding hello" terms with each other (perhaps both tending to leave for shift work around the same time, wearing scrubs, perhaps a lanyard with medical id on it) -- spotting someone from your own field and assuming some kind of affinity from that.

Very much MOO.

Earlier in this case, when I was surveying the neighborhood and it's characteristics, it really occurred to me that Baseline 158 looked strangely out of place. It was a self-contained 5- story fortress- like building occupying an entire block in a neighborhood of dozens of two-story small apartment complexes. Clearly with restricted access into the parking garage, which much be very reassuring for those coming and going during long working hours, especially such as medical-types, so they don't have to search for on-street parking at 3 am coming home from a long shift, or risk leaving their car vulnerable to street break-ins. Clearly security features all around, cameras. Very few of the adjacent rental places look to have any gates or access restrictions.

Must have been very appealing to people working long shifts, with small children. It also seemed like part of a neighborhood in transition, where other smaller rental places were likely to be turned into these 5 story fortresses. It reminded me of the blocks and blocks upper-scale apartments you find in southern California, especially such as in Irvine, where these places go on for miles. This part of Beaverton had just not got that far, yet. Yet, I'm sure her family and husband felt this was a really safe place for her to be with her long hours at work.

Such a caveat that you never really know where the dangerous ones are. Presumably the perp knew of her fiance / husband for a long time and knew she had been gone. Even if not a friend or passing acquaintance, might have figured out that she was headed for a wedding or a honeymoon.

Like everyone, I want to find out why this perp felt he had the right to attack and injure her. I, too, want the full story because it's critical to spread the word about the degree of caution women have to go through for safety. Even in this neighborhood fortress, foul evil lived and stalked the kind and innocent.

I recall there is an older self-help book for women. I think it was called The Stranger Next Door. Perhaps someone else remembers it. This seems so much like that scenario for Melissa Jubane. My greatest condolences to her husband, her family and her many colleagues and patients.

Just learning about this crushing heartbreaking news. I don't know what to say, I feel gutted.
To think a neighbor, a colleague, a fellow nurse did this.
Melissa just got married.
I feel so sad for her husband, her family, and co workers. My heartfelt condolences.

SEP 7, 2024
Bryce Schubert worked at Portland Providence Medical Center from September 2022 to October 2023. Providence says Providence does not employ Schubert at this time and has never been employed at Providence St. Vincent Medical Center, where Melissa Jubane worked.

Earlier in this case, when I was surveying the neighborhood and it's characteristics, it really occurred to me that Baseline 158 looked strangely out of place. It was a self-contained 5- story fortress- like building occupying an entire block in a neighborhood of dozens of two-story small apartment complexes. Clearly with restricted access into the parking garage, which much be very reassuring for those coming and going during long working hours, especially such as medical-types, so they don't have to search for on-street parking at 3 am coming home from a long shift, or risk leaving their car vulnerable to street break-ins. Clearly security features all around, cameras. Very few of the adjacent rental places look to have any gates or access restrictions.

Must have been very appealing to people working long shifts, with small children. It also seemed like part of a neighborhood in transition, where other smaller rental places were likely to be turned into these 5 story fortresses. It reminded me of the blocks and blocks upper-scale apartments you find in southern California, especially such as in Irvine, where these places go on for miles. This part of Beaverton had just not got that far, yet. Yet, I'm sure her family and husband felt this was a really safe place for her to be with her long hours at work.

Such a caveat that you never really know where the dangerous ones are. Presumably the perp knew of her fiance / husband for a long time and knew she had been gone. Even if not a friend or passing acquaintance, might have figured out that she was headed for a wedding or a honeymoon.

Like everyone, I want to find out why this perp felt he had the right to attack and injure her. I, too, want the full story because it's critical to spread the word about the degree of caution women have to go through for safety. Even in this neighborhood fortress, foul evil lived and stalked the kind and innocent.

I recall there is an older self-help book for women. I think it was called The Stranger Next Door. Perhaps someone else remembers it. This seems so much like that scenario for Melissa Jubane. My greatest condolences to her husband, her family and her many colleagues and patients.
I moved here from NW Portland, because this building is very safe and secure. Where I lived previously, there were lots of break-ins despite it being a "luxury" building, and I was chased by some sketchy character with a machete while walking my dog. That was the final straw. When I checked out this building, as a single woman, I felt safe. I walk my dog at all hours of the day in this neighborhood, and I've never experienced anything scary. To know that there have been two murders committed by fairly younger men (19 and 27), in the last 1.5 years...I'm just wondering what else i can do to stay safe. I know this isn't about me but it's just an eerie feeling that this happened in the floor above me, she's Asian, just like me, and she has a dog, just like me. On her way to work, just going about her life. Just like me. How she walked the hallway to the garage, like I do every single day. You just never know. Ugh.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenae
Back